Sign in to follow this  
The Great Wall Of Tettey

Bell the huckerby replacement ?

david bell was the best player on the pitch by a mile today. looks such a class act !

i personally thought he had the same effect on the game than huckerby does when he played.

hes a different type of player but produces so many opportunites. We have struggled with set pieces for the last few seasons, but bell has come in and produces real quality into the box.

hes also clearly better than croft. Croft runs around all day but doesnt produce anything, and has not produced for a few games now.

As I''ve said before, I''d have both Croft and Bell in the team.

Glad Roeder started both of them today.

We''ve needed something on the left side and Bell gave us it.

[quote user="Bring Back Nielson "]

david bell was the best player on the pitch by a mile today. looks such a class act !

i personally thought he had the same effect on the game than huckerby does when he played.

hes a different type of player but produces so many opportunites. We have struggled with set pieces for the last few seasons, but bell has come in and produces real quality into the box.

hes also clearly better than croft. Croft runs around all day but doesnt produce anything, and has not produced for a few games now.

[/quote]

Best player by a mile and could be even more effective if he was playing in his preffered position on the right

[quote user="Bring Back Nielson"]

i would still drop croft.

pattison or hoolahan on the left :)

[/quote]

I wouldn''t.

Lee Croft is a good player and deserves his place on the right wing.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Bring Back Nielson"]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t.

[/quote]

well its your opinion...but i would like to ask, what would you say he contributes to the side ?

[quote user="Bring Back Nielson "][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Bring Back Nielson"]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t.

[/quote]

well its your opinion...but i would like to ask, what would you say he contributes to the side ?

[/quote]

Runs at defenders, gets the ball in dangerous areas and works very hard.

Much better player to have in the team than some people realise.

he runs at players yes, but there is NEVER an end product

he doesnt get the ball unto good areas that often, and yes he does work hard, but if all the players work hard and nobody produces anything, we would get relegated ?

[/quote]

There is an end product. Harsh to say "never".

But that''s why I feel a bit sorry for Lee Croft. He could put in 10 brilliant crosses in a game and people would only remember 1 bad one.

It looks like it''ll be the opposite for David Bell, people won''t see anything he does wrong.

He was one of the few (if not the only) of our players that there were rumours about someone else buying over the summer.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Bring Back Nielson "][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Bring Back Nielson"]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Runs at defenders, gets the ball in dangerous areas and works very hard.

Much better player to have in the team than some people realise.

[/quote]

If by dangerous areas you mean the stand, or as in the case of one first half  "cross", the outer stratosphere, then I agree.If you don''t then I''m afraid your talking nonsense, apart from the workrate.Bell is ten times the player.

he put in 1 good ball in today, and that was in the first half when he swung it across,

he doesnt score enough for a winger, and everybody knows it, his records show this !!

just think its worth trying something different see if theres a change

[quote user="Cannycanary"]

He is a class player, he has to be a starter in his preferred position of right wing  - can someone tell Mr Roeder

[/quote]

I actually agree with you for once Canny... Bell shown some extremely clever touches today, but he should be on the right wing in his preferred position as he was always wanting to cut inside and get on his right foot.

We still do not have a left winger at the club and should still have Huckerby on that left wing.

[/quote]

We''ve tried plenty of different things this season.

I''d like to see a run of games with Croft on the right and Bell on the left.

Both are good players, both should be in the team.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Bring Back Nielson "]

[/quote]

We''ve tried plenty of different things this season.

I''d like to see a run of games with Croft on the right and Bell on the left.

Both are good players, both should be in the team.

[/quote]

you are the only person fighting crofts cause. You play the best player in there best position, bell is best on the right so play him there.

crofts played most games this season, scored once , and has probobly set up 1, maybe 2 goals......its all huff and puff

[quote user="Bring Back Nielson"]

he runs at players yes, but there is NEVER an end product

he doesnt get the ball unto good areas that often, and yes he does work hard, but if all the players work hard and nobody produces anything, we would get relegated ?

[/quote]

A perfect summarisation of Lee Croft BBN... [Y]

you are the only person fighting crofts cause.

[/quote]

Yup, reminds me a bit like the countless times I fought Doherty''s cause when I first started posting on here when the vast majority loved to bash him down a bit.

I too, thought he was brilliant. Yes he prefers the right, but if he played like that on the left everygame, I''m sure that he, GR and us would be happy.

Howabout give Hoolahoop a go on the right too, I have a mind block, but I''m sure that he is right footed anyway.

Back to Bell, a certain right footer played very well on the left for us and he was not as good Bell as crossing.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]Cant disagree with Bell''s delivery but doesn''t have the pace to terrorise fullbacks. I think he needs a quick man outside of him to give us both options.
[/quote]

he doesnt need pace

if he keeps crossing like that he will be terrorising the scoreline

thats all that matters

Ala Beckham and Bentley, maybe its the B''s. Not saying that he is in the same class as them, but Bell is the same sort of player.