Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Line up and transfers

hey all, i would just like to know:

what starting line up do you think Nigel should use against Man U on Saturday?

and do you think there is anywhere the squad needs strengthening?

i think maybe a clever, quick, direct centre midfield could be brought in to create and build up good attacks and make some good cutting passes. A strong and agile centre back would not be a bad idea either, although its not vital.

Whats your opinion?

Pack up the midfield that''s what I say. Is Safri going to be ready?

A trio of Safri - Holt - Francis looks good to me. They can all take it turns to have a go at Roy Keane :)

Not if Keane plays in the heart of defence as he has done the last couple of games! It will will be Svenny or A. N. Other who has the privilege then. (I think Worthy may stick to 4-4-2, incidentally as, to get anything from the game it is their defence that is their weakest point at the moment; however, if he is keener not to lose then we could see 4-5-1. Just depends on his mindset and what the players are comfortable with, I guess...and who''s fit!)

I think playing too defensively will alow Man U to run the game. We will need to strike them hard and fast at every opportunity and perhaps sneak a result. Looking at them yesterday this is our best chance!

If Safri is fit I think he would be an excellent partner for francis, given his passing skills (although it would pain me to see holty on the bench!)
I think with Jonsson playing in an international this week and having not yet settled properly his best place may be on the bench with bentley, mcveigh or helveg on the right.
As hux seems to enjoy spending his time on the left wing I''d be tempted to move him back there with leon or perhaps bentley partnering Sven although this may leave us exposed on that side.

i think against a big club like United, you`ve just got to go at them with everything you have got. Maybe try and just attack attack attack and not give them a chance to do much more.

The team to beat Man U is:

Green - Gallagher

Helveg - Edworthy - Mackay - Fleming - Charlton - Drury

Jonson - Francis - Holt - Safri - Bentley - McVeigh - Brennan

Hucks - McKenzie - Svensson - Jarvis

Hopefully they won''t notice that we are playing 19 players :-)

OTBC

I wondered about:

Green

Edworthy Charlton Fleming Drury

Helveg Francis Brennan

Jonson Svensson Hucks

as I think Hucks works better on the left of a three - i.e. there are more players getting forward. Although that may lack width, its also pretty defensive.

magic_eyes,
I think thats a great line-up and will definately get us a win there. Good thinking!

What a thought Holloway Canary! Indeed, I break out into sweats thinking about the pace involved. AJ would have to have a hair graft though or he wouldn''t really fit into the rest of our team!!!