Sign in to follow this  
ca

Who is definately going to the AGM?

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Gazza, we are as one. Board out asap but then we have felt that way since the beginning of the premier campaign and we didn''t sign a striker. Never been impressed by Delia or by the way the club was set up when she and MWJ took over. Hate the image created for our club by them - it still stinks. There.... that''s enough for starters!![/quote]

Cobblers, you should be very grateful you horrid little man and I don‘t like your West Highland Terrier either. By the way is Herlado attending with a placard this year?

“Delia Eunt Domus”

"People called Delia they go the house"?

So then lets spice the evening up even further, what odds can I get on Peter Woolsey asking the first question or indeed praising the board for doing such a fine job? Any takers? Anybody at all? No?

I wish she would go home.

[quote user="AndyJR"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="AndyJR"]I''m not, as I''m not a shareholder - just hope it does''nt descend into a Delia Smith witch hunt - keep an element of realism please.

[/quote]

So what changes do you think need to be made Andy?

[/quote]

Money. In a nutshell that''s what we need.  Just the small faction who appear to have no understanding of the situation we find ourselves in (as do many other clubs) should''nt forget that those at the helm want success as much as I do, as we do, as 25,000 people do. Personal snipes at those that have given money to the club is utterly pointless and disrespectful. Surely a moderate and realistic approach is what''s needed. 
[/quote]

Just a small correction, they haven''t given the club anything, they will get their money back have no fear of that, what they have done is loaned the club money.

So again I ask:

Its one thing going, but quite another to speak up and have a go at the sacred cow........yes, I have done that before you ask.

PS. No, I''m not a shareholder, I prefer my money in my bank account thank you.

The thing is Wiz, if it follows other years then no there won''t be too much aggro.

It really is difficult to explain why that is. For example I am use to addressing meetings etc but I have never spoken up at an AGM. The atmosphere is peculiar and you know your remarks will fall on stoney ground.

Here''s hoping tomorrow night will be different. From this thread I feel it might just well be. Then you only need one good speaker and others will follow - if the chair will allow it of course!!

OTBC

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]The thing is Wiz, if it follows other years then no there won''t be too much aggro.

It really is difficult to explain why that is. For example I am use to addressing meetings etc but I have never spoken up at an AGM. The atmosphere is peculiar and you know your remarks will fall on stoney ground.

Here''s hoping tomorrow night will be different. From this thread I feel it might just well be. Then you only need one good speaker and others will follow - if the chair will allow it of course!!

My experience exactly Bury Yellow - the atmosphere has been peculiar at AGMs I''ve attended - perhaps they pump something through the air con (the same stuff they pump through to the team before each game?), or put something in the beer to keep us quiet. The only times I have heard any seriously anti-board questions, the replies have been pretty nasty: belittling and disrespectful.

Hoping for better tomorrow.

OTBC[/quote]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]The thing is Wiz, if it follows other years then no there won''t be too much aggro. It really is difficult to explain why that is. For example I am use to addressing meetings etc but I have never spoken up at an AGM. The atmosphere is peculiar and you know your remarks will fall on stoney ground. Here''s hoping tomorrow night will be different. From this thread I feel it might just well be. Then you only need one good speaker and others will follow - if the chair will allow it of course!! OTBC[/quote]

PLEASE PLEASE someone stand up and have the balls to tell the truth,don''t let them get away with it!!! Do shareholders get tickets for the AGM to get in or do they take proof of their shares or something?

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]The thing is Wiz, if it follows other years then no there won''t be too much aggro. It really is difficult to explain why that is. For example I am use to addressing meetings etc but I have never spoken up at an AGM. The atmosphere is peculiar and you know your remarks will fall on stoney ground. Here''s hoping tomorrow night will be different. From this thread I feel it might just well be. Then you only need one good speaker and others will follow - if the chair will allow it of course!! OTBC[/quote]6 people need to get together before hand and agree to stick together, safety in numbers see, 5 people shouting ''Hear Hear'' to a question, will rattle them, trust me, it never fails!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]The thing is Wiz, if it follows other years then no there won''t be too much aggro. It really is difficult to explain why that is. For example I am use to addressing meetings etc but I have never spoken up at an AGM. The atmosphere is peculiar and you know your remarks will fall on stoney ground. Here''s hoping tomorrow night will be different. From this thread I feel it might just well be. Then you only need one good speaker and others will follow - if the chair will allow it of course!! OTBC[/quote]6 people need to get together before hand and agree to stick together, safety in numbers see, 5 people shouting ''Hear Hear'' to a question, will rattle them, trust me, it never fails![/quote]

The more that stick together the better!

[quote user="old yellow bird"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]The thing is Wiz, if it follows other years then no there won''t be too much aggro. It really is difficult to explain why that is. For example I am use to addressing meetings etc but I have never spoken up at an AGM. The atmosphere is peculiar and you know your remarks will fall on stoney ground. Here''s hoping tomorrow night will be different. From this thread I feel it might just well be. Then you only need one good speaker and others will follow - if the chair will allow it of course!! My experience exactly Bury Yellow - the atmosphere has been peculiar at AGMs I''ve attended - perhaps they pump something through the air con (the same stuff they pump through to the team before each game?), or put something in the beer to keep us quiet. The only times I have heard any seriously anti-board questions, the replies have been pretty nasty: belittling and disrespectful. Hoping for better tomorrow. OTBC[/quote][/quote]

Think it comes down to 2 things really. The first is the well publicised fact that often the first 2 or 3 speakers picked by Munby tend to take the wind out of everyone''s sails through making long winded speeches largely praising the board. the second is that when you actually meet D&M and speak to them face to face it becomes very difficult to actually turn round and be harsh to them. many is the time i have headed to the AGM (or some other forum) intent on being crictical only to find myself for some reason holding back. Last year Peter Grant taking 15 minutes to answer every question he was asked did not help either!Tomorrow night will be interesting though as even the usual suspects will struggle to come up with any rousing points and i get the impression there is a determination amongst many to get a few things out in the open.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]The thing is Wiz, if it follows other years then no there won''t be too much aggro. It really is difficult to explain why that is. For example I am use to addressing meetings etc but I have never spoken up at an AGM. The atmosphere is peculiar and you know your remarks will fall on stoney ground. Here''s hoping tomorrow night will be different. From this thread I feel it might just well be. Then you only need one good speaker and others will follow - if the chair will allow it of course!! OTBC[/quote]

PLEASE PLEASE someone stand up and have the balls to tell the truth,don''t let them get away with it!!! Do shareholders get tickets for the AGM to get in or do they take proof of their shares or something?

[/quote]

What question would you ask if you were going Phat

If there are several people going who post on here and the general consensus on the message board is that change is needed at the top, then why don''t we work together over the next twenty four hours and prepare some searching and well worded questions [:^)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="PhatCanary"]

[/quote]

What question would you ask if you were going Phat

[/quote]

Funny i was just thinking that! So much needs answering but my main gripe is that Delia told porky pies during the new kit unveil, "investment was coming" and all that, WHY Peter Grant? Where the cash from player sales has gone,how can we be so poor...etc,etc just so much needs to be answered not sure what i would ask first.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Think it comes down to 2 things really. The first is the well publicised fact that often the first 2 or 3 speakers picked by Munby tend to take the wind out of everyone''s sails through making long winded speeches largely praising the board. the second is that when you actually meet D&M and speak to them face to face it becomes very difficult to actually turn round and be harsh to them. many is the time i have headed to the AGM (or some other forum) intent on being crictical only to find myself for some reason holding back. Last year Peter Grant taking 15 minutes to answer every question he was asked did not help either!Tomorrow night will be interesting though as even the usual suspects will struggle to come up with any rousing points and i get the impression there is a determination amongst many to get a few things out in the open.

[/quote]

Without wishing to sound like a complete pedant Grant had already departed at the last AGM and we were treated to Jim Duffy if my memory serves me correctly, none the less it is still rather telling. 

Last year the atmosphere was rather subdued given the perilous state the club was in, due mostly I suspect to the majority of the assembled clinging on to the hope that we were about to appoint a decent manager.  Enough said on that one. 

None the less the principles of crowd control and how to manipulate and audience at a potentially rowdy AGM are well rehearsed.  Let us cast our minds back to last the last AGM when a chap (I whole heartedly apologise at this point as I can not for the life of me remember his surname) called Keith, he uses a wheelchair, was roundly harangued for criticising Smith & Co.  

It was a classic demonstration of them, her and the pig headed arrogance that we have to suffer and entirely symptomatic of why we are where we are, they are too god damn arrogant to admit they could ever get anything wrong and that is not a healthy thing at all 

That said all credit to Keith,  he really didn’t back down and made his pint politely and fairly and came out of with far more credibility than ‘her’ so lets hope Keith is at the meeting and gets stuck in once again, he will have us Bury Yellows right behind him.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]If there are several people going who post on here and the general consensus on the message board is that change is needed at the top, then why don''t we work together over the next twenty four hours and prepare some searching and well worded questions [:^)][/quote]

Good idea IMHO. [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]If there are several people going who post on here and the general consensus on the message board is that change is needed at the top, then why don''t we work together over the next twenty four hours and prepare some searching and well worded questions [:^)][/quote]

[/quote]Agreed 49'' a cracking idea from Shack Attack, lets hope the PM''s are going crazy as I type this.[Y]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Agreed 49'' a cracking idea from Shack Attack, lets hope the PM''s are going crazy as I type this.[Y][/quote]

Well go on then, start us off ... What would you like answered?

You need a list of the people going and a couple of people that you know will be willing to speak up, and then get the idea''s to them. I doubt any of them will be asked unless you go yourself though.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Agreed 49'' a cracking idea from Shack Attack, lets hope the PM''s are going crazy as I type this.[Y][/quote]

You need a list of the people going and a couple of people that you know will be willing to speak up, and then get the idea''s to them. I doubt any of them will be asked unless you go yourself though.

[/quote]As I said, I''m not a shareholder, but the only question on my lips would be is: When are you and your husband leaving?

Bury, in answer to your question, it was Keith Roads, who I have known for years (he used to be on the NCISA committee in the old days). He was v brave last year and as you said, stood firm and kept the question going.

I am going this year (with my pitiful handful of shares) and I will be asking a question if I get the chance. I will be shaking (trying to remain polite) like a leaf I can tell you, but I will try.

As far as I know, several people on here are going and are prepared to ask questions. We will see what happens tomorrow night!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]As I said, I''m not a shareholder, but the only question on my lips would be is: When are you and your husband leaving?[/quote]

hahaha brillian WIz... so nice to see that somebody else is on my wavelength on this one...

Surely this is the only question which needs answering??? [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]As I said, I''m not a shareholder, but the only question on my lips would be is: When are you and your husband leaving?[/quote]

hahaha brillian WIz... so nice to see that somebody else is on my wavelength on this one...

Surely this is the only question which needs answering??? [;)]

[/quote]

and I''m guessing her answer will be ''''when someone makes us an acceptable offer''''

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Just a small correction, they haven''t given the club anything, they will get their money back have no fear of that, what they have done is loaned the club money.

[/quote]A small correction to your correction - there''s no guarantee at all that she''ll get back what she''s invested, particularly in the current circumstances, in football and generally.