Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

where it could all go right for roedy...

similar to when we lost away to arsenal in the prem, resulting in worthy changing the team around - and we went on a good run of form that nearly saved us from relegation, will saturdays 2 point loss against preston do likewise for roedy???with rusty out for 3 games, and fozzy just out - (of form at least) will roedy be forced into making a common sense centre midfield pick of clinkers and matty patty???  and will bells promising display on the left wing, mean he gets the nod over crofty on the right wing - allowing hooley to come in on the left - there''s no doubting he played a great part in the demolition of wolves...pretty good form guide in my book,,,and in doing so,would reody be at last playing players in their preferred positions and therefore to their strengths - cos if confidence is wavering in the side, then keeping it simple and allowing players to be comfortable in their roles and jobs is vital to building good performaces, getting results and resoting confidence???the next 3 games are winnable - make no mistake, but consisitent, hardworking, creative performances are required, inconsistentcy will see us struggle - there are no walk-overs in this league - you must earn the right to win...could this receipe get us going on another roedy roll - anice unbeaten run???opines please...

Now a normal man would agree with that but you know Roeder wont, he''ll make his usual poor selections, just like saturday when he didn''t put Bell on the right when he took Croft off, Roeder is not capable of getting this team motivated enough to go on a 13 game run like last season,

I wouldn''t mind seeing Bell play in the middle with Clingan and Hoolahan & Croft in the wide positions. Patty and Clingan is just to defensive for me - one of our biggest problems over the last 3 years is a lack of goal from midfield and Bell is possibly the only attacking option we have for centre mid positions.

Of more interest is what Roeder does up front if Sibierski is out. Will we see Lita partnered by Cureton, Lupoli or even Koroma? He can''t play Rusty there because of his suspension and the Doc can''t play there either as Dejan is out. Personally, I want to see Lita and Lupoli as I can see Lupoli sliding those little thru balls for Lita to run onto.

Sometime it takes injuries or suspension for a manager to stumble upon the best combination.

As said above Patty and Clingan in the middle is just too negative. I can''t see either of them getting forward enough.

I''d try Bell in the middle with Clingan - with Croft and Hoolahan on the wings.

With Lita and Lupoli upfront it ought to (in theory) keep Swansea busy - question would be whether we''d be strong enough defensively.

How about Bell on left, Croft on right, Clingan holding with Hoolahoop pushed up behind the front 2 of Lupo and Lita.

Quite attack minded but we would have our best and most creative players on the pitch. With those players on the pitch, we would need a strong defensive players on the day.

I dont want to spoil the show but surely 3-5-2 is the best option?Marshall in goal. Kennedy, Doc and say Drury as the back three. Bertrand left sided wing back, Otsemobor with that awesome pace as the right wing back. Bell and Clingan in the middle with Lupoli, Lita upfront and Hoolahan inbehind them.You could always play this as a 3-4-3 when we have the ball with players dropping when we dont. It may help us stifle other teams out of it as well. You could easily change the players to reflect the teams we are playing against. Throw Patty in the middle in place of Hoolahan and have him as a sweeper just infront of the back three if needed.When Dejan is back you could even get some good old fashioned man-to-man marking happening on a nasty forward!

Chick, thats what I was thinking in a way. I do feel, that Bell would be best served out wide due to his crossing from the last game. I would worry about Semmys crossing, but he would offer some more defensive than having Croft out there.