Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

river end cheeseboard

sorry didnt mean to start it again but couldnt find other one. did anyone in the barclay / snake pit areas here the chants of cheeseboard at any time during the match? p.s we have established up to 8 people now that are willing to sing! in increase of 50% to last season and whats all the talk about the away teams singing louder of course they will, 9 out of 10 times away fans do sing more then the home fans purely because these are the fans willing to spend a whole day and quite a lot of cash to see the football and not just to look good for there corporate sponsers!

I saw, presumeably your Dad, with a cheese on his head. Mind you he looked like he had had a skinfull, which I would have had to do if I was going to wear one. But good luck to him, bit of character never hurt anyone.

I did hear one cry of cheeseboard, but that was all and I sit in the river end near you.

Sorry Philip, can''t comment on ''cheeseboard'' stuff as I sit in the Upper Barclay but I agree 100% regarding the away support.

Everyone who doesn''t attend away games will just have to get used to visiting supporters making a lot of noise at FCR. Most Premiership sides will take up their full allocation of tickets, unlike in the First Divison where perhaps only 4 or 5 sides did.

What happened on Saturday is not surprising or a problem. The atmosphere was tremendous all first half. In the second half I could feel frustration creeping in with supporters with poor ref/linesman decisions and our usual tendency to drop deep. This is just human nature and every other ground in the country experiences the same thing.

I remember going to Anfield when Goss scored the winner. We were already on our to relegation as Deehan had just volunteered to take over,(!) but we out sung the Scousers - no big deal.

Those who have praised Pompey backing last year must remember they got tremendous support in the cup game against Arsenal but then we would have done the same. It''s a mental thing viz. cup game - playing the best team in the country and who wants to progress as premiership survival is most important so let''s enjoy, nothing to lose.

They notably increased there vocal support in the later stages of the season when their team played some tremendous attacking football.

Where the Canary support is justifiably proud is in the attendance over the last three years. If the ground was bigger we would have been getting nearer 30,000 and of course more than that now!!

Finally on this little rant of mine - as someone posted elsewhere, the Barclay and Snake Pit enthusiasm needs to be replicated in other parts of the ground, particularly the City Stand.

Perhaps when we finally get a second tier on the pensioners stand it will house a better cross section of support thus helping the atmosphere even more.

Meanwhile everybody enjoy the season but less moaning abour our wonderful support please. I much prefer the contructive criticism of team performance from all points of view.

See you at Old Trafford - Listen to Y''Army!!

I was sitting in the river end and saw you cheeseboard heads @ halftime but didn''t hear you sing from the front of the river end so I don''t think there was much chance of them hearing you in the barclay!