Sign in to follow this  
Shifty Sid

AGM - Just got back

Now going to type up some notes - plenty was said, was a little hostile to start with but mellowed as the evening went on.  Full details to follow shortly...

Also just back, CA has made copious notes of all the questions.

In a nutshell there is no investment, Cullum never made an offer. Most of the questions were directed at Roeder who was arrogant and was roundly booed on several occasions. He eventually apologised but it was about as sincere as I am in offering my best wishes to the scum.

A couple of people thanked Delia and Michael for what they had put into the club, but every question (and I mean every question ) was anti and critical. Several on Huckerby. I will leave all that to CA!!

Lots of hands up against re electing Doncaster. All in all I summarised that we are managed by a very arrogant man who thinks he''s above everyone else and the Board haven''t got a clue what to do for the future (they were asked what their long term strategy was and MWJ ended up asking the crowd what they would do). Clueless and penniless.

I do admit to having some sympathy for Delia, Michael and Mr Foulger, their hearts are in the right place but they have made too many errors and I am afraid a very big one appointing our current manager.

Very worried.

Positives - meeting Nutty - lovely to meet you at last. Oh and nice to catch up with lots of people I haven''t seen for a while, including Keith Roads. More power to your elbow, Keith.

Oh and the drinks are so expensive we should have enough to persuade Lita to stay on another month.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Also just back, CA has made copious notes of all the questions. In a nutshell there is no investment, Cullum never made an offer. Most of the questions were directed at Roeder who was arrogant and was roundly booed on several occasions. He eventually apologised but it was about as sincere as I am in offering my best wishes to the scum. A couple of people thanked Delia and Michael for what they had put into the club, but every question (and I mean every question ) was anti and critical. Several on Huckerby. I will leave all that to CA!! Lots of hands up against re electing Doncaster. All in all I summarised that we are managed by a very arrogant man who thinks he''s above everyone else and the Board haven''t got a clue what to do for the future (they were asked what their long term strategy was and MWJ ended up asking the crowd what they would do). Clueless and penniless. I do admit to having some sympathy for Delia, Michael and Mr Foulger, their hearts are in the right place but they have made too many errors and I am afraid a very big one appointing our current manager. Very worried. Positives - meeting Nutty - lovely to meet you at last. Oh and nice to catch up with lots of people I haven''t seen for a while, including Keith Roads. More power to your elbow, Keith. Oh and the drinks are so expensive we should have enough to persuade Lita to stay on another month.[/quote]

interesting stuff Gazza.. how did the board react to the "anti" questions? were they confrontational? withdrawn? or apologetic?

jas :)

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Also just back, CA has made copious notes of all the questions. In a nutshell there is no investment, Cullum never made an offer. Most of the questions were directed at Roeder who was arrogant and was roundly booed on several occasions. He eventually apologised but it was about as sincere as I am in offering my best wishes to the scum. A couple of people thanked Delia and Michael for what they had put into the club, but every question (and I mean every question ) was anti and critical. Several on Huckerby. I will leave all that to CA!! Lots of hands up against re electing Doncaster. All in all I summarised that we are managed by a very arrogant man who thinks he''s above everyone else and the Board haven''t got a clue what to do for the future (they were asked what their long term strategy was and MWJ ended up asking the crowd what they would do). Clueless and penniless. I do admit to having some sympathy for Delia, Michael and Mr Foulger, their hearts are in the right place but they have made too many errors and I am afraid a very big one appointing our current manager. Very worried. Positives - meeting Nutty - lovely to meet you at last. Oh and nice to catch up with lots of people I haven''t seen for a while, including Keith Roads. More power to your elbow, Keith. Oh and the drinks are so expensive we should have enough to persuade Lita to stay on another month.[/quote]

Thanks Gazza, same old really then!. The club is a shambles just as we are all aware summed up by MWJ''s our main shareholder asking for advice, leader my arse!. Did John ask Delia about the Siomon Mayo interview on Radio 5?

Relegation closely followed by administration it is then, I really can''t see any other way out. We''ve got no money to buy players and the team will just get weaker and weaker and it''s not beyond the realms of possibility that we could sink even lower than league 1. It''s not many years ago that Oxford were holding their own in the Championship and look at them now.

Cheers Gazza, you know I''m a fan of your posts [Y]What was it that led to GR beeing booed? I had high hopes for him when he was first appointed, and even now I''ve felt that some criticism was a bit over the top, but just recently he does seem to be suffering from some pretty bad ''PR''.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I do hope nobody upset the Chief Exec.....[/quote]

Oh who cares

[/quote]

Me, he''s my favourite.

To be fair the first half or more of the meeting was directed at the manager. His handling of the departure of Hucks, the loans, away form, his discipline record.....the Board were silent for the majority of the time, their questions were at the end and they couldn''t answer them. Doncaster was booed when he went on about other clubs looking for investment/up for sale. The same old excuses. One of the last questioners stated he was fed up with the old prudence and ambition stuff etc and was cheered. Munby at one point was clapping one of the questioners who was openly criticising him.

The board did apologise, yes, well they apologised for not having enough money. They were strangely subdued and defeated. I have never seen them like it. Delia spent some time explaining about the Cullum deal/no deal and openly asked for anyone to help with ideas to raise money.

One thing which struck me was that Mr Roeder in his opening gambit said the EDP''s headline of "Delia for a grilling" or similar was DISGRACEFUL !!

Oh, and why are ALL Norwich supporters so negative.......that raised a laugh in the Pink Un corner....lol

You would have loved it Mello. There were many hands up to vote a "No" for his re election. He wasn''t on top form tonight, they all looked v worried - for some reason.

Actually having just started to type my notes and got to the second question and realised I am already on a full page of A4 I really can''t be arsed - the above posted sums things up in such a concise manner.Main points: Cullum never offered anything and in fact sent writen confirmation this week that he never would.  The deal is dead in the water (if ther ever was one).GR came over as very confrontational from the off.  Was heckled on a number of occasions with accusations of him being egotistical, arrogant and sarcastic.  He did apologise at the end.  And did invite one critic to Colney to watch training and to bring a guest for a meal afterwards.On Huckerby he stated his reasons for not renewing his deal (ie: he felt he was too old and part of past failures and that Bell & Hoolihan would be the future).  On the way it was handled he admitted it was a mistake but looked to make amends by asking Hucks to come back for a send off before/after a home game in the near future.On re-election of Munby, he seemd to get 98% of the vote (at a guess).  Doncaster got around 90%.GR heaviliy criticised the state of scouting on his arrival and said it''s been overhauled completely.Delia said she is going back to work at age of 67 to fund the £3M shortfall in the accounts.On Archibald-Henville - he said he wasn''t ready for Championship football and made a mistake signing him, hence sending him back.GR remains convinced the squad will click, we''ll move into top half of table and be in a position to further rebuild next summer and the summer after that - it can''t all be done in one close season, hence large number of loans.There was a lot more, but nothing of any real note.  Despite a few heckles it was still a relatively tame affair (to be expected when the majority in attendance were 60 and over!).

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Cheers Gazza, you know I''m a fan of your posts [Y]What was it that led to GR beeing booed? I had high hopes for him when he was first appointed, and even now I''ve felt that some criticism was a bit over the top, but just recently he does seem to be suffering from some pretty bad ''PR''.

[/quote]He gave a very sarcastic answer to what was a decent enough question about the lack of midfield play makers or the athletes that he referred to in needing the ideal midfielder. The guy (who sits behind me in the Barclay) said he should come and sit up with us and maybe he could read the game better from there. Glenn''s comment was something along the lines of "I''m sorry, but I must have missed your tenure as the England manager!"Cue lots of noise

He just brought it on himself, he started up with a very arrogant speech - and then rounded on the first questioner - I can''t remember the exact words but the guy was saying he sat in the Upper Barclay and could see the game, and therefore mistakes, in a way Roeder couldn''t in the dug out. Roeder then went on to say that he "hadn''t noticed his tenure as England Manager" He was booed and someone (not any of us) shouted "Shut up, you arrogant *****" No really, it happened at an AGM. He was very defensive and kept going on about us all being negative. Oh well.....he''s not been here long, he''ll learn.

He doesn''t do these things well, he wasn''t exactly that charming at the NCISA meeting, even less so at the Open Day and tonight didn''t do the club any favours at all.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]To be fair the first half or more of the meeting was directed at the manager. His handling of the departure of Hucks, the loans, away form, his discipline record.....the Board were silent for the majority of the time, their questions were at the end and they couldn''t answer them. Doncaster was booed when he went on about other clubs looking for investment/up for sale. The same old excuses. One of the last questioners stated he was fed up with the old prudence and ambition stuff etc and was cheered. Munby at one point was clapping one of the questioners who was openly criticising him. The board did apologise, yes, well they apologised for not having enough money. They were strangely subdued and defeated. I have never seen them like it. Delia spent some time explaining about the Cullum deal/no deal and openly asked for anyone to help with ideas to raise money. One thing which struck me was that Mr Roeder in his opening gambit said the EDP''s headline of "Delia for a grilling" or similar was DISGRACEFUL !! Oh, and why are ALL Norwich supporters so negative.......that raised a laugh in the Pink Un corner....lol[/quote]

I''ve been collecting shirt buttons and chocolate buttons for a while to save for a player.

They won''t get another penny from me and my better half.

Cullums door is open (his words), so why haven''t they approached his door and knocked?

Too many questions and not enough answers for my liking.  Blooming cheek asking the fans for help.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Cullums door is open (his words), so why haven''t they approached his door and knocked?

Too many questions and not enough answers for my liking.  Blooming cheek asking the fans for help.

[/quote]Sorry WAY49 - the door is closed and bricked over. Forget Peter Cullum… it ain''t gonna happen. End of.

No, in fact no one was shouted down, the usual stooges were not allowed their piece, Munby said there were to be no long speeches at the start - and in fact one of them went on later to make a very anti speech about the Board''s failure. I can''t remember which one it was, John Tilson will clarify.

It really was the most anti Board AGM I have attended.

Hardly suprising considering the ridiculous price tag. Im sorry Delia, but you aren''t going to get close to £30 a share. You piled your cash into a bottomless pit knowing full well the consequences, to hold this club to ransom just to attempt to reclaim your lost riches is not only terminally unhealthy for the club, but also damaging to your reputation.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Just out of interest were the '' anti- Board '' speakers shouted down by the usual mob?[/quote]

No, they were pelted with werther''s originals, mints, thermos flasks, flat caps, hounds and hunting magazines, false teeth, snug blankets and cushions....

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]No, in fact no one was shouted down, the usual stooges were not allowed their piece, Munby said there were to be no long speeches at the start - and in fact one of them went on later to make a very anti speech about the Board''s failure. I can''t remember which one it was, John Tilson will clarify. It really was the most anti Board AGM I have attended.[/quote]

Thanks for that Gazza. Although we''ve not heard anything we''ve not heard before at least it does sound as though it wasn''t the usual '' love-in '' which makes a nice change.

That is not strictly true. He may never make an offer, but be there to pick up the pieces when it all goes tits up (administration). Would not be surprised, Andy, as you were there and heard them as they collectively struggled to come up with a strategy (as asked by someone) MWJ put it to the floor asking what we would do?

Er, need I say anymore. I have realised tonight that this wonderful club of ours, is now more. We are deeply in the **** - the board don''t have a clue and we have (I will not be allowed to use the word I would like) someone who really shouldn''t be allowed to manage anything in charge of the players.

I have now got my answer as to why we simply can''t play football. And so would any of you if you had heard him.

It was also one of the more crowded AGMs I can remember - but that might be down to the club letting everyone just walk in...

No Gazza, there was really no need, the questions were coming thick and fast and the ones we had prepared were not needed to break up any signs of a "love-in".

I can''t emphasise enough the fact this was the nearest it''s ever got to anarchy (AGM style). I have never heard a Norwich manager booed like this. I think at first everyone was shocked, but after a few comments well.....

Archant were evident - as was Waghorn, so there will be plenty of column inches written.....

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]It was also one of the more crowded AGMs I can remember - but that might be down to the club letting everyone just walk in...[/quote]

As opposed to walking all over us?

Really Pete, I was there really early and we were checked in, they had a list of all the shareholders. There were a lot of people in there, a lot standing at the back and around the sides.

I really want to know if the board and Roeder honestly believe they are collectively capable of guiding this club out of this mess. I know what  i think, i (probably) know what you think, but i want to know if they really do think they can.Is there a plan, or some "secret weapon" they have up their sleeves to prevent us from falling into the relegation zone by the end of the season? I just don''t understand. It would be heartbreaking to know we''re out of idea''s, and everyone, but no one, at the club has admitted defeat this early into the season.How could this happen to the club??? I tend to hide it, but the last three years have left me dumbfounded.......To hear the hostility, and vulnerability even apparent at board level and in the coaching staff............ How did it come to ''THIS''?...