Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

The MIGHTY Reading Have FORTY Players In Their Squad!!

With their huge squad they can afford to allow SIXTEEN players to go out on loan - including, of course, Leroy Lita. Somewhat of a contrast with the situation here at Little Old Norwich, don''t you think?

[quote user="Seaman Staines"]With their huge squad they can afford to allow SIXTEEN players to go out on loan - including, of course, Leroy Lita. Somewhat of a contrast with the situation here at Little Old Norwich, don''t you think?[/quote]

Well it kind of shows why there''s so many loan deals, but I doubt they will be in a position to loan out players like Lita if they are not promoted back in the next couple of seasons. Was that the point you were trying to make?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Seaman Staines"]With their huge squad they can afford to allow SIXTEEN players to go out on loan - including, of course, Leroy Lita. Somewhat of a contrast with the situation here at Little Old Norwich, don''t you think?[/quote]

Well it kind of shows why there''s so many loan deals, but I doubt they will be in a position to loan out players like Lita if they are not promoted back in the next couple of seasons. Was that the point you were trying to make?

[/quote]

The point I was trying to make, is that it pains me deeply that our once great club has fallen so low that it needs to borrow players off the likes of Reading (a much smaller club than City in my book), while Reading are loaning SIXTEEN players out. We are in a deep, deep hole!

[quote user="Seaman Staines"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

The point I was trying to make, is that it pains me deeply that our once great club has fallen so low that it needs to borrow players off the likes of Reading (a much smaller club than City in my book), while Reading are loaning SIXTEEN players out. We are in a deep, deep hole!

[/quote]

Your point is not valid, Reading have a parachute payment this season, a parachute payment next season if they dont go up and have spent two years in the premiership in the last two season whereas we were only there for one. Meaning that they have had a Premiership turnover for two years. Most championship squads are actually of a similar size to ours, its just that they own their players.

I don''t remember us having anything like 40 players in our squad, either during our spell in the Premiership, or while we enjoyed the benefits of parachute payments, do you?? Ambition? My A.rse!

[quote user="Seaman Staines"]

I don''t remember us having anything like 40 players in our squad, either during our spell in the Premiership, or while we enjoyed the benefits of parachute payments, do you?? Ambition? My A.rse!

[/quote]

Do we want 40 players in our squad, looking to shift 16 of them out on loan each season? Is that a mark of a club''s ambition now? I''m confused by this one...

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Seaman Staines"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your point is not valid, Reading have a parachute payment this season, a parachute payment next season if they dont go up and have spent two years in the premiership in the last two season whereas we were only there for one. Meaning that they have had a Premiership turnover for two years. Most championship squads are actually of a similar size to ours, its just that they own their players.

[/quote]Not to mention that going up is what "rescued" us in that it wiped out a lot of the immediate debt that we had and allowed the club to re-structure it. Much like Watford in fact.