Does anyone else feel like this...

I went to the game on Sat and thought yeah, that''s Norwich. That''s us playing to our best. We''re not world-beaters, but I felt we''d moved on a little from last season which was encouraging. Hopefully we can move on a bit more and a bit more as the season progresses. I was happy with our performance and felt we couldn''t really judge our season from it because we weren''t playing an established Prem team, so hard to measure.

I went to the pub and watched Middlesborough v Newcastle on the TV and thought ''omigod, the pace and the passing... we''re going to be torn to shreds by teams like that!''

Then I went home and watched MOTD and, partly because the big three hadn''t played yet, I felt that most of the teams on show didn''t actually look that much different to us. Suddenly I felt much more optimistic, I could see us battling with half of the teams in the Prem on something approaching equal terms. Very few of them put together many fast, one-touch, destructive passing moves that resulted in clear opportunities. There was a lot more scrapping, working, tackling and so on and it I now feel it looks very possible, if we keep playing like we did on Sat... and maybe improve bit by bit.

I don''t expect anything out of games against the big guns, but never did - hopefully we can keep the score down to a respectable amount!! But after them... bring on the likes of Bolton, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Southampton, Fulham, Man City, West Brom... we''ll give any/all of them a good game I reckon, and pick up some points in the process....

Yes I watched the highlights on Sky and listened on radio and feel that we played fast for all 90 minutes. It was not like an old Division 1 game from last season where there were bad, quiet spells.