Sign in to follow this  
ca

Conscience

I just wanted to say that I think I am going to find it very hard to do my predictions this year because although I am very positive I know that we will lose games this season but I really hate to predict a defeat, it makes me feel disloyal.My heart says one thing and my head something else.Is anyone else wrestling with their green and yellow conscience or is it just me being just a bit too emotional?

Not at all angel. I hate thinking we will lose, even when I know there is a damn good chance we will! It feels like I''m letting the side down. But I think we have to be realistic about games this season and if that means facing defeat so be it.

Keep the faith

Thanks DD youve made me feel a bit better, might put my Man Utd and Newcastle predictions in tonight but will have a large glass of white wine first.

Have just added the Arsenal game to cheer you up even more. Hate predicting three Norwich defeats on the trot...

You''re a cruel man, Mr. Raven, going and improving your Prediction League at a time like this... :)

Hmm, now let me see; is Arsenal 3-0 or 4-0 to the Yellers?

there isnt goign to be three!

two max, we can lose all three!

i think we will:

Draw - man u
Draw - Newcastle
lose - Arsenal

Cheers Pete,didnt sleep last night worrying about the Man U and Newcastle game and now I have to add Arsenal to the worry list too.

You are in desperate need of some worry beads, cityangel, and a long thread of them at that! This season is going to be full of conscience-pricking decisions for you guys. You really have my sympathies. Good luck to you all. (I gave up making predictions a couple of seasons ago as I felt my endless optimism was having an adverse effect on the team!)

Regard it as an insurance policy.
If you predict we lose and we win you will be happy anyway. If you predict we win and we lose you will have some mild consolation. If you are anything like me your predictions will be way out so by predicting we lose you may well be iensuring that we dont. Hope this makes sense.