Sign in to follow this  
blacko

The moaners have started

Sing up the moaners. If we had made as much noise supporting the team on Saturday as people seem intent on doing moaning, we really would have a Fortress Carrow Road, with an intimidating atmosphere for the opposition.

We drew 1-1, OK we would rather have won and I for one said on this board last week that, if we ever needed 3 points here was a game that we had to win. Because of the 3 games coming up.

We did not win, but it was not for the want of trying. Palace are there on merit, as we are and the league is over 38 games. Otherwise we would stay up and the 3 at the bottom would be down already.

Imagine how it feels to be a fan of these teams:

Southampton. Manager already pipped as first casualty of the season before a ball is kicked. They lost 2-0.
Everton. Huge problems in the club and no money, lots of peoples tips for relegation. Lose 4-1 at home to Arsenal.
Charlton. A team that has developed and would expect to be on the fringe of European places. Lost 4-1 at Bolton.
Portsmouth. Another team expected to be close to the relegation places. Drew 1-1 at home to Birmingham.

Keep your chin up, keep the faith and remember we can directly influence the performance on the pitch. Remember Svenssons reaction when he scored in front of the Barclay last year. He wasn''t being supported and he knew it. But look what he went on to do.

Not all the team will please all the fans all the time, but we can support them all the time. So lets do it!

Excellent post blacko - I completely agree. I can''t quite understand why some people write Palace off in the same breath as saying we''re going to survive. Surely there''s very little between the teams. Sure, they only came 6th last season, but we all know it was because they had such a slow start, they were every bit as good a 1st Div team as we were. Both of us have bough a few new players over the summer. Both teams started with their new players on Saturday and then gradually subbed them off in the second half! For me, we''re very similar sized clubs, with some talent and some hard work, with similar prospects. We''ll beat so-called ''bigger'' teams than them this year at some point, that''s why the league table is hard to predict at the outset!

Imagine how it feels to be a fan of Ipswich!

Having watched two of the so-called super clubs perform yesterday afternoon, I know who I would rather be watching thru my green and yellow specs!! but we must not forget football is all about opinions and we are all entitled to say what we believe about games and individuals. It does not mean that we are not respectful of the team we choose to support - a lot of the criticism come as a result of disappointment and is not always justified.

OTBC

To be fair I dont think there has been that much moaning - just a realisation that the league will be tough and an expectation that we want the club to perform to its best week in week out.

We played well in the first half but without a doubt the team can and will perform better this season. Some discussion around how and where we can do better should always be encouraged between matches - it just must never reach the terraces when full on vocal support is required for the full 95 mins...

KICK IT OFF

The number of comments on different threads about what wasn''t quite right (to put it politely) on Saturday just reinforces what I said on another thread, i.e. that there was a huge weight of expectation regarding the outcome of this match. In my opinion it was always going to be very tough and extremely competitive as both sides were desperate not to lose, first and foremost. That said, as Champions and as home side I do think the pressure was more on us than on them as we would have been expected to have edged a win. Still, with that weight of expectation completely removed for the next few weeks at least I will expect there to be many more positive reflections on what we manage to get right, regardless of the results of these ''trifling'' matches!!! There will always be moaners, however. (I shall never forget one City fan, on the way out after the Watford game, offering to buy Hucks a ticket back to Manchester from whence he was never to return! I felt like punching his lights out but remembered that a lot of this is heat-of-the-moment stuff). I suppose there is a fine line between sheer moaning and between constructive comment/criticism. The latter is always welcome on here as it contributes to the overall debate. Moaning ''for the sake of'' serves no real purpose though.