Sign in to follow this  
Reckoner

Player ratings against Preston

Marshall - 5 - Looked quite dodgy today, doesn''t really fill me with confidence when coming for crosses.

Otsemobor - 7 - Got forwards well and linked up well with croft.

Bertrand - 7 - A much improved performance from Ryan, linked up superbly with Bell when he hit the crossbar.

Kennedy - 7 - A bit of a mixed bag from him, scored a goal and defended solidly for most of the game, but then had a few moments of poor play, and in my eyes was at fault for the second goal.

Stefanovic - 6 - Wasn''t on the pitch long, hope the injury isn''t too serious.

Croft - 6 - One moment in todays match summed up Croft, he chased down the left back for 30 seconds, won the ball, and then ballooned a cross to the otherside of the pitch.

Bell - 8 - Great first half performance, faded in the second, but so did everyone else. He has one hell of a cross on him and finally we have someone who can take a corner.

Clingan - 6.5 - Played ok, linked up midfield and strikers well, but was also guilty of playing head tennis with John Kennedy at some points in the second half.

Russell - 5 - Was having his best performance in weeks until he got himself sent off, he''s done it a couple of times now and is becoming a liability.

Lita - 7.5 - He made some great runs up front, and scored a good header, but does sometimes run to nowhere and dives a bit. Also, a stupid yellow card.

Sibierski - 7.5 - I thought he played really well, winning headers, nice touches, hopefully not out for too long but looks like a knee injury.

Subs:

Doherty - 7 - Another impressive performance from the Doc, solid.

Cureton - 4 - Had 45 minutes to do something, and he done absolutely nothing.

Pattison - 6 - Done ok when he came on.

Poor substitutions from Glenn today, why bring on Cureton instead of Lupoli, and Pattison instead of Hoolahan? No, i don''t know either. Other than that it was a good performance, should have buried them in the 1st half.

i can''t agree that it was a goog performance - at home against a poor uncreative side and we couldn''t win is a bad performance to me

the first goal was madness and all involved should get their wages docked or something to remind them that the first 5 mins of the game aren''t a warm-up

Bell was amazing in getting us in front, but after that the whole team were complacent and arrogant.

poor coaching, no real leader on the pitch, and i''ve had enough of this dross... trying hard isn''t good enough, it''s points that count at the end of the season, just look where the scum have got themselves

rant over...

Or Hoolahan could play attacking midfield next to Clingan. Or Sibierski could paly their. Or David Bell could play their. 3  better options ...

[quote user="Broken Bricks"]

Marshall - 5 - Looked quite dodgy today, doesn''t really fill me with confidence when coming for crosses.

Bertrand - 7 - A much improved performance from Ryan, linked up superbly with Bell when he hit the crossbar.

Kennedy - 7 - A bit of a mixed bag from him, scored a goal and defended solidly for most of the game, but then had a few moments of poor play, and in my eyes was at fault for the second goal.

Croft - 6 - One moment in todays match summed up Croft, he chased down the left back for 30 seconds, won the ball, and then ballooned a cross to the otherside of the pitch.

Bell - 8 - Great first half performance, faded in the second, but so did everyone else. He has one hell of a cross on him and finally we have someone who can take a corner.

Clingan - 6.5 - Played ok, linked up midfield and strikers well, but was also guilty of playing head tennis with John Kennedy at some points in the second half.

Russell - 5 - Was having his best performance in weeks until he got himself sent off, he''s done it a couple of times now and is becoming a liability.

Lita - 7.5 - He made some great runs up front, and scored a good header, but does sometimes run to nowhere and dives a bit. Also, a stupid yellow card.

Sibierski - 7.5 - I thought he played really well, winning headers, nice touches, hopefully not out for too long but looks like a knee injury.

Subs:

Poor substitutions from Glenn today, why bring on Cureton instead of Lupoli, and Pattison instead of Hoolahan? No, i don''t know either. Other than that it was a good performance, should have buried them in the 1st half.

[/quote]

Thanks Delia, for what it''s worth I thought it was a pi$$ poor game from 2 poor teams, neither of whom could do anything in possession and gave the ball away cheaply. Nothing for the fans to cheer about, it was dire.

What I want to know is, what do they do at Colney all week ? I think we should be getting better from the players we have, the table doesn''t lie. Bell was easily man of the match, Lita, Doc and Clingan were Ok as for the rest God help us. My fear is, if we do go down, we will not get back up again.

Roeder and Clark, we deserve better. The attendance was no where near the figure stated, huge swathes of empty seats, which will understandably increase if we keep dishing up garbage like that. 

[quote user="San Miguel"]

i can''t agree that it was a goog performance - at home against a poor uncreative side and we couldn''t win is a bad performance to me

the first goal was madness and all involved should get their wages docked or something to remind them that the first 5 mins of the game aren''t a warm-up

Bell was amazing in getting us in front, but after that the whole team were complacent and arrogant.

poor coaching, no real leader on the pitch, and i''ve had enough of this dross... trying hard isn''t good enough, it''s points that count at the end of the season, just look where the scum have got themselves

rant over...

[/quote]

Fair enough, agree with most of that actually, we seem to need to concede a goal to wake us up, and at the start of the second half i would have thought we would have come out all guns blazing after our good first half performance, but it was the most boring 15 minutes of my life.

What i meant by good performance was that we did actually play good football and created chances for once, but only in the first half unfortunately. Obviously the result wasn''t good, and our defending was poor to concede two goals to two of the most useless strikers in the league, but we actually played some nice stuff at times.

[quote user="San Miguel"]

rant over...

[/quote]

Have to agree with that, PNE were a very poor side and we should really have won comfortably, for some reason we seemed to sit off them after we went 2-1 in front and invited them back into the game. We played some good stuff at times but as usual we didn''t seem to shoot enough, Otsemebor and Cureton had reasonable chances to kill the game at 2-1 but elected to cross and the chance was lost.

I can''t even begin to explain how frustrated I am as to how we failed to get 3 points today, not good enough.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Broken Bricks"]

Subs:

[/quote]

Thanks Delia, for what it''s worth I thought it was a pi$$ poor game from 2 poor teams, neither of whom could do anything in possession and gave the ball away cheaply. Nothing for the fans to cheer about, it was dire.

What I want to know is, what do they do at Colney all week ? I think we should be getting better from the players we have, the table doesn''t lie. Bell was easily man of the match, Lita, Doc and Clingan were Ok as for the rest God help us. My fear is, if we do go down, we will not get back up again.

Roeder and Clark, we deserve better. The attendance was no where near the figure stated, huge swathes of empty seats, which will understandably increase if we keep dishing up garbage like that. 

[/quote]

What an original post, "Thanks Delia", cracks me up every time i hear it, which is everytime somebody posts something which is slightly optimistic...

I didn''t watch the game, so my ratings and reviews probably won''t mean much, but i did listen, and for me it would go like this:Marshall

- 6 - In the first half he was a poor as can be. His biggest let down

was a complete lack of communication with the defence that almost

resulted in 2 or 3 Preston goals. Luckily it only resulted in one.Second

half he picked up. From what i can recall he may of made 1 or 2 good

saves, but it was his dominance in the air from crosses that was

impressive. He was both awful and solid today, averaging out to what is

a fairly average 6.Jon Otsemobor - 7/8 - Showed what we missed

while Omozusi was playing on the right. Displayed determination, pace,

good passing with Croft, and good tracking back throughout most of the

game. The only reason i gave him a 7 was because i believe he had quite

a big hand in the first Chris Brown goal. However, if it''s all Marshy''s

fault he''s an 8 for me.John Kennedy - 8 - Solid at the back

from my understanding. Didn''t have a hand in conceding either of the

Preston goals, and scored an important goal for us. A big and effective

player for us on the day.Dejan Stefanovic - 5 - What can i say?

Early injury cuts short this review i guess. Solid, and passing was

good as always. Not much else to say.Ryan Bertrand - 7 - Decent today. Couldn''t be taken advantage of from the Preston wingers, and was overall a very solid player.It''s

also unlucky that he didn''t get a goal, after it apparently hit the

post and crossbar. However going forward his crosses were a bit

lackluster from my understanding.Lee Croft - 5 - I''m sorry. Fan

of his. He ran and ran and ran, but until his delivery is improved, or

he comes up with some goals and assists, i can''t give him credit. I''m

sorry, but just running past players isn''t enough unless your going to

run it into the oppositions net.Sammy Clingan - 7.5 - Did what

I what i want to see. Low key, but almost every attack made was built

upon the foundations of Cligans passing. Without him in the side i

could see our team fall apart. He brings solidness and structure to our

side, and I''m always happy to see him play (unless he''s on as a right

back).Darel Russell - 5 - Gave strength and depth to the

midfield, and combined well with Cligan, bar the first 10 minutes,

where he was fairly poor and timid to be honest.Back on track

up until his sending off. His sending off destroyed the structure of

the team, and he alone carry''s the weight of our misfortunes today.

When he comes back to the side he''s going to have to give a lot to make

up for his mistake today and his fairly poor/mediocre performances

since he was scoring.David Bell - 10 - The 3rd 10 of the season

for me (the other 2 being Pattison against Plymouth and Clingan against

Wolves). He was relentlessly attacking for as long as our team had

structure, and he was given the ball. Passing, skill, and crosses

especially were sublime. The kid is a genious on the pitch at times and

has a lot of talent, and i hope to see a lot more of it this season.With

a big striker upfront for his crosses we could win games like this with

goal tally''s going into the double figures. Really was eye catching.

Brilliant.Antonie Sibierski - 6 - Was good in the air, nothing

worth mentioning on the floor though, but had to take a lot of hits and

it took it''s toll as the game went on. Right to take him off. Lost any

sort of influence on the game when it got bad.Leory Lita - 7.5

- Great determination, and if Roeder has influenced anyone with his

talks since Burnley it''s Lita. Fiercly wanted to make things happen,

but the ball didn''t reach his feet enough again.His goal was given to him by the sounds of it from poor marking, never the less it''s a goal, and an important one at that too.Subs:Gary

Doherty - 7.5 - Seemed solid at the back, and unlike the Doherty i knew

of old, seemed calm and cool in nervy parts of the game. Only falls

behind the rating of Kennedy for not contributing a goal.Jamie

Cureton - 6 - Not too much of note. Put in the effort to make things

happen at points, but obviously being Cureton now days, had no

confidence, and found it easy to go missing, especially towards the

end. It might as well of been 9 Norwich players on the pitch when he

was dropped to the right of midfield.Matty Pattison - 6 -

Fiercely determined to prove his worth when he was on the wing, but

after the sending off, he was put in the middle. After that the

midfield battle was passed on to Preston, and he lost any sort of

influence on the game that he may of had before Russell left and he was

put in the centre of the midfield.I have to say, he''s a winger.

He''s of no benefit in the middle. Even if it means Fotheringham being

played, we must not play him there. As soon as either him or

Fotheringam are in the centre of the pitch we lose the midfield battle.Overall

we had the bad, and we had the good, and it all averages out for an

average performance from the Canaries when we needed to see more from

them.

[quote user="Broken Bricks"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Broken Bricks"]

Subs:

[/quote]

[/quote]

What an original post, "Thanks Delia", cracks me up every time i hear it, which is everytime somebody posts something which is slightly optimistic...

[/quote]

If you can find something to be optimistic about after watching that shower of s**t you need help.

Marshall 6 - Could be blamed for Prestons opener, and always on the edge when he comes bombing out of his goal (sometimes unnecessarily), but looks at ease taking catches from crosses and hadnt a lot to do.

Bertrand 6 - Poor control in the 2nd half scuppered what was a decent display. Lovely effort on goal which should have been followed up with a goal.

Stefanovic N/A - Looked nasty, although I didnt see what happened.

(Doherty) 8 - Gets his head to everything moving in the air, brave in the challenges, should be starting.

Otsemobor - Saw him all smart outside the Jarrold at 1pm :), had a great chance to shoot at goal, but was goal-shy and then produced a poor cross. Another decent display.

Clingan 6 - Does his DM well, but gave the ball away a few times today which is unlike his usual displays.

Bell 8 - Delivery was excellent, from set-play and open-play. Hasnt got the attacking speed of Croft, but makes up for it with his crossing.

Croft 7 - Full of energy, and some decent crosses, but his distribution just isnt as good as it could be, and fluffed a great chance.

(Pattison) 6 - Not enough time to implement any chances.

Russell 5 - Didnt get into the game as much as would have been hoped, and a silly sending-off.

Sibierski 7 - Good touches and flick-ons, although lost the ball a bit towards the end of the half. Guess he was replaced for another niggle.

(Cureton) 6 - Glad to see him given a go, but he didnt do himself any favours by passing when in the box with the goalie to beat.

Lita 7 - Nice header, and some good touches/runs. Could have had a second bar a great save.

[quote user="Largey"]

Marshall 6 - Could be blamed for Prestons opener, and always on the edge when he comes bombing out of his goal (sometimes unnecessarily), but looks at ease taking catches from crosses and hadnt a lot to do.

Bertrand 6 - Poor control in the 2nd half scuppered what was a decent display. Lovely effort on goal which should have been followed up with a goal.

Kennedy 7 - Nice finish for the goal, and looks a real threat at set-play. Was left wanted for Prestons 2nd goal though.

Stefanovic N/A - Looked nasty, although I didnt see what happened.

(Doherty) 8 - Gets his head to everything moving in the air, brave in the challenges, should be starting.

Otsemobor - Saw him all smart outside the Jarrold at 1pm :), had a great chance to shoot at goal, but was goal-shy and then produced a poor cross. Another decent display.

Clingan 6 - Does his DM well, but gave the ball away a few times today which is unlike his usual displays.

Bell 8 - Delivery was excellent, from set-play and open-play. Hasnt got the attacking speed of Croft, but makes up for it with his crossing.

Croft 7 - Full of energy, and some decent crosses, but his distribution just isnt as good as it could be, and fluffed a great chance.

(Pattison) 6 - Not enough time to implement any chances.

Russell 5 - Didnt get into the game as much as would have been hoped, and a silly sending-off.

Sibierski 7 - Good touches and flick-ons, although lost the ball a bit towards the end of the half. Guess he was replaced for another niggle.

(Cureton) 6 - Glad to see him given a go, but he didnt do himself any favours by passing when in the box with the goalie to beat.

Lita 7 - Nice header, and some good touches/runs. Could have had a second bar a great save.

[/quote]

[quote user="Broken Bricks"]Croft - 6 - One moment in todays match summed up Croft, he chased down the left back for 30 seconds, won the ball, and then ballooned a cross to the otherside of the pitch.[/quote]Don''t know what he was thinking with that one. The only explanation I can come up with was that he briefly thought we had Peter Crouch standing on a giraffe''s head in the penalty area.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Broken Bricks"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="Broken Bricks"]

Subs:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you can find something to be optimistic about after watching that shower of s**t you need help.

[/quote]

Well book me in then doc, i need some help [:p] Personally i thought the first half was quite good, created chances, passed it around well, restricted them to the one chance that they scored. We just lack consistency and the ability to kill off a game. Now, i''m not so deluded as to think we will make the play-offs this year, but i think we could improve slighty on last season, maybe 13th or 12th.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]"for what it''s worth"...... well it''s worth nothing because you obviously weren''t at the game. We started at 3.10, which was unfortunate because Burnley started at 3.00, but once we got underway we played some very good football in patches - much more running off the ball and good natural width, moving the ball quickly from midfield (note - no Fotheringham). There were some individual mistakes, sure, but the overall quality was miles higher than I''ve seen sometimes this season. Stef got injured, but Doherty was absolutely mighty - I really like the look of a Doherty-Kennedy centre back pairing. Clingan and Bell botth played exceptionally well, Sibierski and Lita looked quality. And Burnley were far from poor - they played some good football as well. And then Russell got sent off and we panicked and then our heads dropped after they scored. That soured a generally good performance. I agree about the Pattison sub - my heart sank when I saw him take his tracksuit top off. The other sub (Jamie for Sib) was fair enough given his options.

[quote user="whoareyou"]What''s the betting that he uses Fotheringham to replace Russell for the next few weeks rather than Pattison![:(][/quote]

You had to say it didnt you. [:(]

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

"for what it''s worth"...... well it''s worth nothing because you obviously weren''t at the game. We started at 3.10, which was unfortunate because Burnley started at 3.00, but once we got underway we played some very good football in patches - much more running off the ball and good natural width, moving the ball quickly from midfield (note - no Fotheringham). There were some individual mistakes, sure, but the overall quality was miles higher than I''ve seen sometimes this season. Stef got injured, but Doherty was absolutely mighty - I really like the look of a Doherty-Kennedy centre back pairing. Clingan and Bell botth played exceptionally well, Sibierski and Lita looked quality. And Burnley were far from poor - they played some good football as well. And then Russell got sent off and we panicked and then our heads dropped after they scored. That soured a generally good performance. I agree about the Pattison sub - my heart sank when I saw him take his tracksuit top off. The other sub (Jamie for Sib) was fair enough given his options.
[/quote]

Ah you are obviously confusing this weeks rubbish with last weeks utter garbage, easy mistake to make !

I think (as I have said) Clingan and Bell were good, but, the misplaced passing, the lack of flair and skill, and LACK of width (you could have driven a bus up and down the wings at various points in the game and not hit anyone) when the game was crying out for it was alarming. Worst of all is the fact we are playing Hoofball again with 2 tiny strikers.