Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

"...people will remember what was written and who's said what. People will remember."

And now for the 2004-05 season preview.

This season I predict Someday I''ll Be Saturday Night watching NCFC on MOTD beating Liverpool. However, our Secret Dreams of being Runaway winners won''t happen, let''s face it; if we reached a UEFA spot we''d go Wild In The Streets. FCR will mean that for most opponents, Norfolk will be a Dry County, but I Fear the prem''s not going to be a Bed Of Roses. The battle for 17th place or better will be a Roulette between 6 teams, but I Believe if we''re relegated in the end, though it would be a Shot Through The Heart, we''ll still go in a Blaze of Glory. I needn''t mention that I''ll Be There For You Norwich, Always, even if we go down - I''d Die For You.

If we stay up and Delia offers up a Prayer ''94 and the Mike Walker success days could after a few seasons be revisited, but These Days false expectations would be a Bad Medicine for team and fans alike. I don''t expect Hucks to be In & Out of Love with the manager as some have claimed, but If That''s What It Takes to make best use of the strikeforce then that''s The Price Of Love.

Well, Get Ready: Raise Your Hands for the team and Let It Rock: we''ve Come Back!

PS If any of you Brummie/Pompey hoolos (it''s a Social Disease) try to Lay Your Hands On Me, I Want You to know you''re not Wanted Dead or Alive: when it comes to love for your club You Give Love A Bad Name.

Generation A47...

...Funny, man, very funny... :)

I must admit, though, that I am rather concerned at your encyclopedic knoweldge of the Bon Jovi backlog...

Did you have a blond mullet, denim jacket and snake skin cowboy boots in those pre-A47 days of the 80s?

Oi, watch it, FF! I owe (nearly!) all I know to Google''s encyclopaedic knowledge... but I do admit to owning a copy of New Jersey.

I keep it tethered off the beach at Caister (near California).

GenerationA47...

If you keep your New Jersey offshore, mate, surely there''s a danger of it getting Slippery When Wet?

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! You''ve infected me with your cheap soft-rock wit!!!! Save a Prayer for Me...

Argggggggghhhhhhhhh........

...We''re Living In Sin with these Damned crimes against humour. If I Was Your Mother I''d say Stick to Your Guns, but since I''m not...Hey God, Give Me Something For the Pain!

Bearing in mind, the title of this thread, I hope no-one remembers these Bon Jovi-inspired posts...

...I think it''s getting to me. That''s the first time I''ve ever used "Bon Jovi" and "inspired" in the same sentence...

There was a thread the other day about new chants at FCR. How about these "inspiring" lyrics from the classic, Livin'' On A Prayer?

Verse:
She says we’ve got to hold on to what we’ve got
’cause it doesn’t make a difference
If we make it or not
We’ve got each other and that’s a lot
For love - we’ll give it a shot

Chorus:
Whooah, we’re half way there
Livin’ on a prayer
Take my hand and we’ll make it - I swear
Livin'' on a prayer

Maybe they should play it as we come out of the tunnel... :)