Sign in to follow this  
BBFF

The Turners?

Did any one ask why the Turners walked out as they did and why it was kept a secret for so long?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="BBFF"]

Did any one ask why the Turners walked out as they did and why it was kept a secret for so long?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

I''ve posted this a couple of times before - this was in the Capital Canaries article of 20th September.

Of course, the credit crunch has already hit Norwich City FC in a big way, as our playing budget for this season has been reduced due to the resignation of Andy and Sharon Turner from the Board. We read that they were worth at least a couple of hundred million, but in the current economic conditions, has anyone considered that maybe they just couldn''t afford to loan the money this season and that their fiduciary duty to Central Trust was a little more important than their hobby, Norwich City FC, hence their resignations? At least Norwich City''s loan book is looking healthy.

[quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="BBFF"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

I''ve posted this a couple of times before - this was in the Capital Canaries article of 20th September.

Of course, the credit crunch has already hit Norwich City FC in a big way, as our playing budget for this season has been reduced due to the resignation of Andy and Sharon Turner from the Board. We read that they were worth at least a couple of hundred million, but in the current economic conditions, has anyone considered that maybe they just couldn''t afford to loan the money this season and that their fiduciary duty to Central Trust was a little more important than their hobby, Norwich City FC, hence their resignations? At least Norwich City''s loan book is looking healthy.

[/quote]

Thanks Tim but I was asking if anyone asked last night and why it was kept a secrete for what was it 2 weeks?

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

Not a word about it last night but their departure can, as has been already stated, only been as a result of their struggling business.

A ''secret'' for ''two weeks''....

What would you have preferred, an immediate announcement leaving no time for the extensive (but ultimately futile) conversations that took place to find a way for them to stay?

They had other priorities, life beyond the club gets complicated

Chill out.....

If it was all amicable and simply down to the credit crunch hitting their business, why didn`t they just say that and then give out the usual spiel about the board doing a great job etc.?  Why did Munby say he "didn`t know" why they were leaving?  Silence speaks volumes IMO and i don`t think for a second that their departure was amicable.

I sometimes wonder whether the national news has reached Norfolk for the last year. The Turners would be crazy to advertise if they had problems with their business. It is a private business matter. Whether it was amicable or not is pure speculation - in the real world when things are going well every onetends to gets on and when there are financial problems then there tends to be internal problems so if it was not amicable I suspect that the credit crises was the real problem.

I''m surprised a chairman did say anything about 2 board members leaving at the AGM after all they were much publicised as the future of NCFCPLC and being life long fan etc. Seems very much as if the board would like to forget about them.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="T"]

I sometimes wonder whether the national news has reached Norfolk for the last year. The Turners would be crazy to advertise if they had problems with their business. It is a private business matter. Whether it was amicable or not is pure speculation - in the real world when things are going well every onetends to gets on and when there are financial problems then there tends to be internal problems so if it was not amicable I suspect that the credit crises was the real problem.

[/quote]

We both know how it works T. They could have easily made a broad hint that other priorities had come up without detailing any problems.  An amicable split would have seen BOTH parties issuing the usual platitudes about the board doing a fantastic job, heading in the right direction etc. but unfortunately the Turners cannot dedicate as much time as they thought etc., etc.

All we got was "It`s a sad day for us" from the Turners and "I don`t know why they left" from Munby.  It obviously wasn`t amicable but we probably won`t ever know why.

They were the first brick in a bigger picture but the crunch came their plans crumbled and they sneeked off. They pulled a master stroke getting two seats for Barry''s one and obviously weren''t idiots. They are in business and can spot a lemon when they see one. Off to pastures new for the T''s.........South Africa I believe

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="T"]

[/quote]

We both know how it works T. They could have easily made a broad hint that other priorities had come up without detailing any problems.  An amicable split would have seen BOTH parties issuing the usual platitudes about the board doing a fantastic job, heading in the right direction etc. but unfortunately the Turners cannot dedicate as much time as they thought etc., etc.

All we got was "It`s a sad day for us" from the Turners and "I don`t know why they left" from Munby.  It obviously wasn`t amicable but we probably won`t ever know why.

[/quote]

If the Turners were feeling the pinch that''s not a reason in itself to step down from the board.  Munby and Foulger''s places on the board don''t depend on them putting in a milion or two at regular intervals so why should the Turners be any different?

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Not a word about it last night but their departure can, as has been already stated, only been as a result of their struggling business.

[/quote]

Is there busiiness struggling then cause thats not what their employees say? I heard it was a fall out with the board about what they think needs to be done and a disagreement about the way forward but its only what I heard so could be wrong.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

Is there busiiness struggling then cause thats not what their employees say? I heard it was a fall out with the board about what they think needs to be done and a disagreement about the way forward but its only what I heard so could be wrong.

[/quote]Well one of my mates got made redundant along with a few more from his department at CT. Wage freezes and no bonuses etc etc would tend to indicate that all is not quite as cushty as you''re indicating CA

[quote user="Ive got off the fence"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well one of my mates got made redundant along with a few more from his department at CT.

Wage freezes and no bonuses etc etc would tend to indicate that all is not quite as cushty as you''re indicating CA

[/quote]

Gazzathegreat may be able to shed more light on the matter.

CA, I can''t say too much, but all I will say is the Turners'' business is alive and well. All I can say is you have to believe me when I say this and appreciate that I can''t divulge anymore on a public forum.

Central Trust employ many temporary workers and they are brought in through an employment agency. There are usually lots of them all at once for temporary periods (presumably financial businesses have busier periods at different times of the year). Again I can''t say too much, but the reason they left the board IS NOT to do with their business.

I hope that my many years on this message board will convince any of you that what I am saying is as honest as I can be while keeping everything as confidential as I have to.

Again I think it''s not too hard to work out that after drawing up a business plan for the club they left. The Board last night admitted they don''t have a strategy. Enough said.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]CA, I can''t say too much, but all I will say is the Turners'' business is alive and well. All I can say is you have to believe me when I say this and appreciate that I can''t divulge anymore on a public forum. Central Trust employ many temporary workers and they are brought in through an employment agency. There are usually lots of them all at once for temporary periods (presumably financial businesses have busier periods at different times of the year). Again I can''t say too much, but the reason they left the board IS NOT to do with their business. I hope that my many years on this message board will convince any of you that what I am saying is as honest as I can be while keeping everything as confidential as I have to. Again I think it''s not too hard to work out that after drawing up a business plan for the club they left. The Board last night admitted they don''t have a strategy. Enough said.[/quote]

You are one of the very few on here I trust, and thanks for that info.

I think you all know my association with Andrew and Sharon Turner and I know the reason for their departure but don''t expect me to come up with an explanation, oh no I have had my fingers burnt once before which resulted in my leaving of this board. Thanks to posters that couldn''t keep their word to me. Oh no never again....arrdee.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Mrs T and Mrs WJ......Weren''t exactly best of chums......[:|][/quote]

Funny... they still eat dinner together....

As has been said, there was no reason why they could not have remained on the board, even though they were unable to contribute further monies at this time.

None of us really know, but last season I was a Gunn Club member and many a pre match both the Turners and the Smith/Jones were in the same room but seemed not to even acknowledge each other. IBA says they still eat together, so perhaps we interpreted our observations wrongly.

The explanation given by the club was, in my opinion, another pr disaster. The explanation was far from satisfactory and so rumours will thrive, for example, one was that the Turners carried out their review as requested, recommended changes involving other board members/employees to which the all powerful did not agree.

Bye bye Turners.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]As has been said, there was no reason why they could not have remained on the board, even though they were unable to contribute further monies at this time. None of us really know, but last season I was a Gunn Club member and many a pre match both the Turners and the Smith/Jones were in the same room but seemed not to even acknowledge each other. IBA says they still eat together, so perhaps we interpreted our observations wrongly. The explanation given by the club was, in my opinion, another pr disaster. The explanation was far from satisfactory and so rumours will thrive, for example, one was that the Turners carried out their review as requested, recommended changes involving other board members/employees to which the all powerful did not agree. Bye bye Turners.[/quote]

I would merely point out that it was a joint statement agreed between both parties.  Neither Norwich City PLC nor Mr and Mrs Turner thought it necessary to explain it any further to the fans or to the media. 

Subsequently both Mr and Mrs Turner have been given opportunities by the media to expand on their departure and, as of this moment,they have politely declined to do so.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]As has been said, there was no reason why they could not have remained on the board, even though they were unable to contribute further monies at this time. None of us really know, but last season I was a Gunn Club member and many a pre match both the Turners and the Smith/Jones were in the same room but seemed not to even acknowledge each other. IBA says they still eat together, so perhaps we interpreted our observations wrongly. The explanation given by the club was, in my opinion, another pr disaster. The explanation was far from satisfactory and so rumours will thrive, for example, one was that the Turners carried out their review as requested, recommended changes involving other board members/employees to which the all powerful did not agree. Bye bye Turners.[/quote]

I would merely point out that it was a joint statement agreed between both parties.  Neither Norwich City PLC nor Mr and Mrs Turner thought it necessary to explain it any further to the fans or to the media. 

Subsequently both Mr and Mrs Turner have been given opportunities by the media to expand on their departure and, as of this moment,they have politely declined to do so.

[/quote]

Why then, don''t you just make it up?

Then, when they take umbrage to the accusations and unsubstantiated rumour....''The tactless ''Daily Soiled Rag'' can print an apology the size of a postage stamp in the next issue - just under an advert for a tacky sex-chat line.

[quote user="arrdee"]I think you all know my association with Andrew and Sharon Turner and I know the reason for their departure but don''t expect me to come up with an explanation, oh no I have had my fingers burnt once before which resulted in my leaving of this board. Thanks to posters that couldn''t keep their word to me. Oh no never again....arrdee.[/quote]

Ard, why say it then, it''s teasing. Its like in the playground and someone saying I know something about Jimmy and you can''t know.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I would merely point out that it was a joint statement agreed between both parties. 

[/quote]Could you point this joint statement out please Cam I could only ever find the one issued by the Club.

I wonder if part of the Turners plan was saving £180k a year by removing an employee who seems to have been underperforming of late.....? [^o)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]I wonder if part of the Turners plan was saving £180k a year by removing an employee who seems to have been underperforming of late.....? [^o)][/quote]

Surely not! It would be like the Barbary Apes leaving Gibraltar! Or the Ravens departing the Tower of London....Not to mention the feral cats abandoning the Coliseum in Rome....All truly bad omens, and don''t bare thinking about!

[quote user="arrdee"]I think you all know my association with Andrew and Sharon Turner and I know the reason for their departure but don''t expect me to come up with an explanation, oh no I have had my fingers burnt once before which resulted in my leaving of this board. Thanks to posters that couldn''t keep their word to me. Oh no never again....arrdee.[/quote]

What is your association with them Ardee, do you supply their sausages?

[quote user="cityangel"]

What is your association with them Ardee, do you supply their sausages?

[/quote]I''m curious too Ardee it''s not just your chipolatas that are making peoples mouths water. I pass observation that in saying you know the reason for their departure you do not simply confirm what has been put forward by other parties which would be perfectly acceptable comment for somebody with an association to the Turners, helpful comment even as it would help dispel the rumourmongering.

[quote user="The Prisoner"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

I would merely point out that it was a joint statement agreed between both parties. 

[/quote]

Could you point this joint statement out please Cam I could only ever find the one issued by the Club.
[/quote]

When we rang the Turners after their departure was announced we were told that they had "approved" the statement put out by Norwich City and that, so far as they were concerned, neither party would be adding to it.