Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

That's it for me!

[quote user="T"]

I assume you are applying the same standards to yourself as you expect of the Board and have already agreed to give control of half your wealth to a billionaire?

[/quote]

It would depend on what the alternative was.  "Lesser of two evils" and "half a loaf better than none" are phrases that spring to mind . . .

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="Jackswan"][quote user="Titanic"]

Why don''t you pull your head out of your arse and see the situation NCFC are in. Exactly the picture you paint if something isn''t done now.

[/quote]Trust me pal boycotting isnt the right option,Your big selling point to any potential investors would be the decent crowds you get for this league.[/quote]

For your information the board have turned down £20m (that''s TWENTY MILLION POUNDS) from a man called Peter Cullum who comes from Norwich (and even played at Carrow Road for Norfolk Schoolboys) and has made his fortune in insurance. 

He''s been on the scene for over a year.  He wanted a majority shareholding but not to buy the club outright so Delia turned him down flat, no discussion, no negotiation, wouldn''t even speak to him.  And a sizeable number of our fans think she was justified.

You have no idea how much of a mess we''re really in. 

[/quote]

SMACK

That was the sound of the hammer hitting the nail on the head !

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="T"]

I assume you are applying the same standards to yourself as you expect of the Board and have already agreed to give control of half your wealth to a billionaire?

[/quote]

It would depend on what the alternative was.  "Lesser of two evils" and "half a loaf better than none" are phrases that spring to mind . . .

[/quote]exactly right PP - what if the economic conditions worsened more than feared???and the recession deepened into a depression???  whats your opinion of the following T (already posted on AGM thread)???"it seems to me the boards strategy is to tough/bluff it out until the

economic crisis stabilizes - at which point they will hope to sell to

the highest bidder,,,i would guess they believe this could happen at

the end of the season, assuming we retain our champs status,,,but what

if, the economic conditions worsened,,,the recession became deeper and

entrenched into a worldwide depression??? or if we were relegated???imo - to get ahead of this curve - the following points should be seriously entertained,,, 1 - there are no cash rich billionaire buyers interested in buying a club like NCFC...2

- the club is virtually worthless presently, and if the world recession

is deeper than feared, or even turns into a great depression - this

will be the case for the foreseeable future3 - if a depression

unfolds, (my best guess is this is a 50-50 possibility) the club will

likely go under, unless the smiths are prepared to cover any losses

over a long period of time - maybe 2-3 years,,,and possibly as much as

upto £4-8m..4 - their strategy would in any case implode if we were relegated,,,and without adequate funding, this is more likely,,,so,

in the above set of conditions - the smiths could stand to lose more

money by continuing to bail the club out, but with no prospect of a

quick (if any) return,,,imo they should seriously ask themselves if

this is a burden they would be prepared to take,,,hand on heart -

''should i stay or should i go?''if i was them, given my track

record since promotion, i would look to exit pdq and write off my

losses...this would be my strategy,,,admit the club is a busted

flush, and look to sell it lock,stock and barrel with no pre-conditions

(except as follows) for a pepercorn £1 to a consortium of cash rich

investors - who are prepared to invest £5-8m each into the club - which

is on top of refinancing the current debt - similar to what happened at

derby and sunderland,,,hopefully an enlarged board of 4-6 investors

could put £20-30m in between them,,,they would have control over what

they wanted to do with the rest of the staff etc...then, i''d take a round the world cruise for 4 months and forget NCFC ever existed...see - its easy if you want too,,,"

[quote user="T"]I would really like to see PC takeover but I just don''t rate hypocrisy as a great human quality.[/quote]

Hi.....When the board go - will you also be out of a job?

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="T"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

exactly right PP - what if the economic conditions worsened more than feared???

and the recession deepened into a depression???  whats your opinion of the following T (already posted on AGM thread)???

"it seems to me the boards strategy is to tough/bluff it out until the economic crisis stabilizes - at which point they will hope to sell to the highest bidder,,,i would guess they believe this could happen at the end of the season, assuming we retain our champs status,,,but what if, the economic conditions worsened,,,the recession became deeper and entrenched into a worldwide depression??? or if we were relegated???

imo - to get ahead of this curve - the following points should be seriously entertained,,,

1 - there are no cash rich billionaire buyers interested in buying a club like NCFC...
2 - the club is virtually worthless presently, and if the world recession is deeper than feared, or even turns into a great depression - this will be the case for the foreseeable future
3 - if a depression unfolds, (my best guess is this is a 50-50 possibility) the club will likely go under, unless the smiths are prepared to cover any losses over a long period of time - maybe 2-3 years,,,and possibly as much as upto £4-8m..
4 - their strategy would in any case implode if we were relegated,,,and without adequate funding, this is more likely,,,

so, in the above set of conditions - the smiths could stand to lose more money by continuing to bail the club out, but with no prospect of a quick (if any) return,,,imo they should seriously ask themselves if this is a burden they would be prepared to take,,,hand on heart - ''should i stay or should i go?''

if i was them, given my track record since promotion, i would look to exit pdq and write off my losses...this would be my strategy,,,

admit the club is a busted flush, and look to sell it lock,stock and barrel with no pre-conditions (except as follows) for a pepercorn £1 to a consortium of cash rich investors - who are prepared to invest £5-8m each into the club - which is on top of refinancing the current debt - similar to what happened at derby and sunderland,,,hopefully an enlarged board of 4-6 investors could put £20-30m in between them,,,they would have control over what they wanted to do with the rest of the staff etc...

then, i''d take a round the world cruise for 4 months and forget NCFC ever existed...

see - its easy if you want too,,,"

[/quote]

I think the main quote is a well argued post - I just have different views of the market . The  problem with the PC offer is it is not half a loaf - it was nothing - a trapped worthless minority unless PC offered an exit route at a later date as part of the deal. I agree the stratetgy is to try to tough it out given the I''m going back to work quote and the quote about the value of the land when we come out of recession.

I don'' t expect a depression. the real economy will undoubtedly get worst next year but the finance markets are already showing signs of recovery with bankers and investors sitting on money which they need to invest next year, together with a general worldwide loosening of fiscal and monetary policy leading to a recovery of the real economy in 2010.

I don''t think we will go into administration as NCFC are clearly on top of the budget given all the complaints about prudence so you can always flex the player wage bill and Roeder is probably right to say that market rate for players will come down next year given the number of clubs in financial difficulty. A significant reduction in crowds could though lead to problems repaying the loans which could lead to administration. I don''t believe there is a dramatic difference in revenues between league 1 and the championship though so  relegation to league 1 does not cause the financial difficulties that relegation from the premiership does. I agree the decision for the Board was to write off their investment or continue to plough money into the club with no certainty but knowing that they is land which has been estimated to be worth 10m in non-recession times so writing off your losses is a valid strategy as is toughing things out as obviously selling out at the bottom of the mkt is generally not a good idea.. Economically very few clubs are worth anything so it just depends what the super rich are willing to pay for them. I don''t believe that there are a few investors out there willing to invest a few million each given the difficuulty clubs have finding new investors and neither does PC which is why he offered nothing to the existing shareholders. and I don''t see how these sorts of comments suggest that I work for a non-profitable organisation in a non-profitable sector. It is just difficult to accept a rational view of the situation when people have genuinely strong emotional feelings about a situation.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Michael Starr"]For the very first time, i''m absolutely without hope :([/quote]

You aren''t alone [:(]

[/quote]

I only hang on now to see Ratty sacked and Smith booted out.........how bloody sad is that?

[/quote]Oh, it''s about what we''d expect from you.

I live away from Norfolk and must admit the trips to home games are now off the weekend plan. Very, very worried about what next year will bring. Listening to CanaryWorld yesterday even lead me to start painting the house - now that is one job I have been putting off for ages - that is how bad things have got.