Sign in to follow this  
BRAVEHEART

NORWICH DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FULL BACKS

It has come to my attention just as I was looking at the Norwich City squad on paper. A very weak area for Norwich is our full backs we only have 2 right backs, and 2 left backs. At Left back we only have Drury and Bertrand (on loan from Chelsea). When Bertrand goes back Norwich will be in big trouble because we will only have 1 Left Back. The number of Right Backs is a worry as well we only have Otsemobor, and Omozusi (on loan from Fulham). I think we need about 6 full backs in total. 3 more Left Backs and 3 more Right Backs.Where the money will come from to buy these players I don''t know? But its definitely a huge problem for Norwich.

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]It has come to my attention just as I was looking at the Norwich City squad on paper. A very weak area for Norwich is our full backs we only have 2 right backs, and 2 left backs. At Left back we only have Drury and Bertrand (on loan from Chelsea). When Bertrand goes back Norwich will be in big trouble because we will only have 1 Left Back. The number of Right Backs is a worry as well we only have Otsemobor, and Omozusi (on loan from Fulham). I think we need about 6 full backs in total. 3 more Left Backs and 3 more Right Backs.Where the money will come from to buy these players I don''t know? But its definitely a huge problem for Norwich.[/quote]I dont think we need 3 left backs or 3 right backs, does any team need 6 full backs? I think 2 good players for each position is sufficient and at the moment there is no reason to suggest that we cant keep either of those full backs.I would rather have another left winger, preferably the one that we had last year.

Sorry but I have to disagree. But 2 full backs for both our Left Back and Right Back position IS NOT ENOUGH COVER. What happens if both full backs get injured, or all our full backs get injured who will replace them? The answer is we don''t have any replacements who our out-and-out full backs we would be forced to play players out of position. I think too have decent cover in all positions you need 4 players, maybe 5.

Archibald-Henville can play Right Back - not that we need more than 2 for each position. based on your 4 or 5 per position, we would have a squad of about 50. name me any champ team who have 25 or more players in their squad. utterly stupid post, surely you must know absolutely nothing about football.

Ha ha, what if the entire first 11 gets injured! what are we gonna do then Braveheart!What if Roeder gets injured? what if i get injured? theyll be one less season ticket holder at todays game! i think we need at least 20,000 other season ticket holders as cover.

This has to be a Joke post!!

2 players for each side is more than enough, especially as it is the easiest position to play on the pitch, and centre half right/left midfielder can fit in at full back.

If only they''d had cover for good old William Wallace, we''d all be eating haggis and tossing cabers.And who provided cover for Mel Gibson in case he fell off his horse?

you dont need 6 full-backs, how many teams have 6?2 for each side is enough, and Betrand will probably get to stay for at least the rest of the season, we will probley buy him, depending on the price as well,and Omozusi i dont really care

You say what happens if the first 11 gets injured. Well that depends on which position you are talking about. But you are being very stupid. You need to have a plan A and a plan B. The plan B is to have replacements ready to step in and do a job and clearly don''t have enough cover in that area. But you are clueless and wouldn''t know what to do should the worst came to the worst and you would look very stupid.What if you were the manager and this happened how would you deal with it? The answer is you couldn''t all of you who have replied are very stupid and couldn''t manage a team. And what the hell do season ticket holders have to do with the Norwich City squad? nothing.  Are you a player? no I don''t think so, why bring yourself into it?

[quote]Oh my god this is the worst post i have ever read.[/quote]Ditto.Oh and let''s not forget that Mr Lappin is still here.

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]You say what happens if the first 11 gets injured. Well that depends on which position you are talking about. But you are being very stupid. You need to have a plan A and a plan B. The plan B is to have replacements ready to step in and do a job and clearly don''t have enough cover in that area. But you are clueless and wouldn''t know what to do should the worst came to the worst and you would look very stupid.What if you were the manager and this happened how would you deal with it? The answer is you couldn''t all of you who have replied are very stupid and couldn''t manage a team. And what the hell do season ticket holders have to do with the Norwich City squad? nothing.  Are you a player? no I don''t think so, why bring yourself into it?[/quote]Oh my god please shut up.

Yeah but what if he gets injured? This is what people don''t think about you just don''t know what could happen in football. Especially with Norwich City being as inconsistent as they are. When I said 6 full backs I clearly stated in my post 3 more left backs and 3 right backs. This would then bring us to 4 left backs and 4 right backs. And like I said before where is the money going to come from for this money to buy Bertrand and other players. I have said before in a post that Roeder needs money to bring in the quality as he clearly is capable of bringing in quality. The other things to think about if you don''t have the money are team spirit, togetherness.

There is a bit of validity to this post as Omozusi is pathetic and when Semmy is injured there appears to be no other right back at the club, youth or otherwise and its almost as if were forced to play Omozusi as there is nobody else.Thank god the buffoon is injured today and Semmy should be back.

braveheart name one other team in the championship that has 4 left backs or right backs it makes you point just look stupid

2 is fine we have 2 gk''s atm rudd aint gonna play this season to young as we know we have 4 cb''s because thats a far more important area plus these players are versetile Stefanoic can play left back if need be it already been said henville can play in rb

if we had 8 fullbacks dont you think there would be any unrest so 4-6 will be perfectly happy not to warm the bench and play in the reserves and wait til others get injured

we havent got the money to splash out on a squad of 40+ we have 32 roughly as it is and a lot of them arent ours or are youth players who havent had any experience yet

i find this post a pointless joke the only teams who have 4 fullbacks are people who cant stop spending on championship manager/footy manager and arsenal man utd chelsea simply because they have the money and their youth is in a different class to ours lets be honest are youth academy is only good for gk''s atm

4 fullbacks is perfectly fine 8 is stupid and wont help us at all

We''d need a squad of 44 players to cover every position 4 times, even premier league teams dont cover to this extent. Our wage bill is high enough already without crack pot ideas like this. Still maybe it was a joke post and I''ve just lost my sense of humour.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I liked it anyway Braveheart - made me laugh even if it looks like I was the only one. There are some gullible people on here.[/quote]

Idiot

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]Yeah but what if he gets injured? This is what people don''t think about you just don''t know what could happen in football. Especially with Norwich City being as inconsistent as they are. When I said 6 full backs I clearly stated in my post 3 more left backs and 3 right backs. This would then bring us to 4 left backs and 4 right backs. And like I said before where is the money going to come from for this money to buy Bertrand and other players. I have said before in a post that Roeder needs money to bring in the quality as he clearly is capable of bringing in quality.

The other things to think about if you don''t have the money are team spirit, togetherness.

[/quote]

this isnt the NFL where you have a 60 man squad for every game... you need 4 full backs.. 2 right and 2 left.. its extremely unlikely they will all get injured. if they do then you can loan one for a month... getting 6 full backs will just lead to some of them being paid money for doing sod all! which the club cannot afford to do....

jas :)

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]Yeah but what if he gets injured? This is what people don''t think about you just don''t know what could happen in football. Especially with Norwich City being as inconsistent as they are. When I said 6 full backs I clearly stated in my post 3 more left backs and 3 right backs. This would then bring us to 4 left backs and 4 right backs. And like I said before where is the money going to come from for this money to buy Bertrand and other players. I have said before in a post that Roeder needs money to bring in the quality as he clearly is capable of bringing in quality. The other things to think about if you don''t have the money are team spirit, togetherness. [/quote]Let''s try remedial maths shall we - we have TWO right backs, and TWO left backs - if you add THREE MORE on each side, that is five of each. Moron.

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]You say what happens if the first 11 gets injured. Well that depends on which position you are talking about. But you are being very stupid. You need to have a plan A and a plan B. The plan B is to have replacements ready to step in and do a job and clearly don''t have enough cover in that area. But you are clueless and wouldn''t know what to do should the worst came to the worst and you would look very stupid.What if you were the manager and this happened how would you deal with it? The answer is you couldn''t all of you who have replied are very stupid and couldn''t manage a team. And what the hell do season ticket holders have to do with the Norwich City squad? nothing.  Are you a player? no I don''t think so, why bring yourself into it?[/quote]You are clearly deluded and understand nothing about football, this is really quite funny. Ok, what what would I do if Bertrand gets injured? I would send him back to Chelsea and get another left back on loan, end of. The average wage of championship footballers is 5k, this club cannot afford to spend £1.5million a year on 6 full backs if only two of them can play each game. What would I do if Drury, Bertrand, Omnuszu and Otsemober all got injured at exactly the same time?  I would play Simon Lappin at left back, who has played well there before, and Daryl Russell at right back who has played there before.  I would also bet my house that this would never happen. If you had said "Im worried about the standard of our back up goalkeeper" this would have at least made a little bit of sense, or "We need to sign a target man in January" this would have made sense, or "We shouldnt have sold Shackell as we could do with him in the squad"

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]It has come to my attention just as I was looking at the Norwich City squad on paper. A very weak area for Norwich is our full backs we only have 2 right backs, and 2 left backs. At Left back we only have Drury and Bertrand (on loan from Chelsea). When Bertrand goes back Norwich will be in big trouble because we will only have 1 Left Back. The number of Right Backs is a worry as well we only have Otsemobor, and Omozusi (on loan from Fulham). I think we need about 6 full backs in total. 3 more Left Backs and 3 more Right Backs.

Where the money will come from to buy these players I don''t know? But its definitely a huge problem for Norwich.
[/quote]

Lol - made me smile as did the replies. Deos anyone here get sarcasm?

You only need to look back as far as season 2005/06, where we accumulated a wealth of right backs in a vintage season of right-sided defenders.

Jurgen Colin, Mattie Louie Jean, David Wright with Captain Cave Brown, and even Flem who I played right back in the "V" sign game when we beat Sheffield United. That''s the sort of number we need in the squad.

2 players for both left back and rightback positions and I''m sure that ihn the event of an injury crisis one of our centrebacks or Russell could play at Right back and maybe Bell or Pattison could play left back.

In reality we have got sufficient cover in these positions!

[quote user="BRAVEHEART"]It has come to my attention just as I was looking at the Norwich City squad on paper. A very weak area for Norwich is our full backs we only have 2 right backs, and 2 left backs. At Left back we only have Drury and Bertrand (on loan from Chelsea). When Bertrand goes back Norwich will be in big trouble because we will only have 1 Left Back. The number of Right Backs is a worry as well we only have Otsemobor, and Omozusi (on loan from Fulham). I think we need about 6 full backs in total. 3 more Left Backs and 3 more Right Backs.Where the money will come from to buy these players I don''t know? But its definitely a huge problem for Norwich.[/quote]

I think it''s called a youth set-up!I do believe we have full backs there? Do we not.left backs we have; Bertrand, Drury, Lappin.Right backs we have Otsemobor, Omozusi. << I''m guessing there is a youth/reserve player for this position too.

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="BRAVEHEART"]It has come to my attention just as I was looking at the Norwich City squad on paper. A very weak area for Norwich is our full backs we only have 2 right backs, and 2 left backs. At Left back we only have Drury and Bertrand (on loan from Chelsea). When Bertrand goes back Norwich will be in big trouble because we will only have 1 Left Back. The number of Right Backs is a worry as well we only have Otsemobor, and Omozusi (on loan from Fulham). I think we need about 6 full backs in total. 3 more Left Backs and 3 more Right Backs.Where the money will come from to buy these players I don''t know? But its definitely a huge problem for Norwich.[/quote]

I think it''s called a youth set-up!I do believe we have full backs there? Do we not.left backs we have; Bertrand, Drury, Lappin.Right backs we have Otsemobor, Omozusi. << I''m guessing there is a youth/reserve player for this position too.[/quote]Full backs (along with goalkeeper) are probably where our academy is strongest and most promising. Both David Cooper (LB) and Sam Habergham (RB) should be big players for the future. Although it would be a little early for a call up, if we were as unfortunate as to lose Otsemobor, Bertrand, Drury, Omozusi, Lappin, Pattison, Russell, and Archibald-Henville all to injury, those two would be as capable of covering weak positions as Martin, Renton or Spillane were during the days of Grant at least.I''m a little bit shocked that someone would say that the full back positions were the ones that lacked depth in our squad. I can only assume that this person is not familiar with our players, cos this thread could not be further from the truth...

what happens if 2 goalkeepers get injured; what if youve made 3 subs and someone gets injured; what if all your strikers misfire; what if your your only two physios get tapped up and leave together; what if...in these inlikely occurences, deal with it....do you need 6 full backs....hahahaha NO!