Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Are there three clubs we can finish above this season ?

We obviously need three that fare worse than us this season.

Doncaster and Forest would seem to be candidates don''t they ?  However I feel that they are beginning to find their feet in this league and they may well start to climb, (Forest on Saturday, oops !) .  Watford will probably flourish with Malky.

Our main hopes I think are Southampton, who don''t look capable of climbing any higher to me, Blackpool and Coventry look as though they are about to struggle by the way their recent games have been and may fall down the league fast.

They are my three suggestions, what do the Pinkun Forumites think ?

Of course all this will be accademic if we go on a nice long winning run soon, (yeah right) ! ! !

Doncaster maybe.. other than them i dont think thertes 2 other sides worse than us in this division... and even the Donny were on an even par in our league meeting!

jas :)

An intersting and very worrying question. Based on current form you would struggle to find one team you could confidently say we could finish above. Southampton do appear to be the best bet. The others though are picking up points where we are not.  I honestly think we will be relegated, and could easily go down as bottom team. To answer your question though, if we do stay up my guess would be

Southampton

Blackpool

Barnsley

well GJ - if roedy can get the boys to perform to the level of their abilities, we''ll be ok - maybe only just, but i believe we''ll be ok...for me, there are definitely 2 weaker sides than us, and a third (blackpool) that could suffer if they suffer injuries etc...soton can spring surprises, rather like us, but my feeling is their young team will buckle in the bottom 3 and never recover...doncaster??? hard working, but most average side i''ve seen this term...i can see them going back down,,,and agreed - blackpool - although having made a decent start - don''t look to have the strongest squad, and with injuries and suspensions, they could be found wanting when the cookie crumbles...

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Doncaster

Southampton

Forest

Coventry

Barnsley

Charlton

Plymouth

Preston

Sheff Wed[/quote]Quite right Arthur, much more realistic. [Y]

BTW. What''s that bit under your avatar all about and where are you drinking now ?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Doncaster

Southampton

Forest

Coventry

Barnsley

Charlton

Plymouth

Preston

Sheff Wed[/quote]Quite right Arthur, much more realistic. [Y]

BTW. What''s that bit under your avatar all about and where are you drinking now ?

[/quote]

If I told you the post would get deleted old mate, lets just say hes betrayed his best friend badly, and now I drink in The Trafford Arms, or the Kings Arms.

You never know what will happen in this league.

Doncaster look the most likely to go down.

Soton have a worse current record than us 7 wins in their last 36 games.

Charlton and Watford both have woeful records throughout 2008.

Barnsley and Sheff Wed will be down there. Plymouth & Blackpool don''t have the strongest of squads.

Someone always comes sliding down the league into the drop zone too.

This is still a league where 6 decent games will establish you in the top half and 6 poor results will send you the other way.

At this moment we look set for a season of struggle but despite what many think there are some decent players here and as we showed against Wolves and Brum we can compete with anyone. However, as we have also shown at Derby and Burnley we can throw in the towell anytime too!

[quote user="Belaugh Yellow"]

erm worse than us and will be relegated

Wolves

Forrest

Blackpool

[/quote]

Erm....well I reckon you could get some very good odds for that one Belaugh, is it just because of we8wba ?

Doncaster, Forest, Southampton and Blackpool... but Blackpool are quite good away from home.I can see it being us or Southampton for the 22nd place.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Doncaster, Forest, Southampton and Blackpool... but Blackpool are quite good away from home.

I can see it being us or Southampton for the 22nd place.

[/quote]

The penny drops............at long last![:D]

On current form we''d be relegated. We must start winning at home and scrape some points away from home....Where are these points going to come from? The 3 or 4 clubs that we may finish above?.... 

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

We obviously need three that fare worse than us this season.

Doncaster and Forest would seem to be candidates don''t they ?  However I feel that they are beginning to find their feet in this league and they may well start to climb, (Forest on Saturday, oops !) .  Watford will probably flourish with Malky.

Our main hopes I think are Southampton, who don''t look capable of climbing any higher to me, Blackpool and Coventry look as though they are about to struggle by the way their recent games have been and may fall down the league fast.

They are my three suggestions, what do the Pinkun Forumites think ?

Of course all this will be accademic if we go on a nice long winning run soon, (yeah right) ! ! !

[/quote]

Hmmm, just six weeks on since I raised this and  already my two to finish below us are now uncomfortably very near to overtaking us.

I hate to even think what the situation will be in another six weeks time ! Phew !

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Doncaster, Forest, Southampton and Blackpool... but Blackpool are quite good away from home.

I can see it being us or Southampton for the 22nd place.

[/quote]

pretty much agree with that Mr C. last 3 games of the season don''t look good to me, away to the scummers, home to Reading and away to Charlton. 1st lot will be trying like hell to send us down, 2nd one likely to be in the hunt for automatic promotion and third one could be in a relegation scrap. I am really afraid that this is it, we have pushed our luck too far this time.

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Doncaster

Southampton

Forest

Coventry

Barnsley

Charlton

Plymouth

Preston

Sheff Wed

[/quote]

And Curo''s goals have earned Barnley 4 points so far, smart move Roeder!

As others have pointed out that there many clubs that we CAN finish above this season,  and if we perform well we can still finish mid table (ie around 12th) 

At the moment though it does seem as if soton and charlton are doomed,  with Doncaster and Forest likely to continue to struggle;  none of them are good sides.

Many more non appearances like yesterday though and our season will vanish very quickly and we will struggle to find 3 that we WILL finish above.   

Hard to find 3 on current form! Doncaster managed 6 points from the Xmas period compared to our 3, and Forest showed yesterday, that currently they have more fight than us!

Only 2  I can see below us at the moment are Charlton (worst team I have seen for ages, and we still only just beat them 1-0), and Soton.

I think that a big reality check is on its way to Carrow Road, with League 1 and administration a real possibility.