Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Who are the "Fans" watching?

I live in Southampton, so I don''t get to FCR to see too many games. I have never had much of a problem getting tickets but obviously now it almost impossible! A positive point to this is full ground=more money but how many people getting tickets are turning up to see the other teams? I wasn''t at the Palace but I''ve heard it was not quite the atmosphere we''d expect.

I''m not saying all new members, season ticket holders and people buying tickets for the first time in ten years aren''t "real supports", I mean I only went to 8 games at home last year but some people at FCR this year will be turning up to see the opposition taking up a seat in the home crowd. I may just be acting childishly because I can''t get tickets but I have sat in a half emplty Carrow Road on evenings when they were selling tickets for £1, where were all these supporters then?

I suppose my question is, do you think if the stadium is full but the fans are not as vocal we have less of a chance of surviving in the PL?

Great Post, I think your spot on. I have wondered this myself. The truth is there are some fans who are only interested now we are in the top league. The true fans who have watched the team through the hard times, just don''t get a stiff unless they have a season ticket.

This maybe an unpopular idea but one my dad suggested, put the ticket price up. I feel that a true fan will pay more than the new bred who just want to see premier league games. All thoughts welcome.

JIMMY

"Not as vocal" as what? Were you at the same Carrow Road as me in the early 90s, when visiting fans would come and gloat at us all for our silence? Where was the No.13 jersey then?

Look here Jim Kent...

Put the price up? Is your Dad loaded or something? Tell him to get me a couple of tickets and I''ll shout and sing for the whole 90 minutes.

I do agree with this to some extent, I remember sitting at Carrow Road on a bitterly cold day with rain pelting down watching City lose 1-0 to bottom side Luton. After a few more seasons and similar situations school and college work took over so I didn''t get to FCR often, but by the time I thought about going again, Norwich were ''good again'' and I couldn''t get a look in. I only got to 1 match the whole of last season and that was because someone gave me a ticket! Ah well...you can''t have everything i suppose!

Well I was there and although it wasn''t exactly Preston or Walsall noisy, it was a hell of a lot noisier than Gillingham. Yes we were a bit quieter when we were on the back foot and when they scored, but that felt like the nervousness and slight disappointment in the crowd. But the OTBC at the beginning was possibly the loudest I''ve heard in the ground in years.

So lets dispel the myth that Sat was quiet. It wasn''t.

Yeah good original post. I have supported them all my life (now 44) and have managed to get to most home games but have never had a season ticket as have only left the Navy two years ago and now work shift work with the Police. Have always been a member though and with that membership card could get tickets to most games. However now suddenly we are in the premiership I can only get three games of which one is at the beginning of October and the second two are the last two home games of the season so in effect I have to wait from beginning of Oct until May to see a game. Thought maybe they could have been allocated a bit more evenly throughout the season but yes despite this i do feel hard done by that I suddenly cannot get tickets.