Sign in to follow this  
Delia, When Do I Start??

roeder should play Football Manager On The PC

I finished 17th in my first season. I was unbeaten after six games, then lost 4-1 to the Scum and went on a bad run, but was only a couple points off the Playoffs in December. Won only once in January and February (1-0 at Portman Road) and I have lost my first game of 2009/10 without having a shot. Losing to my Under 18s in a pre-season friendly summed up my preparation- I have signed two loanees and the rest were Bosmans- and I am going to get sacked before Christmas.

[quote user="still holding out for new heroes"]I''ve just finished the half season demo...and was 19th in January...Lathrope the only bright spot...Stefanovic sent off 5 times before Christmas...I blame the expectations of the virtual fans and an intrusive local media....worringly I didn''t get my P45[/quote]Funny that, Stefanovic has had 11 yellow cards in 12 league games for me. Yet never been sent ott. Im in 20th, bit rubbish. Jean-Claude Darcheville the bright spot.

I pass on a quote from Barry Fry at a Q&A after one of his highly popular and extremely funny after dinner speeches - probably the best stand up on the football circuit.

Asked: "What''s the worst development in football you have seen in recent years?" his one touch reply was: "That''s easy, ******* Football Manager cos it means every **** in the stands now think they could do the job for real. "

Much hilarity, applause dies down.

With brilliant timing, Bazza continued: "Mind you they think that about you as well - and that was BEFORE Football Manager.........."

He was addressing a County Referees Society. 

If you ever get the chance to hear a Bazza "after dinner" don''t pass it up..............................

Currently 2nd after 16 games, been in the top two most of the season, fook knows how. Koroma had 12 goals in 14 games, then got injured - for 3 months. Cureton came in and duly scored 4 in one game but now I seem to be hitting a rocky patch!

im managing the linnets! lost Joachim to injury after only the 2nd game so have struggled to find the net.. Matt Frew seems to think the idear of the game is to hit the bloody post!

Desperately need a striker to help score goals.. anyone know of any decent loans from league 1,2 and Conference national whoc can do a job in the BS north?

jas :)

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I pass on a quote from Barry Fry at a Q&A after one of his highly popular and extremely funny after dinner speeches - probably the best stand up on the football circuit.

Asked: "What''s the worst development in football you have seen in recent years?" his one touch reply was: "That''s easy, ******* Football Manager cos it means every **** in the stands now think they could do the job for real. "

Much hilarity, applause dies down.

With brilliant timing, Bazza continued: "Mind you they think that about you as well - and that was BEFORE Football Manager.........."

He was addressing a County Referees Society. 

If you ever get the chance to hear a Bazza "after dinner" don''t pass it up..............................

[/quote]

if i wanted to listen to sh*t i''d go to a sewage works thank you.

jas :)

I''m currently norwich playing the xmas period of my first season 10th in the league on a 8 game unbeaten run. Brought lita for 900k worth it 13goals so far this season!

The game''s unrealistic, i asked for more money and got a further £3m! Enough to get the Rat out! (Razvan Rat, the Romanian int''l) Added him to Darcheville, Abreu, Half of Rangers Reserves on loan, some big fat Dutch defender from finland and some aggresive Ukranian striker, i''m going up to the prem!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]The game''s unrealistic, i asked for more money and got a further £3m! Enough to get the Rat out! (Razvan Rat, the Romanian int''l) Added him to Darcheville, Abreu, Half of Rangers Reserves on loan, some big fat Dutch defender from finland and some aggresive Ukranian striker, i''m going up to the prem![/quote]Aha, I''m 6th at the moment, coming up for january where the classic championship fm player Daryl Murphy is going to make his move permenent! And when i asked for funds, i got 2 million roughly.

7 games in and i''m 6th but I just can''t score goals! ...but i''ve only let in two...seeing as we don''t start with much funds, I sold marshall for a million and brought in ''Ian Walker'' for 140k, yep that old-timer but he''s superb, clean sheet after clean sheet....also bring in tordoya (150k) and mascio (22k) both superb players.I play a 3-5-2 formation with plastic and semmy as wingbacks, but does anyone know a decent striker? or the best striker that is with us at the start? I''ve got velicka and chopra on loan as well as sibierski, lupoli, koroma and sodje..but i cant get chopra scoring

Play him next to Eugene something long n russian, a bloke from Shaktar that can be brought for £750k, the best target man in the game, no joke! 20 for Bravery, Aggression, Work Rate, Jumping, 19 for heading, stregnth... not great at finishing tho, but next to chopra...

ok thanks for that jimmy....trouble is I have no money, haha! oh well suspose I could just borrow the mind set of a spurs fan and buy him ''next year''...

Its excellent, though a tad harder than previous incarnations. Its also a well known fact that real managers actually use it as an effective scouting tool. Abreu,Tordoya and that Russian bloke for city? Someone mention it to Roeder! lol