Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Come On Forest! and 4 reasons why?

1. Its televised, and rubbish/departing City managers have a history with televised games!

2. With Crystal Palace the visitors 3 days later, its the perfect time to send a clear message to the Board to get Roeder out.

3. GR sacked before the Binners game, might mean we''ve got a chance to beat them!.

4. If this is not done now, relegation and administration will cost far more than Roeders pay off!.

Its never nice to want City to lose, but this time, more than ever, it could be our only salvation..............long term.

Congratulations on finally having an opinion.  After your rather feeble "come on Preston," "come on Swansea" posts you''ve at last admitted you''d like City to lose.Sadly, you''re still wrong - for one fundamental reason.Roeder''s not the problem.  He is part of the problem, sure - but only one symptom of the overall disease.Calling for the Board to get Roeder out is giving them a Get Out Of Jail card they don''t deserve.  The cries should be aimed higher than Roeder, e.g. at the board, at Munby Smith and Wynn Jones.So your "protest" idea is misguided as the target is wrong.And if we win and there isn''t a protest, I look forward to the supreme irony of message board postings asking "why didn''t the spinless fans make their feelings known?" from you and your kind who bravely speak out only from behind a computer screen.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Congratulations on finally having an opinion.  After your rather feeble "come on Preston," "come on Swansea" posts you''ve at last admitted you''d like City to lose.

Sadly, you''re still wrong - for one fundamental reason.

Roeder''s not the problem.  He is part of the problem, sure - but only one symptom of the overall disease.

Calling for the Board to get Roeder out is giving them a Get Out Of Jail card they don''t deserve.  The cries should be aimed higher than Roeder, e.g. at the board, at Munby Smith and Wynn Jones.

So your "protest" idea is misguided as the target is wrong.

And if we win and there isn''t a protest, I look forward to the supreme irony of message board postings asking "why didn''t the spinless fans make their feelings known?" from you and your kind who bravely speak out only from behind a computer screen.

[/quote]

I didn''t call or ask for a general protest Mr C, maybe I gave you the wrong impression there, but when Palace take the lead, ''Roeder Out'' chants send a pretty clear messge, yes?

I''ve always thought the Board should go, after GR and not before.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Congratulations on finally having an opinion.  After your rather feeble "come on Preston," "come on Swansea" posts you''ve at last admitted you''d like City to lose.

Roeder''s not the problem.  He is part of the problem, sure - but only one symptom of the overall disease.

Calling for the Board to get Roeder out is giving them a Get Out Of Jail card they don''t deserve.  The cries should be aimed higher than Roeder, e.g. at the board, at Munby Smith and Wynn Jones.

And if we win and there isn''t a protest, I look forward to the supreme irony of message board postings asking "why didn''t the spinless fans make their feelings known?" from you and your kind who bravely speak out only from behind a computer screen.

[/quote]

I didn''t call or ask for a general protest Mr C, maybe I gave you the wrong impression there, but when Palace take the lead, ''Roeder Out'' chants send a pretty clear messge, yes?

[/quote]

Why not? should make the players fired up and give them confidence.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Congratulations on finally having an opinion.  After your rather feeble "come on Preston," "come on Swansea" posts you''ve at last admitted you''d like City to lose.Sadly, you''re still wrong - for one fundamental reason.Roeder''s not the problem.  He is part of the problem, sure - but only one symptom of the overall disease.Calling for the Board to get Roeder out is giving them a Get Out Of Jail card they don''t deserve.  The cries should be aimed higher than Roeder, e.g. at the board, at Munby Smith and Wynn Jones.So your "protest" idea is misguided as the target is wrong.And if we win and there isn''t a protest, I look forward to the supreme irony of message board postings asking "why didn''t the spinless fans make their feelings known?" from you and your kind who bravely speak out only from behind a computer screen.

[/quote]

[/quote]What''s the logic in the board going after?Suppose they brought in Steve Tilson and he did an amazing job with what he''s got... the board are safe then, aren''t they?  It''s Delia''s little old Norwich City again, and we''ll remain floating around the mediocre end of the Championship.If you really want change, the board have to go first, not second.  A successful new manager with the current board means no change at the top, where it is needed most.

[quote user="BGG YPOS"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why not? should make the players fired up and give them confidence.

[/quote]

Maybe some of them want the same as some of us![:|]

I think most people are expecting we will lose anyway. Certainly as someone who goes to away games, I''m not expecting a good result. I would however celebrate if we did win, because its been a long time since I saw us win as I couldn''t got to Plymouth away!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]And why are we saying "Come on Forest!" and then talking about going behind to Crystal Palace?
[/quote]

It was a natual progression to my viewpoint I guess![;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]And why are we saying "Come on Forest!" and then talking about going behind to Crystal Palace?[/quote]

It was a natual progression to my viewpoint I guess![;)]

[/quote]So I presume we can look forward to a "Come on Palace!" thread this time next week.At what point are you going to want the football team you support to win a game?

Exactly Mr C., go and find some other football team to moan about Wiz you sir are a boring old man with nothing better to do, I''d like to say grow up, but it''s too late for that isn''t it.

How can you EVER, EVER want us to lose Wiz?

I hate us losing, really hurts.  And as I''m going next week I expect us to lose but I desperately hope we win.  For me, the football team winning comes before anything else.

I do not think sacking Roeder is the answer, he''s not brilliant and I do have concerns over him, but sacking the last two managers hasn''t improved anything so I fail to see why a third will, apart from giving the next manager even less money to spend.  I can''t imagine another one doing any better.

So, as I said sacking managers hasn''t stopped our struggles, so we have to change the mantle, the only thing that hasn''t changed with the last three (albeit towards the end of Worthy''s reign) is the board and an incredible lack of spending....  So instead of "Roeder Out", I say "Board Out".

We''ll never improve under this board whoever the manager is, and I don''t think keeping sacking managers would make it easier and would in fact make it much harder.

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]

We''ll never improve under this board whoever the manager is, and I don''t think keeping sacking managers would make it easier and would in fact make it much harder.

[/quote]Spot on.  Calling for Roeder''s head is not going to achieve anything - it''s complete top-down transformation that''s required.

1. Its televised, and rubbish/departing City managers have a history with televised games!

2. With Crystal Palace the visitors 3 days later, its the perfect time to send a clear message to the Board to get Roeder out.

3. GR sacked before the Binners game, might mean we''ve got a chance to beat them!.

4. If this is not done now, relegation and administration will cost far more than Roeders pay off!.

Its never nice to want City to lose, but this time, more than ever, it could be our only salvation..............long term.

[/quote]

1- it''s not only the managers that have that history Wiz, the players do too.

2- It''s ok calling for the board out and manager out, but there are flaws, a) we can''t afford to get rid of GR and b) the board are all we have right now until a new investor shows interest.

3- Sacking GR wont make an ounce of difference, the scums team is better than ours simple as.

4- We all know as fans what ''''could'''' be facing the club, however neither the board or the manager will be moved.

I never ever like to see NCFC lose to any team, nor would I want to, although I understand why some fans want us to lose, I simply can''t want them to lose.

I think things will take their own natural progression, the club is in freefall, the board are cluless, the manager is just as clueless and tactically naive.

I don''t know what the answers are as I have never felt this low and full of no hope before.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats backward logic. Surely the root of the problems should be removed first. Even if we did get the almighty and wonderful Steve Tilson in surely it wouldn''t make a spec of difference. This team is crap, whoever takes charge of it. No money to change it = boards fault.

We can''t even afford to pay Roeder off anyway so until we have the cash hes here for how ever long.

[/quote]

Sorry Wiz you are wrong!

If we sack Roeder who are we going to get as a replacement??

If you quote any lower league managers then they might not hit the mark with the step up.

Who do you think we can atract here at Norwich? NO Money, No Money at All after Roeders Pay-off!
Bottom 6 team! 8 loan players!! Moaning fans, and a week by week decline in the ticket sales. I have noticed that we are now 23+ instead of 24 or 25+ fans at carrow road.
Yes fans are naffed off. I''m a season ticket holder and I am fed up spending my time watching the norm.

BUT its not Roeders Fault!! 3 managers recently and a bunch of new talent yet still the same.

IT IS quite simply MONEY and the lack of it! The lack of the dosh is spending like a poison throughout the club. at 24+ fans can''t pay the wage bill!!! This is wrong!!

Yes we need a billionaire like so many other clubs, we all know it, but like the lottery are we not that lucky?

Ok wiz I''m sad like you but losing game after game will bring to the front the isssues but Roeder is not one of them!

For the first 40 mins against Swansea we look good, then our confidence was broken and the teams heads dropped. The rest is history.

I THINK THIS DEBATE WILL GO ON FOR A LONG WHILE, I for one like many others are very NAFFED off with all the doom and gloom.

But lets not make it worse by sacking Roeder! Without roeder we could be adrift at the bottom!

OK so Bothroyd is a free agent, but is he any good? Promotion followed by Relegation and then a failed Play-off and then a bottom 6 placing. Any better than Roeder?
I don''t think so.

Cheers All

[/quote]

Wiz, no matter who much I want Roeder out I would never wish,cheer or beg for my team to lose.

Good things come to those who wait lets just hope our xmas pressie will be Roeder going, not our team losing.

I can assure you HH, and others, that I most certainly will not be cheering for Forest, even though I believe them winning would be good for us long term.

And I say again, can we afford not to sack Roeder?

If we go down, administration will surely follow.............then what?

I can assure you HH, and others, that I most certainly will not be cheering for Forest, even though I believe them winning would be good for us long term.

And I say again, can we afford not to sack Roeder?

If we go down, administration will surely follow.............then what?

[/quote]

We wont go down Wiz ,we may just scrape it but we will stay up.

The Forrest game we will win. Televised with all the loan players wanting to look good in the shop window, might just be enough for them to "think past" our Mr Foot in Mouth and perform.

Sorry but I feel optomistic for some reason. 

Its never nice to want City to lose,

[/quote]

Why do you do it all the time then?

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Binner?

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="BigFish"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Binner?

[/quote]

I''re been waiting for that lame insult.............how original.[:S]

Cant believe what im reading. if you dont want norwich to win why support them? why turn up? the clubs better of without you

As someone has already pointed out on a previous thread, note the irony of being told to get behind your team by a Wolves supporter!

[quote user="Nuff Said"]
As someone has already pointed out on a previous thread, note the irony of being told to get behind your team by a Wolves supporter!
[/quote]

Yes Nuff Said, that tickled me.[:D]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]
[/quote]

Yeah you can mock wolves fans and i don''t like ''em either but at least when they''re not happy with their situation they let it be known and put the pressure on like most fans across the country, they are not silent gutless wonders like the vast majority of fans that follow the canaries.

It matters little if we sack Roeder or not, our Club sadly is being slowly destroyed by a cancerous growth for which there are many factors to cast blame. Delia and her Hubby are certainly high on the list, but so is the current financial climate and the state of football as a whole. Once being owned by a Multi-Millionaire was perfectly adequate, now owners realistically have to have far more than the few millions avaliable to Delia. Sack Roeder by all means but stay or go we are still doomed unless we receive some major new investment and hopefully a Board who put ambition before prudance.

i''ve also said many a time, one supporters banner doesnt represent the whole fans view. like someone took banner saturday and said "we love you glen stay for life" does that mean you all feel this? no.

irony of a wolves supporter love that! i go home and away regardless of form, league position, opposition. as long i can make it i will turn up and get behind the lads.