Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

THE MAN - AGM had better not be yet another damp squib

[quote user="mozzer"]

Ah Smudger the great Norwich "supporter"

You won''t be there at the AGM will you, or at a game will you - and yet you call actually supporters "self righteous". You want to change the club by staying in your bedroom telling other what to do.

[/quote]

I was at the NCISA meeting on Thursday night, I was at the game today and am currently deciding to take up a shareholders offer on going to the AGM next week also.

You better hope that you are not sitting next to me and tell me to sit down and shut up!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="mozzer"]

Ah Smudger the great Norwich "supporter"

You won''t be there at the AGM will you, or at a game will you - and yet you call actually supporters "self righteous". You want to change the club by staying in your bedroom telling other what to do.

[/quote]

I was at the NCISA meeting on Thursday night, I was at the game today and am currently deciding to take up a shareholders offer on going to the AGM next week also.

You better hope that you are not sitting next to me and tell me to sit down and shut up!!!

[/quote]

I should of said that I am currently trying to decide whether or not I should take up this shareholders kind offer.

With people like you and so many others who are scared to speak up against your like though, is it worth going to be worth me giving up a few hours to hear the same old clap trap though???

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Alternatively your local media could ask the searching questions on your behalf couldn''t they?

[:P]

[/quote]

Not likely thought Cam is it lol [;)]

Smudger,

No doubt you sung your heart out today. More than happy to sit next to you - I shall look out for you with pleasure I''ve a few bones to pick with you

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Well I have a mate who goes each year and he says those who show the slightest hint of saying something that might make the board shift uneasily on their seats are told to shut up and sit down by the same few shareholders.

I have also heard that it seems the same old people every time who are allowed by the Chairperson of the meeting to have more than their fair share of air time, and that IMHO is wrong.  Each person that wishes to speak should be allowed to, and each person should be given an alloted time (up to 5 mins) to express their feelings or ask questions.

I have chaired and been secretary at lots of AGM''s for an RAF association and we would not put up with anyone telling people to be quiet, sit down, or shut up.

It''s a great pity that I''m not a shareholder, and that we only paid a small fortune to buy bricks and not shares. 

[/quote]

That is certainly the way that it should be WAY49... but we all know that it isn''t don''t we (and not just at the AGM but at all of our forums).

I had to hold my arm in the air for about 45 minutes at Diss last year while Wynn Jones, Munby and Co wriggled in their seats.

When they did finally give me the microphone they then ripped it out of my hand and sssshhh''d me up again within a few seconds and prior to me finishing the question which I was asking.

They did not want the truth about the character of certain board members to be let out of the bag.

[quote user="mozzer"]

Smudger,

No doubt you sung your heart out today. More than happy to sit next to you - I shall look out for you with pleasure I''ve a few bones to pick with you

[/quote]

What sing my heart out for the current crock of plop???

You are having a laugh aren''t you???  [:$]

The whole ground knows we are heading in one direction, hence why it is more in keeping with a library than a football stadium these days.

Yet it is a crime to voice discontent.... [+o(]

I think you should go. I would like to see your views aired properly and out aloud and to see how the board react to it. I don''t think that it will be an all out war against the board on the night, but I reckon that it will be a lot more uncomfortable than they hope.

Out curosity, if you had one question to ask the voard, what would that be and you can''t resort to slagging off

Smudger,

Certainly no crime to voice discontent, we all have different opinions - but why did you go if not to supporter Norwich?

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Alternatively your local media could ask the searching questions on your behalf couldn''t they?

[/quote]

The local media are inhabited by as many spineless twots as the stands though Cam.

You know how it is these days.... you can''t say this, you can''t say that.

Look at the way the national press have behaved with the rag that was thrown to them by the Russell Bran/Jonathan Ross shennanigans.

Talk about pathetic... Mauel forgives, while his Grandaughter (or whatever she was)... sees the opportunity to make a quick buck and is straight back in the country to demand that Brand and Wossy are sacked, while she pimps herself as a talentless bimbo to sell a few story''s and attempt to get a new celebrity boyfriend.

Yawn, yawn... thick English Liberal middle class snobbery falls for it hook line and stinker.

[quote user="mozzer"]

Smudger,

Certainly no crime to voice discontent, we all have different opinions - but why did you go if not to supporter Norwich?

[/quote]

Who says I didn''t support Norwich MOZ?

I struggle to cheer for the current team, but I was not cheering against them either.

I went because I was offered a free ticket and it allows me to give an educated opinion on what a shambles our club is in these days, with the added bonus of not having to put a penny in Auntie Delia''s sweaty palms. 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

The local media are inhabited by as many spineless twots as the stands though Cam.

[/quote]I was accessing the Rick Waghorn/ Mick Dennis website recently on a pretty slow internet connection. I couldn''t help but notice that as the page loaded my status bar informed me that I was transferring data from "TWADSERVICES.CO.UK" how appropriate I thought as I closed the page.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

Not likely thought Cam is it lol [;)]

[/quote]

I think you will have to ask your local media that.[;)]

The Lincolnshire Echo have had to issue what amounts to an explanation for calling Kettering Town "bank-rolled bruisers."

Personally I thought bank-rolled was a bit harsh.[:|]

[quote user="Smudger"]

I am considering getting another shareholder to get me in by proxy or whatever they call it this evening ALEX.... [;)]

PS... Don''t forget everybody, each time Delia is asked a question or is speaking... JUST WAVE A TEN POUND NOTE IN THE AIR AT HER

[/quote]

I don''t think you''d have a problem getting in Smudger, no-one asked me who I was last year and no-one asked to see my share certificates.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

I think you should go. I would like to see your views aired properly and out aloud and to see how the board react to it. I don''t think that it will be an all out war against the board on the night, but I reckon that it will be a lot more uncomfortable than they hope.

Out curosity, if you had one question to ask the voard, what would that be and you can''t resort to slagging off

[/quote]

I know a few questions that are going to be asked by other people already... looking for answers to certain things certain people have said.

I do not want any answers from them, but would simply like to tell them that they have all but destroyed the soul of this football club and that I think it is in theirs and the clubs best interests for them to step down/find a buyer as soon as possible.

I would not be looking for any answers to that comment, because it is not a question, it is a statement.

The reason I would not ask them a question is because I do not believe a word that comes out of their mouths any more and haven''t done for quite some time now.

Smudger, we must be at different ends of the supporter spectrum - I go to support Norwich and hope they win. Unless you''ve only followed Norwich since the Walker days I''m not sure what you are comparing this current Norwich set up agaisnt.

Anyway enough of the AGM - I''m more concerned with a certain game coming up agaisnt that lot from down the road and how much it means to beat them - we need every one to be together and roar the Pride of Anglia on.

[quote user="mozzer"]

Smudger, we must be at different ends of the supporter spectrum - I go to support Norwich and hope they win. Unless you''ve only followed Norwich since the Walker days I''m not sure what you are comparing this current Norwich set up agaisnt.

Anyway enough of the AGM - I''m more concerned with a certain game coming up agaisnt that lot from down the road and how much it means to beat them - we need every one to be together and roar the Pride of Anglia on.

[/quote]

Eh try again... Jon Bond/Ken Brown days.

As for the Ipswich game, it means little if we finish below them yet again at the wrong end of the table does it???

[quote user="mozzer"]

[/quote]

Err...pride of anglia? Don''t make me laugh. What a pointless title that means nothing when we will finish below them anyway - and I don''t see us sitting a point off the playoff.

Yes I desperately want us to beat them, but it will mean little.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

You know how it is these days.... you can''t say this, you can''t say that.

Look at the way the national press have behaved with the rag that was thrown to them by the Russell Bran/Jonathan Ross shennanigans.

Talk about pathetic... Mauel forgives, while his Grandaughter (or whatever she was)... sees the opportunity to make a quick buck and is straight back in the country to demand that Brand and Wossy are sacked, while she pimps herself as a talentless bimbo to sell a few story''s and attempt to get a new celebrity boyfriend.

Yawn, yawn... thick English Liberal middle class snobbery falls for it hook line and stinker.

[/quote]

Indeed.  That''s the joy of this business. You just make what you can of what people do.  Different stories sent to different places.

Makes the world go round, or ours anyway.[:P]

Re: THE MAN - AGM had better not be yet another damp squib

Reply Quote

mozzer wrote:

Eh try again... Jon Bond/Ken Brown days.

As for the Ipswich game, it means little if we finish below them yet again at the wrong end of the table does it???

It all went wrong when Kevin Reeves left.......

Mozzer can I ask you if you are truly happy with the way the club is?, if not why dont you ask some searching questions to the board instead of criticising people who are trying to be pro-active in moving the club forward!?!

Yeah of course we want to beat Ipswich but their are more pressing issues at the mo me thinks!!!.

Got to say short sighted as per Deals stratergies and 3 year plans perhaps you are not the supporter you make out???????

SIT DOWN SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza - so going to the game and not supporting the team is pro-active?

Smudger - "What sing my heart out for the current crock of plop???

You are having a laugh aren''t you??? "

Easy to support a team when they''re doing well. Of course I''m not happy that we are not top of the Premiership and playing in Europe every season - but do you know what? I don''t stop supporting them, actually come to think of it I support them more.

Personally I think it''s time for a change, and I know new investors are being sought and discussions are taking place so how does spouting personal insults at Delia Smith (like some have) encourage someone else to take over her position or move this club forward?

Not sure I follow your last point about deals stratergies and 3 year plans.

[quote user="mozzer"]

Easy to support a team when they''re doing well. Of course I''m not happy that we are not top of the Premiership and playing in Europe every season - but do you know what? I don''t stop supporting them, actually come to think of it I support them more.

Personally I think it''s time for a change, and I know new investors are being sought and discussions are taking place so how does spouting personal insults at Delia Smith (like some have) encourage someone else to take over her position or move this club forward?

[/quote]

Just because he is critical of the club in its current state does not mean he is not a supporter, he is fed up with what is being served up on the pitch on a saturday for far too long now and come on how many people do sing there heart out in the ground??? because I certainly cant hear them!!!

As regards "the current crock of plop?" again fair enough point is this not the worse Norwich City isde league wise in the last twenty five years plus on league standings?????

On the Delia receiving insults, I ain''t hearing many although insults/criticisms will put more pressure on her to move on(as i believe most supporters want)-although if this was in any other area of the country eg: London/Midlands/Nort East/North West she would certainly know what insults are!. If she receives insults I am afraid thats what goes with the territory of running a failing football club and she has brought it on herself to a certain degree with her lack of communication/dubious statement to the the fans. Do you not think??? 

[quote user="mozzer"]

[/quote]

The 3 year plan/stratergies quote was aimed at the fact you quoted enough of the AGM, that you were more concerned with beating Ipswich-far more important issues I am thinking....

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="mozzer"]

[/quote]

Just because he is critical of the club in its current state does not mean he is not a supporter, he is fed up with what is being served up on the pitch on a saturday for far too long now and come on how many people do sing there heart out in the ground??? because I certainly cant hear them!!!

As regards "the current crock of plop?" again fair enough point is this not the worse Norwich City isde league wise in the last twenty five years plus on league standings?????

On the Delia receiving insults, I ain''t hearing many although insults/criticisms will put more pressure on her to move on(as i believe most supporters want)-although if this was in any other area of the country eg: London/Midlands/Nort East/North West she would certainly know what insults are!. If she receives insults I am afraid thats what goes with the territory of running a failing football club and she has brought it on herself to a certain degree with her lack of communication/dubious statement to the the fans. Do you not think??? 

[/quote]

fantastic posts Gazza, and Mozzer what an apologist for the current pathetic state of our club you really are. I sat through today''s game and just felt...nothing. Couldn''t get any enthusiasm going, neither could those around me. There is no soul in our football club at the moment, just a a group of so called professional footballers cobbled together wherever we could get em on the cheap. I would never have dreeamed the club could have fallen so far in 15 years, and the Board deserve to be given hell at the AGM for it.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="mozzer"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

fantastic posts Gazza, and Mozzer what an apologist for the current pathetic state of our club you really are. I sat through today''s game and just felt...nothing. Couldn''t get any enthusiasm going, neither could those around me. There is no soul in our football club at the moment, just a a group of so called professional footballers cobbled together wherever we could get em on the cheap. I would never have dreeamed the club could have fallen so far in 15 years, and the Board deserve to be given hell at the AGM for it.

[/quote]

funny how hes dissappeared now and not answered the questions hey barclay boy?, perhaps its past his bedtime!

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="mozzer"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

funny how hes dissappeared now and not answered the questions hey barclay boy?, perhaps its past his bedtime!

[quote user="Heffers Canary"]so.......... what did happen re: the land deal?[/quote]

Does anyone know?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Heffers Canary"]so.......... what did happen re: the land deal?[/quote]

Does anyone know?

[/quote]

Why not ask the board on Tuesday.

I''ll be there.