Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers

Certainly was a very strange week with so many unbelievable results. I believe I am a jinx for sure now and send my heartfelt apologies to Arrdee and Broadslim for jinxing their selections. Never mind the stats you PUP''s.. the number one rule is "avoid nutty''s pick at all costs"!

I see Barcelona are losing at half time 1-0. I suppose its in keeping with the rest of the crazy results yesterday, remember you lovely old Pickers it doesn''t matter if we do lose it doesn''t cost any of us a penny and there is always next week....[Y]....arrdee.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Oh well, is that the first time anybody has got all six wrong [:$]
[/quote]

Nope, a certain picker from P''boro managed it a few weeks back - but it is nice to have some company in muppet corner so pull up a chair lol

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Oh well, is that the first time anybody has got all six wrong [:$]
[/quote]

No Shack thats the second time, the other unfortunate Picker was P''boro a former winner so it can happen to anyone , I have put P''boro on again in Jan and I intend to put you on again in Feb , Its more like the falling off a bike scenario, the plan being to get you on again as quick as possible....[Y]....arrdee. 

[quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

No Shack thats the second time, the other unfortunate Picker was P''boro a former winner so it can happen to anyone , I have put P''boro on again in Jan and I intend to put you on again in Feb , Its more like the falling off a bike scenario, the plan being to get you on again as quick as possible....[Y]....arrdee. 

[/quote]

Any chance of a pick for the "staff" Ray?

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Any chance of a pick for the "staff" Ray?

[/quote]

Now Butler you lovely old boy just who are you promoting?....[*-)]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Will you be giving him wheels next time arrdee?

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="arrdee"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Will you be giving him wheels next time arrdee?

[/quote]

Now Yankee you lovely old boy, I could have perhaps used a term you are more familiar with like falling off a horse....[;)]....arrdee.

What a difficult week that was! I thought I had five really good home wins all over Europe and only one of them won. So all the more credit to the PUP''s who managed to avoid the banana skins. Inch High[*] moved along to 16 consecutive winning naps and now holds the record on his own as the valiant Arrdee[*] was tripped up by me jinxing Salzburg! The impressive Shaun[*] moves up to a run of 8 while Gorleston "Gentleman" Jim[*] now has 6 straight winning naps. P''Boro[*] now has 5 and has moved into the top four of our PUP''s League. We8[*] has 6 consecutive winning naps since he was reset on 0-2 with his previous selections voided. Trent[*] also has 4 from 4 for the month and with next week being the last Saturday in November at least one of these six pickers should be P.O.M. (PUP[&] Of The Month)

Here''s how us PUPs line up after week 16 :-

Picker

Season

Season %

Inch High

16-16

Arrdee

15-16

Trent Canary

14-16

P’boro_canary

13-16

MacDougall’s perm

10-13

Mr Bump

10-13

Delia’s Devon..

12-16

Gorleston (Gentleman) Jim

12-16

Leeds canary

12-16

Shack Attack

12-16

Davo

6-8

Kathy

6-8

we8wba

6-8

NCFC_Shaun

11-15

Fellas

11-16

Hissing Sid

11-16

Newyorkcanary

11-16

Beaker

10-15

GazzaTCC

8-12

Obiwancanary

8-12

Sparkos

8-12

7Rew

6-9

BringBackIwan

6-9

1st Wazzock

10-16

Lucky Green Trainers

10-16

Norfolkchance1

10-16

Cityangel

8-13

Muddy funster

9-15

1dartmoore

6-10

Till 1010

6-10

Methcanary

7-12

Mister Chops

7-12

Graham Humphrey

9-16

Berkshire Canary

8-15

Cosmic Twin

8-16

Nutty nigel

8-16

The Butler

8-16

Camuldonum

7-14

Astrodyne

5-10

Scooby

5-10

well done all, everyone seems to get majority picks right

no one would of stood a chance this week though lets face it. who would thought none of the top 5 would win, barca failed also. add kauto star falling and nz rugby league world cup and i think the bookies will be popping the champagne open this week.

but i feel it not "if" but matter of "when" before the next winner, i can feel it in the air

keep up the good work people! and let saturday 29th November be the day

In all 46 PUPs made selections this week (two less than last week) with 9 correct naps (22 less than last week!!). The naps were divided amongst just 18 different teams with 7 being correct making only 39% success rate this week which is well down on the seasons average.

Here''s the current table which shows where us PUP''s[&] have been getting most joy.

League

Week

Week %

Season

Season %

Overall

7-18

224-384

Premiership

0-3

29-55

Championship

1-4

30-59

League One

0-1

30-57

League Two

1-2

16-44

Conference

16-26

Other Non Lge (Inc. Welsh)

1-1

7-10

English Cups

3-7

Scots Premiership

1-2

16-20

Scots Leagues

1-1

12-22

Scots Cup

1-2

Europe

2-4

41-54

Internationals

23-28

Yes good set of stats as usual Nutty, I have nothing but admiration for those 9 that avoided the banana skins, well mines in a minefield would be more appropriate. Lets hope there are no more weeks like that, Its just one of those blips that sometimes happen and anyhow its behind us now as the Free Bet train moves on to Dereham with the lovely old Blah in charge, so get those stats and tables out and start to work out your "nap" for next week....[Y]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"]Yes good set of stats as usual Nutty, I have nothing but admiration for those 9 that avoided the banana skins, well mines in a minefield would be more appropriate. Lets hope there are no more weeks like that, Its just one of those blips that sometimes happen and anyhow its behind us now as the Free Bet train moves on to Dereham with the lovely old Blah in charge, so get those stats and tables out and start to work out your "nap" for next week....[Y]....arrdee.[/quote]

Crikey arrdee, handing over the reins to the free bet to someone with an average below 50%.  Maybe I''m owed a bit of luck !

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="arrdee"]Yes good set of stats as usual Nutty, I have nothing but admiration for those 9 that avoided the banana skins, well mines in a minefield would be more appropriate. Lets hope there are no more weeks like that, Its just one of those blips that sometimes happen and anyhow its behind us now as the Free Bet train moves on to Dereham with the lovely old Blah in charge, so get those stats and tables out and start to work out your "nap" for next week....[Y]....arrdee.[/quote]

Crikey arrdee, handing over the reins to the free bet to someone with an average below 50%.  Maybe I''m owed a bit of luck !

[/quote]

Never fear Blah I have every confidence in you as have all the lovely old Pickers I am sure, you will be alright its only selection butterflies or Pickers nerves, you will calm down before the weekend....[:D]....arrdee.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

Don''t worry Blah.....I''ll be selecting very soon and I''m sure I''m no better than 30% and the strongest man in the group, i.e. holding everyone else up. I was a star last year and a flop this year and, my friend, that''s football.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

Don''t worry Blah.....I''ll be selecting very soon and I''m sure I''m no better than 30% and the strongest man in the group, i.e. holding everyone else up. I was a star last year and a flop this year and, my friend, that''s football.

[/quote]

Yankee you lovely old boy, you will never be a flop, you are a legend on the Free Bet pages and always will be....[Y]....arrdee.

Now Yankee you will soon be back on the leader board as will Blah. If I get my selection wrong next week I will be off it. But I will still hold my head up because I know I''m doing my best for my club. We are not even half way through yet, there''s plenty of time for the three of us to go on a long succesful run and storm up that league[Y]

As a matter of interest, as a newbe PUP this season, how long has free bet being going and how much has been raised in previous years?

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]As a matter of interest, as a newbe PUP this season, how long has free bet being going and how much has been raised in previous years?[/quote]

ardee''s signature at the bottom says free bet thread has raised 400£ and we have been succesful 8 times (i think) with some succesful pickers even doing it twice which is quite remarkable

i started doing it early last season and back then their was only mainly 10ish people selecting if we was lucky. the thread has come so far in just over 12months.

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]As a matter of interest, as a newbe PUP this season, how long has free bet being going and how much has been raised in previous years?[/quote]

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/2/893414/ShowPost.aspx#893414 furthest back i could such this one was

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/2/1022013/ShowPost.aspx#1022013  my 2nd post on free bet - couldnt find 1st lol

quite a chance now even a year on. all selections were made on page one (now we get 5 or 6 pages worth of naps)

also think we all adopted the small price more chance technique when before we were tipping 3/1 shots.

This was the first free bet after Arrdee negotiated it with Billy Dixon. We8 is right, we have come such a long way. I am proud to have helped Arrdee with this venture and count our success as one of my lifes achievements.

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/883575/ShowPost.aspx

The Free Bet is unique to our club and the envy of others. Our duty is to make sure it remains the success it is now. [Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

This was the first free bet after Arrdee negotiated it with Billy Dixon. We8 is right, we have come such a long way. I am proud to have helped Arrdee with this venture and count our success as one of my lifes achievements.

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/883575/ShowPost.aspx

The Free Bet is unique to our club and the envy of others. Our duty is to make sure it remains the success it is now. [Y]

[/quote]

Yes Gazza The Free Bet  in its embryo was a bit earlier when I asked the posters for help, you see I use to do a bet every week of a 6 match accumulator and still do for a £5 stake.

I thought it would be an idea to ask posters for a winner from each of them, I think I entitled the thread "I need your help" I got a response from a few and I made a selection from the teams I received , I promised if I won I would donate the winnings to the Academy, well I got 5 winners from the 6 the only team losing was Walsall, the unlucky Picker being Fat Barman and I am sure he wont mind me saying that but this had kindled an idea in my brain that if I can find a City bookmaker prepared to sponsor us we could be off and running but I thought this would be too much to hope for , an impossible dream.

I did post my thoughts on the board and a fan came and joined the board to bring me the message "if you are looking for a Norwich City Fan ask Billy Dixon of Dixmar Racing" . Now that fan has never posted again on this board. So I went and saw Billy Dixon and asked for a Free Bet , now that took a bit of doing, when I asked for a Free Bet the punters in the shop looked at me as if I was crazy, some started to laugh but Billy Dixon listened to me and said "why not that sounds a bit of fun" So thats how it all started Gazza and it is going from strength to strength, which has made me a proud and happy man and I am sure Nutty feels the same....[Y]....arrdee.