Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Time up Roeder

Time for him to pack up and go NOW enough is enough we are worse off than last season. He has had his chance. Other clubs don''t mess about Dowie is a prime example.

I think the worrying thing is that he''s been in the job for a year now and I don''t think he knows his best starting 11.

And even if he does know his best starting 11 I don''t even think he would necessarily pick it.

Well he certainly did not sound like a man about to walk away on the radio and can you see our Board sacking anybody .Would be a very nice early xmas present if he was to leave though.

[quote user="Eggy"]Time for him to pack up and go NOW enough is enough we are worse off than last season. He has had his chance. Other clubs don''t mess about Dowie is a prime example.
[/quote]

Difference between Dowie and GR is that QPR could afford to pay him off...

I have always defended GR and thought he was the right man, but now I feel it is the time to go. I understand that he has bugger all to work on and I feel that he was duped by the board when he signed, but thats for another thread. He does not seem to inspire the players and I feel we have a Grant situation and that no one wants to play for him. Sorry GR, I know that you have so little funds and have had to rely on the loans but surely there was a lot of players out there in the lower league who would not have cost the earth and would have want to play for the club. Look at Cardif and Burley, they seem to pick up some lower league players and do well out of them.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Look at Cardif and Burley, they seem to pick up some lower league players and do well out of them.

[/quote]

Cardiff have spent an effing fortune thats put them in to the tune of about £35 million in debt.

[quote user="

Do you not think that the board Conned Roeder into taking the job, They knew we had no money to give him he was brought in as a boardroom Scape goat, they knew that this would happen and they are usuing him to divert the blame from themselfs,

>How about an Ady Boothroyd, Malky Mackay partnership to get us out of this mess??

Yeah, ''cos that''s worked so well for Watford hasn''t it?

(They are below us in the table - in the bottom 3 - in case you hadn''t noticed)

I had been unsure about him, but this season and his little outburst at the AGM has finished me off.  He needs to go as it is starting to look more and more like the players have lost interest in him as well!

Come on Delia do the right thing get rid of Roeder then sling your hook!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Childish I know............ but F*** Off Ratty![:@][/quote]

No need for that Wiz.

Answer to the board dupe question, I remember GR saying that he had enough money and that he has been promised suitable funds, well we know that is not the case. Don''t think the board would dupe him just tomake him a scapegoat, I think that they thought he could get the best out of the players and the club thou and wanted him here.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Childish I know............ but F*** Off Ratty![:@][/quote]

No need for that Wiz.

Answer to the board dupe question, I remember GR saying that he had enough money and that he has been promised suitable funds, well we know that is not the case. Don''t think the board would dupe him just tomake him a scapegoat, I think that they thought he could get the best out of the players and the club thou and wanted him here.

[/quote]

Whats wrong with Fobb Off Ratty?[;)]

count me in now ive had enough of this rubbish the guy is gonna take us down not only are we losing most away games but our home form is getting as bad its relegation form.

[quote user="the1englishman"]And just who do you think we will be able to replace him with FFS !!!No one is going to want to come here, knowing full well we dont have a pot to pi ss in !!![/quote]To be honest, we never had a pot to wiz in when Grant walked and yet many managers still applied for the job. I''m not sure we''re a totally unattractive prospect to lower league managers who know how to work on a budget.

We''ve allowed him to change the whole clubs structure to suit himself it wasnt as if this guy was Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger or Bobby Robson what possessed the club to think this guy was some kind of football messiah. The club i dont think can now afford to get rid unless he walks. Just another example in a long line of bad manager recruitment by the board regardless of how well intentioned they are.

I agree GR has got to go. Anyone who plays his left footed players on the right wing and his right footed players on the left has got have a screw loose. I think the exception to that is Darren Huckerby but he doesn''t appear to be on our squad list!

I  only have praise for you and all the other supporters for who are still going to carrow road week in week out to watch the rubbish .

How ever could you not all see what was comming following the arrival of Roeder grant mark 2.Roeder saved ncfc from religation last season rubbish .The board could have appointed Donald duck to take over from Grant following his disaster and would have probably finished in the play offs. If we had not won against sheffield wed we would have been religated.I could see what was to come so i saved my self £400 by not renewing my season ticket .So why oh why did so many of you renew tickets?so its a little late nowto complain as they have your money.Roeder together with the board have distroyed our club religation for sure unless action is taken now.[ps i supported ncfc 40 years ]Any how good luck for the remainder of the looooong season ahead.

I don''t know what salary Roeder is on but as has now been very well-documented we haven''t got two pennies to rub together so where on earth do any of the Roeder-out brigade think we would get hold of the several hundred thousand pounds it would take to pay him off as well as the lackies he''s brought with him who would also probably need to be paid off once a new Manager arrived and decided he didn''t want them. I fully agree his time is up but I''m not holding my breath. I would guess it could take close on a million to get rid of him and his set-up and we certainly ain''t got that kind of money lying around.

An interesting theory from pete_norw. 

I have never heard that one before, but even if it is accurate, it still does not excuse him for the ridiculous line ups he keeps selecting.  For some reason (ego?), he is intent on reinventing the wheel instead of taking what he was handed from Grant and running with it.  He seems determined to try every possible line up that has his stamp on it before settling on the few good things we had going when he took over, as if there would be some shame in adding to our strengths rather than completely dismantling what we did have and starting from scratch. 

The one constant seems to be the board, and they have been in charge of a well supported team for a lot of unsuccessful seasons and a couple of good ones.  It doesn''t seem to matter who the manager is now, but if the one we do have would make sensible line ups choices on a regular basis, maybe we would be mid-table instead of at the bottom.  At least then we would have the illusion of hope.

So pete_, we agree on the board being jackwads, but I am convinced Roeder has done all he was supposed to do (fend off relegation last season) and will continue to do what he always does after saving a team from the drop, which is get them right back into it the following season.