Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

THE MAN - AGM had better not be yet another damp squib

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Heffers Canary"]so.......... what did happen re: the land deal?[/quote]

Does anyone know?

[/quote]

Why not ask the board on Tuesday.

I''ll be there.

[/quote]

Why don''t you tell us before the AGM Pete? It is mentioned in an Archant article after all.

We have already started to do this Roedy, it was discussed at the meeting with John Tilson and several NCISA members and others the other night.

I remember well what happened to Keith Roads last year. He had balls alright and is, I consider, one of the most loyal and passionate city supporters I have ever known.

Having said that though, for those of you who have yet to attend such an evening, it''s intimidating and nerve wracking in the extreme. A few of us will attempt to ask questions, I would hope I am given the chance. I may not get the answers I want, but more than anything I want to feel as if I am doing what I believe is right and that''s offering constructive criticism to the Board - and asking what they intend to do now to rectify their errors.

[quote user="cityangel"]Which article is it mentioned in?[/quote]

Durrr! The one you quoted on page one of this Thread. Just asking Pete to expand on the details of that "the £6m land deal has fallen through" comment that you are also enquiring about.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]We have already started to do this Roedy, it was discussed at the meeting with John Tilson and several NCISA members and others the other night. I remember well what happened to Keith Roads last year. He had balls alright and is, I consider, one of the most loyal and passionate city supporters I have ever known. Having said that though, for those of you who have yet to attend such an evening, it''s intimidating and nerve wracking in the extreme. A few of us will attempt to ask questions, I would hope I am given the chance. I may not get the answers I want, but more than anything I want to feel as if I am doing what I believe is right and that''s offering constructive criticism to the Board - and asking what they intend to do now to rectify their errors.[/quote]

I agree basing arguments on fact in a forward looking friendly fashion is more likely to get a response than irrational emotional abuse. I have to say that it is very naive to expect to get anything out of an AGM in any organisation tough. The interesting stuff  in business is always discussed between a small group of people behind closed doors due to its sensitive nature.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

Durrr! The one you quoted on page one of this Thread. Just asking Pete to expand on the details of that "the £6m land deal has fallen through" comment that you are also enquiring about.

[/quote]

Sorry I didn''t mean that, I meant are there any more details of why it fell through

They did me CA, I had to show them either the letter or share certs. I guess it depends on who is on the door. I was also asked what I thought by R Norfolk on the way in, I guess they may have heard my response lol

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

[/quote]

Sorry I didn''t mean that, I meant are there any more details of why it fell through

[/quote]

OK, I think that there are a few of us would like to know whether, and if so why, the deal has fallen through. TMITS may be a "fans eye view" but surely what he writes must be factual and free from hearsay? Mind you, it would not be the first time that a columnist had twisted the truth for dramatic license.

Mozzer

I am at Smudger''s end of the spectrum rather than yours and can tell you I have watched City since the early 70s. I am not sure that comparing the current regime with those of the past is entirely relevant. What some of us want to do is go along and ask questions. I would love to know what their plans are to get us out of this relegation battle, how they are getting along talking to these potential investors etc.

I too want to see the game against them down the road, but the way things are going, there won''t be any repetitions next year.

As shareholders it''s our right to question decision making and to question what they intend to do about our current plight. This is entirely separate from going along to support the team on a Saturday afternoon.

As this thread is about the AGM that is why some of us are trying to discuss it.

Newspapers are in the business of selling news not in keeping to the facts which would to be fair make for dull reports. Whenever I''ve been familiar with the details of the story myself the story in the papers is over dramatised. I would expect though the Board had originally expected to complete the land deal this year given the loan is due this year unless it is probably rolled over. Obviously, now is not a good time for the property mkt. I expect there would be no deal in the first place to fall through in the current mkt so the anticipated sale of land has been delayed due to current mkt conditions would probably be more accurate.

T - I know what you are saying and maybe I am incredibly naive, but as the club has long been heralded as belonging to the fans, I would expect as one of them, to be treated with some sort of respect and given a straight answer to a straight question. I want to go and ask questions not just for myself, but on behalf of those who can''t attend.

If the Board brush me off as a mere irritant then so be it. There will be others like me who might ask as well. IF the Board wish to remain silent and treat us all like mushrooms then they may one day wake up to find less polite questions being asked and some of that emotional abuse directed at them in a less friendly fashion.

IMO we supporters have been incredibly patient and we have to wonder just how long it is before events get out of hand.

As for business of a sensitive nature, it''s time the Board as a whole came clean about OUR club, whoever or whatever has a hold on it. Otherwise mass disillusionment will surely follow and those gates will fall to unsustainable levels. Surely the Board would be wise not to let history repeat itself.

[quote user="mozzer"]

.............Anyway enough of the AGM - I''m more concerned with a certain game coming up agaisnt that lot from down the road and how much it means to beat them - we need every one to be together and roar the Pride of Anglia on.

[/quote]

What''s this doing on this thread ?

Our Club is going down the tubes, a rare chance for a public debate comes up on Tuesday but someone would rather bang on about a match still four weeks away.

Give me strength........

The AGM will be the usual stage managed farce, pre-determined questions from decrepid old blue rinse faggots hissing and mumbling should anybody dare question the Suffolk Souffle queen.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Heffers Canary"]so.......... what did happen re: the land deal?[/quote]

Does anyone know?

[/quote]

Why not ask the board on Tuesday.

I''ll be there.

[/quote]

Why don''t you tell us before the AGM Pete? It is mentioned in an Archant article after all.

[/quote]

Irrelevant - it''s an opinion piece. Why not ask The Man himself. His email address is at the top of the article.

g the great - I agree openess would help just like the open letter from ashley at newcastle helped calm the situation. I jsut think a friendly, more constructive approach starting with some positve comments is more likely to get an answer. Whatever has happened in the past, right or wrong, can not be changed. Right now the only thing that can really make a difference is either you change manager which may or may not work or you find someone else to put cash into the business as co-owners or someone buys the Board out. Therefore what they are doing to find new sources of cash and the status  is the most interesting topic. Given that they are very few people with the necessary wealth and football is a very unattractive business financially that is easier said than done.  

In the Radio Norfolk interview with Neil Doncaster ( before the Preston match ) he was asked to comment on the concern that many have with respect to the number of loans that we have and what happens when their loan term is up, particularly given that we have very little money to acquire players. Neil responded in the way one would expect by saying we will try to extend some of those loans and, if necessary, we will seek other players in January. The interesting part, however, was when he went on to say, quote, "The AVERAGE salary budget in the Championship is five million pounds, and that NCFC is well above that." I believe this comment raises a good question at the AGM. How much above the average are we? Are we in the top eight to ten clubs and, if so, why are we punching well below our weight even by that measure? If Glenn Roeder has a player salary budget that is in the top bracket ( rather than the bottom ) of the division then can someone explain to us what the problem is and who''s accountable.

[quote user="T"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]We have already started to do this Roedy, it was discussed at the meeting with John Tilson and several NCISA members and others the other night. I remember well what happened to Keith Roads last year. He had balls alright and is, I consider, one of the most loyal and passionate city supporters I have ever known. Having said that though, for those of you who have yet to attend such an evening, it''s intimidating and nerve wracking in the extreme. A few of us will attempt to ask questions, I would hope I am given the chance. I may not get the answers I want, but more than anything I want to feel as if I am doing what I believe is right and that''s offering constructive criticism to the Board - and asking what they intend to do now to rectify their errors.[/quote]

I agree basing arguments on fact in a forward looking friendly fashion is more likely to get a response than irrational emotional abuse. I have to say that it is very naive to expect to get anything out of an AGM in any organisation tough. The interesting stuff  in business is always discussed between a small group of people behind closed doors due to its sensitive nature.

[/quote]

Bit of a contradictory statement considering the words you follow it up with surely???

You can ask questions in a nice civilised manner, but what is the point when the majority will not believe any of the ready made excuses that are wheeled out because we have heard so many tales from them in the boardroom before???

Try and speak to the board members on a level playing field and they will make mugs out of you for a 4th year running.

Self righteous Board? Not half as self-righteous as the moaners on here! Let me propose a simple test to ascertain if you are a genuine fan.

Answer this question to yourself honestly. What would you prefer to see, a turn around in form by the current team proving the doom merchants wrong, or continued struggle allowing the Anti-Board people to protray themselves as vindicated, i.e do you really have our Clubs interests at heart or are you really obsessed with yourself, and being ''right''?

[quote user="corbs"]

Self righteous Board? Not half as self-righteous as the moaners on here! Let me propose a simple test to ascertain if you are a genuine fan.

Answer this question to yourself honestly. What would you prefer to see, a turn around in form by the current team proving the doom merchants wrong, or continued struggle allowing the Anti-Board people to protray themselves as vindicated, i.e do you really have our Clubs interests at heart or are you really obsessed with yourself, and being ''right''?

[/quote]

I would prefer to see the back of Delia Smith ASAP, because that is the only thing that is going to bring about a change in form you moron!!!

Was it not Bill Shankly who said "form is temporary and class is permanent"???

Well the same can surely can be said for LACK OF CLASS too!!!

The only way we will challenge at the level NCFC should be at again is getting rid of Smith & Co ASAP.

[quote user="corbs"]

[/quote]

Corbs, I for one am def a fan but totally fed up with the poor excuse of a football club we have become!.

Most of the failings come from the top twin that with "dubious statements on investment/no comment on potential investment/and disgraceful behaviour on a national radio show" from our so called leader, which she has never been taken to task about is unforgivable!

I would love things to turnaround but it ain''t happening until change at the very top happens!, let me ask you perhaps you are not "a real fan" for standing by and watching the current board drive our club into the ground???