Sign in to follow this  
rich

new strikers list

anyone any ideas. I''ll start by nominating angelos charisteas, greek target man, out of favour at weder bremen. star at euro 2004. Ill have a think of a few more, anyone with ideas.

rich:)

stern john, kevin campbell, massimo mamaccarone, shola ameobi, jonaton johansson, bobby zamora, marlon harewood, kevin kyle, ricardo fuller and dean ashton we only need 1!!!!!1

Yellow and green blood,

Are you joking with half your list???

stern john- Awful
kevin campbell- See above
massimo mamaccarone- Waste of money
shola ameobi- We''d never get
bobby zamora- Awful
kevin kyle- Nothing spcial
Ricardo fuller- Sick note

I agree with Ashton, Harwood and JJ though. Any of those would be excellent

Keep the faith

Interesting to see that Crouch was only on the bench for Southampton , should have got him here to play with Hucks.

I would like to see another striker come in as competition for Svennson but I also think that maybe we should give our players a chance. We have a couple of players who don''t play up front who can ie Bentley, McVeigh. Lets not write off the players we have already. Lets not forget, Svensson scored some vital goals for us last year in couple of 1-0 wins. Do we really want to make our players feel they aren''t good enough or do we want to encourage them? At the end of day we have only played one game, thats still 37 more games to win 10 games!

Seems to me a lot of people have unrealistic expectations of City, at the beginning of last season most of us would have been happy for sixth place in Div 1 but we had an oppertunity and took it. At the end of the day, when NW took over it looked as though we could be heading for Div 2, now we are in the PL. I would be happy if we bought in some big-name signings but at the end of the day I am just happy we are where we are!

this may be stupid but javier saviola has been told he can go on loan for a season from barca. top top finisher

I agree Saint. I''d like to see (even) more great players at CR, who wouldn''t? But at the end of the day, great players mostly cost great fees and wages, particularly strikers. If Worthy can''t get anyone better than we already have, for the money he has, then lets go with what we''ve got. For me, players like Luke Beckett hardly seem as though they''re going to improve the squad we already have do they? At the other end of the spectrum, even Beattie is being touted for £6m, so who lies in the middle?