Sign in to follow this  

Clearly David James was the more impressive keeper today! ; )

Did you see Fulham''s equaliser where James was on his knees? What was he thinking?!

Kirkland can''t even get a game in goal in the Premiership, what a joke of a selection - has he ever played more than half a season?

You get the feeling that Sven is always finding a reason to exclude Greeno. Now it is because Kirkland is back but when did Kirkland actually last play a competitive match (and how many has he actually played in the last couple of years?).

Anyway, come 2006 Sven will be gone and Greeno will be England''s No.1. Lets just hope he is still at City...

..amazed that kirkland got there before Greeno,how many games has Kirkland played???,not bloody many.Is he first choice at liverpool?...no way!!!....i am starting to wonder about Svens selection and tactics policy,I''ve even been a supporter of the man,but have to say i''m now changing my mind!

You and me both, sparky, but I am beginning to wonder about Sven full stop! There often doesn''t seem to be any logic to his squad selections and the formations he uses. Still, at least he has said that if England flop he will be on his way. Just didn''t include a timescale to the comment, which is a bit worrying.

Have to agree, kirkland shouldn''t be in. Even more worrying thi is that James is shocking. Robinson should be no.1. Green should have been called up, even if its just to train and get to know some his future colleges. That sort of experience won''t do him any harm.

Kirkland has only played 31 times for Liverpool in the three years he has been there. He didn''t play a whole lot more than that at Coventry.

Whereas Greeno has now played 156 ish of which the last 110 odd have been in a row - no injuries, suspensions or loss of form.

It is an absolute disgrace that Kirkland has been picked - and probably entirely Ray Clemence''s fault who obviously has huge Liverpool bias and is trying to relive his own career through Kirkland.

I was livid on saturday night and will now boycott England on wed night - possibly in favour of our reserves - perhaps Greeno will get a game there instead!