Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Two Bob City

A new season, a new division, hope for a successful season.

I turned up Saturday expecting our new Premiership team on and off the field to be in progress mode.

As such I was hoping for two changes that in my mind transform us from country cousins to a progressive outfit, I was let down on both counts.

Firstly I was hoping upon hope that awful drum band with its only tune (a misleading description) would have lost its only gig, but no arriving via the Riverside, where again my ear drums were accosted by African Drummers, from a distance I could hear the familiar drone of the Drum Band, why do I have to put up with this noise pollution at every home game.

Secondly as I do every first ghame of the season I bought the new look programme, every thing was looking good until I got to Page 65, "A letter from Aunt Erica" has survived another season, the inclusion of the seemingly inate ramblings of an old woman, just give further impetus to the country cousin tag. Until this column is removed I shall not buy another programme unless it is a celebratory issue ala Preston.

Do any other programmes include such pointless drivel, I would be interested to know.

My regrets if my opinions offend and someone enjoys the Drum Band.

I agree with you about the drum band Pedro.

But in my opinion Aunt Erica is by far and away the best thing in the programme. I agree that some of the humour is a bit "in", but to my mind its very clever and very funny and the most readable thing in there.

Most match programmes now are full of boring, anodyne and formulaic stuff. Well done to Norwich for having something in their programme that isn''t!!

What kind of band outside the ground does a "progressive outfit" have then?

"why do I have to put up with this noise pollution at every home game" - if its that bad for you (and you didn''t just say its not your thing, after all), you don''t have to go. No one forces you to go to CR for entertainment, and there are plenty more peple on a waiting list for a season ticket or casual tickets who''d happily go along and accept the noise pollution.

You know, I don''t fell ''badly let down'' by the club; that''s for Wolves fans. I''m actually quite pleased we''ve been promoted and I enjoyed myself on Sat. Just think what the atmosphere will be like when Arsenal come to town...!

The Palace fans I walked down to the ground with said it was part of the overall experience for them to go to different stadia and soak up whatever was going on. They weren''t judgmental about anything they saw or heard, just pleased that not every club did the same things.

Peter,you really are a moaning individual - what difference does it make which particular band are playing outside the ground prior to the match. As long as they give some enjoyment to some people then why should anyone object, I don''t listen to them but if it helps create an atmosphere for the many youngsters who arrive early then so be it. What exactly do you expect,Charlotte Church performing her full repertoire or would you prefer complete silence so that other people around you can hear you moaning.
As regards to your second point about the programme what exactly does inate mean?,I think you will find there is no such word.You presumeably meant to type ''inane'' as in inane drivel which probably best describes your original post,why not try commenting on the football for a change although probably best not to because I doubt you enjoyed that either!