Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Does anybody want us to win tomorrow?

Reading some of the posts this week I''m starting to wonder if I''m going to turn up at a ground full of fans in yellow and green chanting for a Preston victory! Whilst the atmosphere on the forum has been poisonous for some time,its taken a major turn for the worse in the last week with people committing what I consider to be a cardinal and inexcusable sin for a football fan, namely actively wishing defeat on your side.Even worse, we have at least one juvenile idiot suggesting that relegation would be in the long term interest of the club.Whilst I support the idea of changes at board level and, increasingly at management level, I would make the following points:

1. While I am no fan of Roeder, I am well aware,as many of those who wanted him sacked are constantly pointing out, that we don''t have a brass farthing. If you sack a manager you have to pay up his contract. If we have no money how do we achieve this, without ruining the club?

2. I am equally no fan of Delia (although I do appreciate what she has done for the club), but the only way to get rid of her is for someone to buy her out. Despite the increasingly blind faith of certain posters it appears that no-one currently wants to, or is able to. If that is the case then ,like it or not, the current board is the best option for now.I don''t like that, but I prefer it to administration.

3. At the risk of triggering the usual kneejerk reaction, I will use the "C" word.I am sick to the back teeth of the huge array of excuses that are trotted out on this forum to justify the fact that our "lifelong fan" appears to be taking no action to take over the club despite its parlous position, whilst Delia''s every act and utterance is portrayed in the worst possible light.As someone pointed out on another thread, if Cullum wanted the club he could have it.The logical conclusion is that he either doesn''t want it, or that he wants it broken so that he can get it at a bargain price.Whilst I suspect the former, as the economic situation has made vanity projects less attractive for businessmen, if the latter is true, how does this square with the "lifelong supporter" image? I believe that this is a falsehood for PR purposes, and if thats the case, then how likely is it that Cullum would want to buy a League One club? Not much glory there, is there?

4. Clearly we are staring down the barrel without new investment, and attracting it must be everyone''s priority.Supporting your team''s opponents hardly sends out the right message,any more than the gross personal insults smeared all over the forum by the likes of Smudger.Our current situation is horrid, because there is no easy way out and certainly not one that can be engineered by the fans.If there was another investor in a position to buy the club, taking to the streets,boycotting games and so on makes sense,but at present, while we are kept in the dark( by all parties) we can achieve very little.

I will be there tomorrow shouting myself hoarse for my team.Will anyone be joining me?

i never want my team to lose, and i will never hope for it, i do believe we will win 3 of are next 4 games maybe them all.

Come On CIty!!!

I could never think of a situation where I would want Norwich to lose. But I also think that under the present regime they are more than likely lose without any help from my desires.

As regards to Roeder, well I think the die is cast, much of the credibility he appeared to have is rapidly evaporating, he will go eventually whether we can afford it or not.

Beauseant - I don''t think for a moment you are going to face your nightmare. We are city fans at heart, it''s in our soul and no one can really want us to lose.

Agree with your feelings on the manager. We are stuck with him, until of course things change at the top of the club.

The Board - I don''t know if it''s more that investors maybe do exist, but are not being proactively encouraged. I don''t think it would do anyone any good for the board to go (ie via the ways of relegation and administration) just to suit a few mindsets. IF we have to keep the current personnel -then we either need them to change their philosophy, and in addition to recruit some additional Directors to manage financial affairs more competently and with the emphasis on building a stronger football squad or we need a total buyout.

I don''t know about Cullum. None of us do. We are all surmising and speculating on what''s gone on in the press, people we have had rumours from etc. Yes he could well have bought the club by now, but on the other hand, Delia and Michael could well have met him and thrased something out to the benefit of both parties, we just don''t know. The lifelong supporter tag could mean anything. Most of us would call ourselves lifetime supporters. What does that really mean?

I completely agree with your point 4, Beauseant. What we really do need to know is what is going on? Is there an investor? If not, what are the Boards'' answers to our current plight? What happened re the Cullum affair? When we have these answers maybe they will indicate protests, boycotts etc. I do wonder however that a continued silence or reluctant attitude from the Board to seek change/investment will spark off spontaneous protesting, whether a solution is apparent or not.

And like you, I will be singing throughout the game as ever.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Beauseant - I don''t think for a moment you are going to face your nightmare. We are city fans at heart, it''s in our soul and no one can really want us to lose. Agree with your feelings on the manager. We are stuck with him, until of course things change at the top of the club. The Board - I don''t know if it''s more that investors maybe do exist, but are not being proactively encouraged. I don''t think it would do anyone any good for the board to go (ie via the ways of relegation and administration) just to suit a few mindsets. IF we have to keep the current personnel -then we either need them to change their philosophy, and in addition to recruit some additional Directors to manage financial affairs more competently and with the emphasis on building a stronger football squad or we need a total buyout. I don''t know about Cullum. None of us do. We are all surmising and speculating on what''s gone on in the press, people we have had rumours from etc. Yes he could well have bought the club by now, but on the other hand, Delia and Michael could well have met him and thrased something out to the benefit of both parties, we just don''t know. The lifelong supporter tag could mean anything. Most of us would call ourselves lifetime supporters. What does that really mean? I completely agree with your point 4, Beauseant. What we really do need to know is what is going on? Is there an investor? If not, what are the Boards'' answers to our current plight? What happened re the Cullum affair? When we have these answers maybe they will indicate protests, boycotts etc. I do wonder however that a continued silence or reluctant attitude from the Board to seek change/investment will spark off spontaneous protesting, whether a solution is apparent or not. And like you, I will be singing throughout the game as ever.[/quote]

I think that we''re all frustrated by the (apparent) lack of progress while results get worse and we slip closer to the relegation zone. I would like to believe that things are going on behind the scenes, but you''re quite correct in suggesting that the silence will eventually result in some spontaneous uprising, although how widespread that would be remains to be seen. I also totally agree with your point about the need to change the mindset of curent personnel.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Reading some of the posts this week I''m starting to wonder if I''m going to turn up at a ground full of fans in yellow and green chanting for a Preston victory! Whilst the atmosphere on the forum has been poisonous for some time,its taken a major turn for the worse in the last week with people committing what I consider to be a cardinal and inexcusable sin for a football fan, namely actively wishing defeat on your side.Even worse, we have at least one juvenile idiot suggesting that relegation would be in the long term interest of the club.Whilst I support the idea of changes at board level and, increasingly at management level, I would make the following points:

1. While I am no fan of Roeder, I am well aware,as many of those who wanted him sacked are constantly pointing out, that we don''t have a brass farthing. If you sack a manager you have to pay up his contract. If we have no money how do we achieve this, without ruining the club?

2. I am equally no fan of Delia (although I do appreciate what she has done for the club), but the only way to get rid of her is for someone to buy her out. Despite the increasingly blind faith of certain posters it appears that no-one currently wants to, or is able to. If that is the case then ,like it or not, the current board is the best option for now.I don''t like that, but I prefer it to administration.

3. At the risk of triggering the usual kneejerk reaction, I will use the "C" word.I am sick to the back teeth of the huge array of excuses that are trotted out on this forum to justify the fact that our "lifelong fan" appears to be taking no action to take over the club despite its parlous position, whilst Delia''s every act and utterance is portrayed in the worst possible light.As someone pointed out on another thread, if Cullum wanted the club he could have it.The logical conclusion is that he either doesn''t want it, or that he wants it broken so that he can get it at a bargain price.Whilst I suspect the former, as the economic situation has made vanity projects less attractive for businessmen, if the latter is true, how does this square with the "lifelong supporter" image? I believe that this is a falsehood for PR purposes, and if thats the case, then how likely is it that Cullum would want to buy a League One club? Not much glory there, is there?

4. Clearly we are staring down the barrel without new investment, and attracting it must be everyone''s priority.Supporting your team''s opponents hardly sends out the right message,any more than the gross personal insults smeared all over the forum by the likes of Smudger.Our current situation is horrid, because there is no easy way out and certainly not one that can be engineered by the fans.If there was another investor in a position to buy the club, taking to the streets,boycotting games and so on makes sense,but at present, while we are kept in the dark( by all parties) we can achieve very little.

I will be there tomorrow shouting myself hoarse for my team.Will anyone be joining me?

[/quote]

A surprisingly good post this one Beaseant. But fundermentally what you are saying is that the fans should hope for and more importantly do nothing. This isnt the way to get out of the hole we are in. Let me tell you why........

I dont think you realise the importance of tmos game. It is entirely unique to any other game this season. A dissapointing performance coupled with defeat would almost certainly trigger those all those fickle dormant fans who, for some reason or another, have remained optimistic about a club that is clearly going nowhere. For the first time boos would ring out around Carrow Road, and they would be louder and more directed than ever before. Delia would get the hair dryer treatment from a united 20k fans and finally get it into her head that her time is up, that her presence in the boardroom is detremntal to the future of the club. If we boo loudly enough she will eventually get the message.

You say the only way to remove Delia is for someone to buy her out? I have to disagree. Delia is more than capable of jumping ship (life jacket intact) but she is choosing to walk the plank. You must remember that if Delia departs, Cullum will almost certainly arrive. Delia is holding the club back.

I, like most other fans used to love Delia when she arrived. She provided good coverage and breathed fresh life into a club that had started to go stale. However since her half time episode against Man City, she has clearly lost the plot. Maybe the poor dear is finally reached that age, I dont know, but lets not ignore the fact that she is a little slow and delirious any longer. Its not just her finacial dealings, its the facade she creates which veneers the club that causes just as much damage. We have become a joke to other clubs. To put this straight she has to go now.

[quote user="TCF"]

A surprisingly good post this one Beaseant. But fundermentally what you are saying is that the fans should hope for and more importantly do nothing. This isnt the way to get out of the hole we are in. Let me tell you why........

I dont think you realise the importance of tmos game. It is entirely unique to any other game this season. A dissapointing performance coupled with defeat would almost certainly trigger those all those fickle dormant fans who, for some reason or another, have remained optimistic about a club that is clearly going nowhere. For the first time boos would ring out around Carrow Road, and they would be louder and more directed than ever before. Delia would get the hair dryer treatment from a united 20k fans and finally get it into her head that her time is up, that her presence in the boardroom is detremntal to the future of the club. If we boo loudly enough she will eventually get the message.

You say the only way to remove Delia is for someone to buy her out? I have to disagree. Delia is more than capable of jumping ship (life jacket intact) but she is choosing to walk the plank. You must remember that if Delia departs, Cullum will almost certainly arrive. Delia is holding the club back.

I, like most other fans used to love Delia when she arrived. She provided good coverage and breathed fresh life into a club that had started to go stale. However since her half time episode against Man City, she has clearly lost the plot. Maybe the poor dear is finally reached that age, I dont know, but lets not ignore the fact that she is a little slow and delirious any longer. Its not just her finacial dealings, its the facade she creates which veneers the club that causes just as much damage. We have become a joke to other clubs. To put this straight she has to go now.

[/quote]

Thank you, I always enjoy being patronised!

On what basis do you make the highlighted statement? What happens if Delia walks and Cullum doesn''t arrive? Perhaps you could set out your contingency plan if that happens, as I''m sure you will have thought it through? After all, if you don''t have one that would look dangerously like the blind faith I referred to in my original post......

[quote user="C T"]

I hope now that people can understand my views and why i felt the reasons to post my ''i want preston to win'' thread.

[/quote]

No, I don''t. You''ve made your bed.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="C T"]

I hope now that people can understand my views and why i felt the reasons to post my ''i want preston to win'' thread.

[/quote]

No, I don''t. You''ve made your bed.

[/quote]

That''s a first for a teenager !

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TCF"]

[/quote]

On what basis do you make the highlighted statement? What happens if Delia walks and Cullum doesn''t arrive? Perhaps you could set out your contingency plan if that happens, as I''m sure you will have thought it through? After all, if you don''t have one that would look dangerously like the blind faith I referred to in my original post......

[/quote]

I opologise, didnt mean for it to sound that way. You posts have been good (of late [;)])

I just want rid of the board. I have had enough. They are destroying the club with their piss poor money management. My ten year old nephew could do a better job. There are investors out there who WILL step in to take the reigns if they did. Cullum def wants the club (he has made that clear to the tune of £20m) he is waiting for Delia to cave in. He, like many realistic Norwich fans, is waiting for Carrow Road to become a nasty place. Delia can be forced out AND WE WONT BE LEFT STRANDED.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]I hope you win tomorrow but I do think you need a more settled side.  Injuries have not helped you though.[/quote]

Rubbish, we have enough players in the squad that can cover for injuries. If they arent good enough what I they doing in the squad?

Though you are right about the settled squad bit. Its Roeders persistant rotaion of the team that is ruining this more than the injuries.

I want us to win and I will be there cheering as always.  One fundamental point that appears to be missing on this tread is that it is thew performances on the pitch that has got us in this situation.  We keep reading in the press that the players are too good to be in this position.  the players also repeat ad nauseum that they owe the fans and manager a debt and are going to repay it.  Well let us see that starting tomorrow then.

What is going on off the pitch is a different matter.  What ever our feelings we have no money, we have the Glen Roeder management team and the Delia Smith boardroom.  No business worth its salt conducts its busness in public.  This forum now seems to consist of those who either don''t believe anything comming from Carrow Road, unless it fits in with their own views, Those who think that silence masks any number of conspiracies, and those that unrealistically call for unknown benefactors to give us millions of pounds.  Get real chaps, lets make the best of what we have got and be constructive and positive.  Starting with supporting tomorrow and then buying all your Christmas presents from the club shop, organising your Christmas meals at Delia''s and booking your summer holidays through Canary Travel before buying more shares and putting all your surplus cash into your Norwich and Peterborough Canary account.  Then re-new your season ticket.

[quote user="TCF"]]

I opologise, didnt mean for it to sound that way. You posts have been good (of late [;)])

I just want rid of the board. I have had enough. They are destroying the club with their piss poor money management. My ten year old nephew could do a better job. There are investors out there who WILL step in to take the reigns if they did. Cullum def wants the club (he has made that clear to the tune of £20m) he is waiting for Delia to cave in. He, like many realistic Norwich fans, is waiting for Carrow Road to become a nasty place. Delia can be forced out AND WE WONT BE LEFT STRANDED.

[/quote]

No need to apologise, my comment was tongue in cheek. Although we usually disagree I enjoy our verbal jousts!

Totally understand your comments about the board,but I just think that your faith in Cullum is misplaced, although this is one issue on which I would behappy to be proven wrong!

Oh, and Maccy D, LMAO![Y]

[/quote]

[/quote]Delia cant just walk. She needs somebody to buy her out.

i want us to win, if i didnt i wouldnt call myself a norwich fan because i believe that if you dont want your team to win you are not a true supporter!

if people believe that we aren''t going to win why are they bothering going!

Put it this way, I have become so inured to our crappy team losing, it will be no great shock if we lose tomorrow. The sense of disappointment I have at a Canary defeat is rapidly declining as well with every sloppy surrender at the hands of second rate teams.        It''s for the best - it helps keep depression at bay.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

and this differs from the way Watling and then took Chases shares off his hands how exactly???

How long did they wait while Chase was taking stick left right and centre before they stepped in???

Could you please remind me again?

They were life long fans of the club with the clubs best interests at heart too weren''t they??? [8-)] [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

and this differs from the way Watling and then took Chases shares off his hands how exactly???

How long did they wait while Chase was taking stick left right and centre before they stepped in???

Could you please remind me again?

They were life long fans of the club with the clubs best interests at heart too weren''t they??? [8-)] [:$]

[/quote]More than can be said of you to be honest.I hope you win tomorrow as I was born and raised in Norwich so I have a certain fondness for the city, the best in the world [;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You mean similar to the blind faith you have shown in Delia and Co over the last 3 years???

Whoops, what a silly boy... go and sit in the corner!!! [:$]

[quote user="TCF"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="TCF"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on TCF... and those who say anything else are just scaremongering for their beloved Auntie Delia, or just not prepared to have the guts to stand up, voice their concerns (in a manner that will achieve something) and be counted.... [Y]