Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Raise funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers

I''m gonna go with Shack. Barca are in some fine form and although Getafe have picked up points away, they weren''t playing the likes of the Catlonians. Good luck Shack!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

After much soul-searching I''ll go for Chelsea to beat Newcastle. That should please Arrdee, as will another useless Gas fact....

Ronnie Dix scored his first goal at the age of 15 Years and 180 days against Norwich City on 3 March 1928, making him the youngest goalscorer in Football League history, a record that still stands today.

[/quote]

Yes Pete that''s an interesting fact about Ronnie Dix, of course it would be against Norwich, I did happen to know that fact as Lappinitup is always talking about it, he was there you see. He is very old don''t you know ?....[:)]....arrdee.

[quote user="arrdee"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

After much soul-searching I''ll go for Chelsea to beat Newcastle. That should please Arrdee, as will another useless Gas fact....

Ronnie Dix scored his first goal at the age of 15 Years and 180 days against Norwich City on 3 March 1928, making him the youngest goalscorer in Football League history, a record that still stands today.

[/quote]

Yes Pete that''s an interesting fact about Ronnie Dix, of course it would be against Norwich, I did happen to know that fact as Lappinitup is always talking about it, he was there you see. He is very old don''t you know ?....[:)]....arrdee.

[/quote]

[:O]

really tricky week in the champs - but cardiff look a solid bet - doing well and saw off palace last week, but then plymouth are no slouches either - especially when playing away,,,plymouth are defo beatable at home, and cardiff have just signed routledge on loan - having a punt at consolidating their top6 posi,,,i reckon cardiff will have too much for plymouth, and take them to win at odds of 2-1,,,nice, get on!!!cardiff to beat plymouth...and good luck...

After success with Barcelona last weekend I am going to join Newyork Canary, Norfolkchance and Fellas and go with the Catalan giants to make mincemeat out of Getafe!!!

Good luck Shack

Choice of three this week for me. Barca have been heavily picked, and Bayern have been selected too, so I shall go with a bit of a far out choice this week.Deveronvale to beat Fort William FC in the Scottish Highland league. Deveronvale are 4th with a game in hand, +16 goal difference in 9 games.Fort William are bottom, 4 defeats from 4 away from home, and a -22 goal difference in 9 games.Ladbrokes have a price on the game but cant see much else, there very heavy favourites but sounds like a guaranteed win! (Assuming it isnt cancelled due to the weather)Best of luck Shack, and best of luck for the next few weeks. Off on my travels and will be in Thailand for the next few weeks, and then Singapore and Malaysia. So not sure whether ill have the time to post on here! Im in Australia for Xmas though so will definitely be able to post then.

Ah well my nerves are all a jangle this week, Ray tells me I''ve managed five successive correct naps.

I did this also at the begnning of the season then managed to lose 4 out of five !

So after two successful weeks in Italy I am popping over to the South of France, ah oui oui,(don''t we all wish ?), for a very Nice bet !

St.Etienne v Nice,      AWAY WIN  ! ! !    (they are playing  the same time as City Saturday night,hope that''s an away win too)

St.Etienne are so very rubbish whilst Nice are so very very nice and unbeatable at the moment.

Bonne chance Monsieur Shack, are we going to win this week ? oui mais naturellment mon ami !

Well last week was a total nightmare in the Welsh premiership, where most of my selections come from. Out of the top four teams, three lost and one drew - almost unthinkable in that league.

But I''ll not shun the boyo''s after one dodgy week, and this week I''m Napping

Newi Cefn Druids v Carmarthen - Away win

Good luck pups

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

[quote user="leedscanary"]

Well last week was a total nightmare in the Welsh premiership, where most of my selections come from. Out of the top four teams, three lost and one drew - almost unthinkable in that league.

But I''ll not shun the boyo''s after one dodgy week, and this week I''m Napping

Newi Cefn Druids v Carmarthen - Away win

Good luck pups

Leedscanary (Young Gun)

[/quote]sounds a bit dogey leeds - any asian activity in the betting markets!!!

Hopefully following on with my recent good form, I am going to the Austrian Bundesliga -

FC Red Bull Salzburg vs SV Stadtwerke Kapfenberg - home win.

The reason - Salzburg, top of the league, have played 9 at home this season, won all 9, scoring 32 and conceding 7.  Kapfenberg, second bottom, have played 9 away, won 0, drawn 1 and lost 8, scoring 6 and conceding 27.

So my ''nap'' is Salzburg and good luck[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Blah pointed out that I was on 4999 posts this morning and said make the next one special. Well, why break the habit of a message board lifetime because none of the others have been special[;)] But I decided to post it here because the Free Bet IS special. The fact that all us City Fans come together to raise money for the academy is very special. It''s unique and the envy of clubs up and down the land, especially a certain club 40 miles away whose fans have tried so hard get a Free Bet of their own. Of course they failed because they don''t have a Billy Dixon, a local businessman prepared to sponsor them. Yes Billy is special too. And all you pickers are special, 50 of you now, posting every week, giving your best selection for the club we all love. And the presentations to FONCY have been special as have the pickers meets where posters have met and friendships been made. Last night Arrdee, Billy and myself watched the game as guests of FONCY after attending their AGM and that was very special because I felt proud that the Free Bet could help the future of our great club but also to be watching a game with my very special friend Arrdee who I got to know somewhere amongst these 5000 posts.

Anyway enough of that! My nap this week is in Austria where Salzburg (Home record P9 W9 D0 L0 F32 A7)  entertain Kapfenberg (Away record P9 W0 D1 L8 F6 A27) If this one lets me down I will really start to think I''m jinxed!

Salzburg    V    Kapfenberg               Home Win

Good luck Shack, I''m sure you''re the man for the job this week[Y]

[/quote]

I hope this is a good omen and see''s me rising up that table.  Made my pick and then read through the posts to see that both you and arrdee have gone for Salzburg too.[:D]

Also going to go for a home win for Burnley v. Doncaster.

Burnley are in a good run of form and Doncaster aren''t.

Best of Luck, Shack Attack!

Much as goes against the grain, the best I can find this week is.....

Wolves v Blackpool.....Home win.

I''m now going to wash my mouth out. YUK! [:$]

Good luck Shack.  [Y]

I think I''m going to have to be a bit of a sheep this week as I need to make up for Rochdale letting me down [:''(]

Barcelona home win for me

Right, here''s the rub.  In the Premiership, we always have the boring, boring top 4.  This season Villa look like they could challenge, which would be fun, but they have a tricky test against United this weekend.  Seeing as though every week, without fail, my predictions have been proven wrong, I''ve decided to put my ''powers'' to the test by betting against the team I actually would like to win.  I''m too chicken to try this on Norwich, so will give it a go with the above and see how I get on...So its: Aston Villa vs Manchester United, away win.

Dilema!! Should I be a sheep and go for the obvious Chelsea to beat Newcastle or be more adventurous and go for Dundee Utd to beat Hamilton.. mmmmmmmm.......... I feel adventurous, although as Dundee utd have won their last five home games and Hamilton have lost all but one, its not too risky.  So its Dundee Utd home win against Hamilton for me, and good luck picking.

Evening Nutty,Good to see you and Arrdee cuddled up together the other night in the Directors box for the Arsenal match.Still it was pretty cold.

Home win for Chelsea against Newcastle.

Evening PUPs and thanks for all of your naps. After careful-ish consideration these are my final selections.Chelsea v Newcastle - HOME WIN (Blah, Chops, Butler, Graham H, Pete, Ryan, Tilly, Mac)Barca v Getafe - HOME WIN (Me, NYC, norfolkchance1, Mr Bump, Fellas, Berkshire, Gazza, Scooby)SV Red Bull Salzburg v SV Kapfenburg - HOME WIN (arrdee, norfolkbroadslim, Nutty)Burnley v Doncaster - HOME WIN (BringBackIwan, astrodyne, MF, Sid, Cosmic Twin)Reading v Southampton - HOME WIN (Yankee, CA, Cam, Sparkos)Liverpool v Fulham - HOME WIN (Hughesey, Beaker, obiwancanary)There are a couple of away wins that I''m very tempted by, United to beat Villa (EM) and Nice to beat St. Etienne (Jim), but I think I''ll stick with these six.Good luck everyone. Six wins there and another away at Forest tomorrow night and I''ll be a happy boy [:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Evening PUPs and thanks for all of your naps. After careful-ish consideration these are my final selections.

Chelsea v Newcastle - HOME WIN (Blah, Chops, Butler, Graham H, Pete, Ryan, Tilly, Mac)
Barca v Getafe - HOME WIN (Me, NYC, norfolkchance1, Mr Bump, Fellas, Berkshire, Gazza, Scooby)
SV Red Bull Salzburg v SV Kapfenburg - HOME WIN (arrdee, norfolkbroadslim, Nutty)
Burnley v Doncaster - HOME WIN (BringBackIwan, astrodyne, MF, Sid, Cosmic Twin)
Reading v Southampton - HOME WIN (Yankee, CA, Cam, Sparkos)
Liverpool v Fulham - HOME WIN (Hughesey, Beaker, obiwancanary)

There are a couple of away wins that I''m very tempted by, United to beat Villa (EM) and Nice to beat St. Etienne (Jim), but I think I''ll stick with these six.

Good luck everyone. Six wins there and another away at Forest tomorrow night and I''ll be a happy boy [:D]

[/quote]

Great set of picks there Shack, it must surely be a case of waiting for the money.  They look as nailed on as nailed on thing in Nailsville.[:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Evening PUPs and thanks for all of your naps. After careful-ish consideration these are my final selections.

Chelsea v Newcastle - HOME WIN (Blah, Chops, Butler, Graham H, Pete, Ryan, Tilly, Mac)
Barca v Getafe - HOME WIN (Me, NYC, norfolkchance1, Mr Bump, Fellas, Berkshire, Gazza, Scooby)
SV Red Bull Salzburg v SV Kapfenburg - HOME WIN (arrdee, norfolkbroadslim, Nutty)
Burnley v Doncaster - HOME WIN (BringBackIwan, astrodyne, MF, Sid, Cosmic Twin)
Reading v Southampton - HOME WIN (Yankee, CA, Cam, Sparkos)
Liverpool v Fulham - HOME WIN (Hughesey, Beaker, obiwancanary)

There are a couple of away wins that I''m very tempted by, United to beat Villa (EM) and Nice to beat St. Etienne (Jim), but I think I''ll stick with these six.

Good luck everyone. Six wins there and another away at Forest tomorrow night and I''ll be a happy boy [:D]

[/quote]

Well done Shack you lovely old boy, they look nailed on every one of them, we must be in with a wonderful chance of success this week , if not we have all had fun trying and thats the name of the game, that is the reason I brought you the Free Bet, Its somewhere we can have some enjoyment, where all Norwich City fans can join together and try to win some money for our wonderful Academy. Well done again Andy your selections will be on with Dixmar Racing in the morning and I will tell you the odds and how much we will win lunch time....[Y]....arrdee.

P.S I hope everything is o k Muddy and Mrs Muddy and have you brought a wonderful little baby into this world ? If its a boy you can call it Ray you know and if its a lovely little girl Tilly is a nice name.