Sign in to follow this  
WilliamG

A little bit of maths for you all

Hi, bored last night I done a bit of maths about how our ticket sales don''t account for our wage bill. (Quote Doomcaster on radio norfolk)Say we have 23,000 fans at every game (an underestimation) and all of these fans pay £18 each. (again many pay more, but kids pay less, as an estimate its probably on the low side)23000 people x £18 = £414,000 coming through the turnstiles per game.Lets say we have 23 games in a season, to allow for one cup game.  (and ignoring friendlies, reserve football etc)£414,000 x 23 home football matches = £9,522,000 net taken at the turnstile. Is our wage bill seriously over this? If everybody employed by the club (from players to stewards and cooks) totals the better part of £10,000,000 surely the turners aim to ''remove bureaucracy'' was as flawed as their time at the club?This does not include merchandise sales, refreshment sales, programme sales, and that is just for matchdays. Where is all the money going? Can any of the delia-lovers argue with these figures? (that as i said, are probably underestimated)

You premise is falsly based.

Gate reciepts for 2007/08 were £7.754 million.

Total Staff costs were £13.58 million

I''m all for getting rid of the present encumbants but lets stick to the published facts where possible.

No i intentionally left this out - It was claimed that the turnstiles do not cover the wage billl. That is additional money - i was being kind on the board!

Since most of the seats are season tickets, shouldn''t you divide the total season ticket revenue by the number of games to get a more accurate total? I suspect this will be significantly less.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ricardo has posted the total. It''s a fact that didn''t think was in dispute?

[/quote]

Thank you Nigel, I was wondering if someone would notice.

The figures are from this years accounts by the way.

And take off 17.5% for VAT and 3% levy for the Football League and don''t forget to factor in those concession tickets too! It''s a simple game!

its not just players wages which need paying

norwich city employees on the payroll - admin, tickets, stewards you name it

police

flood lights / undersoil / electricity

[quote user="Wally"]don''t businesses have to declare theo profits, and pay tax on them? Also, there are many other costs than staff!!![/quote]

I have never met an honest business man yet, if you declare everything the taxman has a bigger chunk,

Doomcaster knows his way round the law,and how to fiddle and re-shape things to suit and In M O we have a lot more stashed away than they let on