Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

THE MAN - AGM had better not be yet another damp squib

The man in the Stands says

''''But let''s face it, if we don''t ask some searching questions this year - and at least try to get some straight answers from the organ grinders - we never will.

Just to recap: the £6m land deal has fallen through, the Turners have left, marketing genius Andy Cullen has gone, Carl Moore is having to fund our latest loan signing from a fellow Championship club, and we have EIGHT loan players in total.''''

I didn''t realise that the land deal had fell through or am I having a blonde moment?

[quote user="cityangel"]

''''But let''s face it, if we don''t ask some searching questions this year - and at least try to get some straight answers from the organ grinders - we never will.

Just to recap: the £6m land deal has fallen through, the Turners have left, marketing genius Andy Cullen has gone, Carl Moore is having to fund our latest loan signing from a fellow Championship club, and we have EIGHT loan players in total.''''

I didn''t realise that the land deal had fell through or am I having a blonde moment?

[/quote]

What an awful awful mess our beloved club is in at the moment.

I really hope that at least some of the shareholders have enough spine to ask some hard questions, and that they won''t be shut up by those besotted by Delia and the rest of the board.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

What an awful awful mess our beloved club is in at the moment.

I really hope that at least some of the shareholders have enough spine to ask some hard questions, and that they won''t be shut up by those besotted by Delia and the rest of the board.

[/quote]

Sadly we know they will be, and the Man''s concern that the board supporters who start the night off are handpicked may not be far wrong - by doing so, this (for some bloody reason, mind you) makes others think twice before voicing their opinions and giving the board hell.

But hey - who knows? Maybe this year will be different...

I''m sure that us shareholders will attempt to ask the questions that need asking but its not always as easy as it sounds. They always go to people who have their hands up who they know first because they know these people are pro board and will waste time. Also last year when Keith Roads challenged Delia several old timers shouted him down and told him to shut up.

I know that several of us from the meeting the other night will do our best and thats all we can promise to do.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]But hey - who knows? Maybe this year will be different...[/quote] I doubt that![:@][/quote]

Too right. It will be the same old sh*t.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''m sure that us shareholders will attempt to ask the questions that need asking but its not always as easy as it sounds. They always go to people who have their hands up who they know first because they know these people are pro board and will waste time. Also last year when Keith Roads challenged Delia several old timers shouted him down and told him to shut up.

I know that several of us from the meeting the other night will do our best and thats all we can promise to do.

[/quote]

In that case they need some people prepared to question the board to club together and not be allowed to get shouted down. Anyone on here with some balls going to the meeting?

Just curious, what did the saddo sssh-ies say to KR to shout him down?

Like i''ve said before the more they tried to shout me down the louder I would get.  I have been to a few heated meetings when I have been told to sit down, I just stand my ground.

After all if they throw me out it''s bad press for them, throwing a fan out for asking ''hard'' questions.

Why don''t all those going who want to be heard sit together and all stand up at the same time?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Then just hold your hand in the air for a good half hour or hour or more until they come to you CA... just as I did at Diss last year when a certain Mr Wynn Jones was hiding from me the spineless twonk!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Then just hold your hand in the air for a good half hour or hour or more until they come to you CA... just as I did at Diss last year when a certain Mr Wynn Jones was hiding from me the spineless twonk!!!

[/quote]

If you do that then they will have no choice but to give you a few seconds on the microphone eventually CA... [;)]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

In that case they need some people prepared to question the board to club together and not be allowed to get shouted down. Anyone on here with some balls going to the meeting?

Just curious, what did the saddo sssh-ies say to KR to shout him down?

[/quote]

I am considering getting another shareholder to get me in by proxy or whatever they call it this evening ALEX.... [;)]

PS... Don''t forget everybody, each time Delia is asked a question or is speaking... JUST WAVE A TEN POUND NOTE IN THE AIR AT HER

Why don''t all the shareholders on this board who want to ask the searching questions put their usernames on a seperate thread. Once you know who else is going start pm''ing each other and arrange to meet outside the AGM and sit in groups during the meeting. The AGM''s are run in a classic divide and rule manner, it would be a lot easier for somebody to ask the unaskable if they know they have a bit of support on hand.  Bullying is of course another term for the way people like Mr Roads are treated, bullys tend to go for people on their own not those in a group.

[quote user="Roedy Cant Fail"]
Why don''t all the shareholders on this board who want to ask the searching questions put their usernames on a seperate thread. Once you know who else is going start pm''ing each other and arrange to meet outside the AGM and sit in groups during the meeting. The AGM''s are run in a classic divide and rule manner, it would be a lot easier for somebody to ask the unaskable if they know they have a bit of support on hand.
 Bullying is of course another term for the way people like Mr Roads are treated, bullys tend to go for people on their own not those in a group.

[/quote]

This would be fantastic. I wonder if it would work though?

I am pretty certain the club have plants on these evenings. They would probably dot them around. The people who are against the board need to completely ignore any "shut up" comments leveled at them and just carry on regardless. No doubt Delia would have Doncaster eject them from the meeting though...

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Roedy Cant Fail"]
Why don''t all the shareholders on this board who want to ask the searching questions put their usernames on a seperate thread. Once you know who else is going start pm''ing each other and arrange to meet outside the AGM and sit in groups during the meeting. The AGM''s are run in a classic divide and rule manner, it would be a lot easier for somebody to ask the unaskable if they know they have a bit of support on hand.
 Bullying is of course another term for the way people like Mr Roads are treated, bullys tend to go for people on their own not those in a group.

[/quote]

This would be fantastic. I wonder if it would work though?

I am pretty certain the club have plants on these evenings. They would probably dot them around. The people who are against the board need to completely ignore any "shut up" comments leveled at them and just carry on regardless. No doubt Delia would have Doncaster eject them from the meeting though...

[/quote]

Why don''t those who want the board to move on start telling those in favour to SIT DOWN, SHUT UP!!!

How many times have we heard it from them over the years???

Why should their views be listened to with any respect?

If people want the AGM to be a stormy one, then maybe it is about time that the Delia Bum Licking Bafoons are treated with the contempt they readily dish out so easily to others???

Smudger,I actually agree 100% on your last comment, they act like we are hooligans and they are all righteous, when they are the ones acting like them!

I''m a shareholder and will be there Tuesday. Those who have posted the idea that we all gather together stand up and shout others down - you call the board bullies???

Would it not be better to ask intelligent well thought out questions (ie what was Cullum''s offer, if there was one) - radical suggestion I know........

[quote user="mozzer"]

I''m a shareholder and will be there Tuesday. Those who have posted the idea that we all gather together stand up and shout others down - you call the board bullies???

Would it not be better to ask intelligent well thought out questions (ie what was Cullum''s offer, if there was one) - radical suggestion I know........

[/quote]

lol ok, that''s been tried before and the board supporters soon shut them up.

People have intelligent questions to ask, and I am sure they will be asked calmly, but why should the board supporters be allowed to shut up fans who have questions to ask which might be hard for the board to answer, or make them feel awkward?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="mozzer"]

[/quote]

People have intelligent questions to ask, and I am sure they will be asked calmly, but why should the board supporters be allowed to shut up fans who have questions to ask which might be hard for the board to answer, or make them feel awkward?

[/quote]

Agreed, WAY49, if their voice can be heard then so should ours.

[quote user="mozzer"]

[/quote]

NO... it would be far better to fight fire with fire and give you the stormy affair that your confrontational behaviour over the years deserves you self righteous twerp.... now sit down in your seat and shut up please!!!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="mozzer"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed, WAY49, if their voice can be heard then so should ours.

[/quote]

Agreed you two guys... the only way is to fight fire with fire... if board supporters want to tell those against to sit down and shut up, then surely it is about time that they received the same response when they try to speak???

So they best be quiet hadn''t they????

Because I am damn sure that fans squabbling with each other at the AGM will not look good in the press the morning after for their darling queen.

Alex/WAY49,

I''ve been to few AGM''s now and can say that so far I can honestly say - everyone seems to get a fair chance to have their say. Plus the board, manager and who ever else is there hang around afterwards to chat with the fans openly.

[quote user="mozzer"]

Alex/WAY49,

I''ve been to few AGM''s now and can say that so far I can honestly say - everyone seems to get a fair chance to have their say. Plus the board, manager and who ever else is there hang around afterwards to chat with the fans openly.

[/quote]

Yes, after the self righteous have quietened the rowdy few trouble makers you mean???

Well I have a mate who goes each year and he says those who show the slightest hint of saying something that might make the board shift uneasily on their seats are told to shut up and sit down by the same few shareholders.

I have also heard that it seems the same old people every time who are allowed by the Chairperson of the meeting to have more than their fair share of air time, and that IMHO is wrong.  Each person that wishes to speak should be allowed to, and each person should be given an alloted time (up to 5 mins) to express their feelings or ask questions.

I have chaired and been secretary at lots of AGM''s for an RAF association and we would not put up with anyone telling people to be quiet, sit down, or shut up.

It''s a great pity that I''m not a shareholder, and that we only paid a small fortune to buy bricks and not shares. 

Ah Smudger the great Norwich "supporter"

You won''t be there at the AGM will you, or at a game will you - and yet you call actually supporters "self righteous". You want to change the club by staying in your bedroom telling other what to do.

PS... that is so big of the board members...

I have no wish to chat to Munby about Hull City and Geovanni or Delia about Cooking and her latest holidays.

All I want to know is are they going to spend some serious money and give us a team to be proud of (by January at the latest), or when are they going to F-off and allow the Norfolk public and whoever has come in to take the reigns rebuild the shambles which they have left behind.