Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

My view on Glen Roeder

After a year I now want to post on my opinion of GR:

Some of his signings are good but that is about it. So would it be fair to suggest:

We make him chief scout and find a manager of men? Because his actual managment seem lacking to me. Sacking Hucks was criminally stupid. You do not get rid of talent until you have already got a proven replacement. His interpersonal skills, tactical awareness and ability to play best team (how can you be consistent when the team chops and changes with the wind?) are also questionable. He also seems to have real favourites - why ever is Lupoli not playing? Why? We cannot score but the lacklustre Cureton gets in ahead of him??Hello?

To summarise I think GR is a good spotter of talent but a poor man manager and it is showing.  The result is total inconsistency, points thrown away through tactical error and players forzen out. I would suggest others coiuld get more from the same players we have. Wolves gave a hint of that.

Ultimately when we have no money we actually need the polar opposite of GR- a man who can get performances out of players and who need not spot talent

Just MHO...OH AND WE NEED A NEW BOARD!!!!!

A very good summary of Mr Roeder. It is quite clear now just why fans of West Ham and Newcastle couldn''t believe we had employed him. He has no man management skills what so ever. He changes the team around every week, one assumes just to keep the loan players happy. He should pick a team and stick to it, preferebly one without half his crap loan players in .

He is one of the worst managers we have ever had. Under Roeder we are only heading one place- Division 1

100% spot on.  I cannot remember the last time we had such an arrogant manager who blames everyone  else and never accepts any responsibility for poor results.

''I think GR is a good spotter of talent''Nonsense if that was the case we''d have some decent lower league players brought in instead from a bunch of hit and miss loans

Here we go again another 2 points down the swanee, oops didn''t mean that, hope we beat them next weekend.   God help us Christmas is coming!!!! I don''t know what the answer is , the team seem to be scared of Roeder he is definately not getting the best out of them.

If Glen Roeder became chief scout at our club I think that would just top off what an absolute joke we have become. To me, he does not have a clue and just hopes the players he signs will come off. Some do, some (really) don''t.

Besides, Glenn Roeder wouldn''t become chief scout anyway. He''s far to big for such a minor role!

Considering the state of the club when he got he, and the meager transfer budget he has been given, I think he has done alright.He kicked out god knows how many poor or truly awful players and has managed to replace all of them with players of better quality across the pitch. Who would you rather have Clingan or Brellier? Murray or Stefanovic? Obviously with so many new players coming in, some haven''t hit the highs everyone would of been hoping, while some have over achieved. Our prediciment has been created by Grant''s horrendus transfer market activities draining all of the remaining parachute payment money and lumbering us with an over inflated wage budget. (I dread to think what we are paying Jamie)I struggle to see how any other manager would of done much better than Roeder, who after all has uncovered some good players in Ched Evans, Ryan Bertrand and Sammy Clingan who no one here had heard of before he signed them.The team has been chopped and changed due to injuries and suspensions, and if you look at when the few occasions we have remained unchanged it was the Plymouth to QPR game and the Wolves to Doncaster game, which doesn''t really back up the fact an unchanged squad leads to improved performances.We all want to be higher up the league, but to expect that to happen instantly is unreasonable, considering some of the money other clubs are spending.I''m prepared to give him more time, and hopefully he will get some more money for January and can start to bring in more players to bolster the squad and get us the striker and extra central midfielder we so need.

[quote user="Jonny 5"]Considering the state of the club when he got he, and the meager transfer budget he has been given, I think he has done alright.

He kicked out god knows how many poor or truly awful players and has managed to replace all of them with players of better quality across the pitch. Who would you rather have Clingan or Brellier? Murray or Stefanovic? Obviously with so many new players coming in, some haven''t hit the highs everyone would of been hoping, while some have over achieved. Our prediciment has been created by Grant''s horrendus transfer market activities draining all of the remaining parachute payment money and lumbering us with an over inflated wage budget. (I dread to think what we are paying Jamie)

I struggle to see how any other manager would of done much better than Roeder, who after all has uncovered some good players in Ched Evans, Ryan Bertrand and Sammy Clingan who no one here had heard of before he signed them.

The team has been chopped and changed due to injuries and suspensions, and if you look at when the few occasions we have remained unchanged it was the Plymouth to QPR game and the Wolves to Doncaster game, which doesn''t really back up the fact an unchanged squad leads to improved performances.

We all want to be higher up the league, but to expect that to happen instantly is unreasonable, considering some of the money other clubs are spending.

I''m prepared to give him more time, and hopefully he will get some more money for January and can start to bring in more players to bolster the squad and get us the striker and extra central midfielder we so need.
[/quote]

I think the one thing above all that you can safely say is that the NCFC manager will NOT get any money to spend in January...

I was 100% behind Roeder initially,but my view has changed totally for four reasons:

1. Signings .Of the new players only Bell and Clingan have really impressed.Stefanovic looks like an excellent player in decline, Hoolahan, for whatever reason is a complete bust at present. The loans have been equally disappointing , with Lupoli,OJ and Archibald- Henville already totally out of favour.Lita and Sibi are good when they feel like it,which isn''t often enough.Kenendy has impressed me, but Omozusi has been very accident prone.Regardless of budget, that''s too many failures.

2.Tactics and substitutions.Bizarre is the word that springs to mind .There are many examples over the weeks but lets stick to the Preston game.Yesterday we had hauled ourselves back after an awful start, then Sibi goes down, on comes Cureton who has done NOTHING all season and we change the style of play, losing all rhythm in the process.Then, he hauls off Croft, puts the left footed Pattison on the right and leaves our best player, the right footed Bell on the left.Why?

3.His inability to motivate the players.We have already seen what happens when you replace an arrogant control freak with someone who''ll put his arm round a player at Spurs.Love him or hate him, Harry gets people playing for him.You get the impression that our lot wouldn''t pee on Roeder if he was ablaze!

4. His attitude to the fans.We have put up with some garbage in recent years, but we keep turning up.Some of Roeder''s snide, sarcastic dismissals of fans'' opinions have really got my goat.

I know we can''t afford it, but I''d like to see him go.

My view on Glenn Roeder is....that I would rather have Peter Grant still in charge.

His attitude was never as bad as Roeders, yes some his comments were questionable like when he initially joined and labelled the fans a disgrace after a game against Hull, but he never dragged the atmosphere at the club so low.

And I think the above says it all about how I''m feeling about the club at the moment.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Allegedly at WHU and Newcastle he was known as ''Teflon'' because no one could stick him!
[/quote]

He was known as a lot more names than that at Wet Sham I can assure you of that lol  [:D]