Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

How long until we sell Bell?

Has to be our most valuable player, and worth 4 or 5 times what we paid for him. But with the situation we find ourselves in, i have a strong feeling he won''t be with us for long. From the form he showed last saturday he might be premiership bound?

[quote user="colneycanary"]Has to be our most valuable player, and worth 4 or 5 times what we paid for him. But with the situation we find ourselves in, i have a strong feeling he won''t be with us for long. From the form he showed last saturday he might be premiership bound?[/quote]

How much did we pay for him?

And given our situation how many clubs would be prepared to pay 4 or 5 times what we paid? (whatever that figure may be)

bell will not leave this season or next! get a grip! why would these clubs be bidding now for bell when they could have had for a 1/4 of the price in the summer?! where is the link to this story? and how come he is suddenly our most valuable player after one game? even brellier and brown played 1 good game for us cant remeber them fetching millions!

the board stated before we can buy we must sell, but we dont need to buy we have enough quality here so we dont need to sell. why would roeder sell just to replace with the same type of player? we need to keep the same set of players here for 18months-2years with as little disruption to buying and selling as possible then the team might gel and bond and then dare i say it perform to their capabillities!!!!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

bell will not leave this season or next! get a grip! why would these clubs be bidding now for bell when they could have had for a 1/4 of the price in the summer?! where is the link to this story? and how come he is suddenly our most valuable player after one game? even brellier and brown played 1 good game for us cant remeber them fetching millions!

the board stated before we can buy we must sell, but we dont need to buy we have enough quality here so we dont need to sell. why would roeder sell just to replace with the same type of player? we need to keep the same set of players here for 18months-2years with as little disruption to buying and selling as possible then the team might gel and bond and then dare i say it perform to their capabillities!!!!

[/quote]

".........we have enough quality here so we dont need to sell."

Blimey, Lincoln, that''s a cracker ! What did you put in your afternoon tea ?

[quote user="Lord Snooty "][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

so bell, hoolahan, marshall, clingan are not quality? bar marshall the other three were the star players at there former clubs!

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Lord Snooty "][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

so bell, hoolahan, marshall, clingan are not quality? bar marshall the other three were the star players at there former clubs!

[/quote]

It''s all relative I suppose, but I still want to know what you put in your tea.

[quote user="Lord Snooty "][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Lord Snooty "][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s all relative I suppose, but I still want to know what you put in your tea.

[/quote]

just normal tea bags i think, im not sure really i borrowed them from Mr roeder the other night he said they were real good, delia made them according to him with her secret recipe, does that explain it?! Big Smile [:D]

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Has to be our most valuable player, and worth 4 or 5 times what we paid for him. But with the situation we find ourselves in, i have a strong feeling he won''t be with us for long. From the form he showed last saturday he might be premiership bound?[/quote]

And given our situation how many clubs would be prepared to pay 4 or 5 times what we paid? (whatever that figure may be)

[/quote]He cost us 600k from a very cash strapped Luton town. His true value could be 2million+.  We have already had 2 enquiries from Championship teams, how long until a Premiership team comes knocking??

[quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]He cost us 600k from a very cash strapped Luton town. His true value could be 2million+.  We have already had 2 enquiries from Championship teams, how long until a Premiership team comes knocking??[/quote]

My guess would be that other clubs would be looking to buy him on the cheap from us. I can''t see someone in our league coming in and offering £2m-£3m for him.

I definitely can''t see a Premier League team coming in for him.

[quote user="TCF"]If we sell Bell or Clingan in January I would officially no longer support Norwich City Football Club.[/quote]

Is that unconditional?

If Mark Hughes felt that he needed a couple of decent reserve team players and wanted to offer £50m for the pair of them you''d still stop supporting?

A ridiculous example but is there a point where you''d think it was reasonable to sell?

its a bit of a no win situation

i dotn see the point in selling marshall clingan or bell, there our best players.......so why sell them to bring in other good players.....its pointless

keep the squad we have, hope for investment and live of freebees

its the norwich way :)

Bell will be sold if a good offer comes in --GUARANTEED

Yeah, there''s no way we''re selling players! It''s ridiculous to suggest. It''s been stated since the very beginning of this season that we haven''t got any cash and now the AGM has just backed up that statement. They always said if we were pushing for promotion (playoffs) we''d have money available. But, why would you sell a player who has started once at home and has a hell of a lot more to offer?? I don''t think anybody has actually put a bid in for Bell. It''s madness I tell you!! The others won''t go either. The people we''ve got on loan are good. If someone had said last year that we would be having a strike force that consisted of Lita, Sibierski and Lupoli I''d have laughed! It''s shrewd work I think. I mean, you could argue that the only ones who''ve had success are Lita, Bertrand or Kennedy but what would be the point?? The more players the better.I''m pissed off at our situation, but the Championship is so tight anything could happen. And yes, I do think 19th is an unflattering position for us. I''ve been to most home games this season and the only time I remember feeling really terrible was QPR and Blackpool. We''ve aquitted ourselves reasonably well otherwise. Away, however, that''s another story!!

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="TCF"]If we sell Bell or Clingan in January I would officially no longer support Norwich City Football Club.[/quote]

Is that unconditional?

If Mark Hughes felt that he needed a couple of decent reserve team players and wanted to offer £50m for the pair of them you''d still stop supporting?

A ridiculous example but is there a point where you''d think it was reasonable to sell?

[/quote]

If you think there is a chance Mark Hughes will offer £50m for two of ours players thats fair enough. I however chose to live in the real world.......

If we continually cash in on our two best players whenever a transfer window opens how are we ever going to improve? You cant put a price on players like that.

[quote user="TCF"][quote user="GJP"]

Is that unconditional?

[/quote]

If you think there is a chance Mark Hughes will offer £50m for two of ours players thats fair enough. I however chose to live in the real world.......

If we continually cash in on our two best players whenever a transfer window opens how are we ever going to improve? You cant put a price on players like that.

[/quote]

Nope, I don''t think there is any chance of that. As I said, it''s a ridiculous example.

It was obvious that the question I was asking is if you''d be happy to sell for the right price.

At least you''ve sort of answered.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="TCF"][quote user="GJP"]

Is that unconditional?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope, I don''t think there is any chance of that. As I said, it''s a ridiculous example.

It was obvious that the question I was asking is if you''d be happy to sell for the right price.

[/quote]

Eh, why say it then? Its fair to say that if the price was a ridiculous sum of money then of course we should cash in. But thats never going to happen is it? Thats why if we sold these players for a little profit I would my revoke interest in the club (till the board are replaced).

[quote user="TCF"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="TCF"][quote user="GJP"]

Is that unconditional?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Eh, why say it then? Its fair to say that if the price was a ridiculous sum of money then of course we should cash in. But thats never going to happen is it? Thats why if we sold these players for a little profit I would my revoke interest in the club (till the board are replaced).

[/quote]

Because it''s just plucking a number out of the air.

We''ve only seen him play two games.  Matty Patty looked decent after two games.  Wait until Xmas and we''ll all be saying we should sell him/drop him for Fotheringham.  "He''s got no pace," "he can only cross the ball," etc.If only you could ally Croft''s energy to Bell''s crossing.  There''s a mutant hybrid worth considering.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]We''ve only seen him play two games.  Matty Patty looked decent after two games.  Wait until Xmas and we''ll all be saying we should sell him/drop him for Fotheringham.  "He''s got no pace," "he can only cross the ball," etc.If only you could ally Croft''s energy to Bell''s crossing.  There''s a mutant hybrid worth considering.[/quote]That mutant hybrid sounds like ''Norfolk''s Favourite Son'' - Mr Huckerby!

we wont sell Marshall.. if we do he will sit on the bench at wherever he ends up... pretty much every side in the top 2 divisions has a better goalkeeper...

jas :)