Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

FAN'S EYE: Where it all comes from is a mystery, Glenn

Just read this. Another really good piece from Mr Aitken. Surely the message must be getting through to the powers that be that they are on the brink? I presume they read the papers and possibly the message boards too. Its time to wake up and smell the coffee NCFC board.

ps I suspect you wont be getting a Xmas card from NCFC this year Adam.

[quote user="Peter"]

Just read this. Another really good piece from Mr Aitken. Surely the message must be getting through to the powers that be that they are on the brink? I presume they read the papers and possibly the message boards too. Its time to wake up and smell the coffee NCFC board.

ps I suspect you wont be getting a Xmas card from NCFC this year Adam.

[/quote]

The board and GR weren''t aware the fans had problems and worries about the club, until the AGM that is, once they are in their ivory towers at CR it seems they are protected pretty much.

Blimey Adam, I was hoping you''d pull no punches with your article this week but you''ve surpassed all my expectations .

Well Done [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Blimey Adam, I was hoping you''d pull no punches with your article this week but you''ve surpassed all my expectations .

Well Done [:)]

[/quote]

All it needs now is for Steve Gedge to turn the screw in the EDP in the morning and representatives from the club will yet again be walking up Rouen Road heading for the Editors office to complain that the local press have it in for them.

Just a pity that Richard Balls is not still on the press payroll as like Adam he was always spot on with his views.

Very well worded article Adam, can tell you would have liked to have made it a bit more colourful, but hey, it had to be printed!

I wonder is anything will be said to Mr Roeder on the subject of his conduct at the AGM? Perhaps at the back of the minds of Messrs Munby, Foulger, Doncaster and Wynn Jones, and not forgetting Delia, is the much wished for emotion of relief.

One, most of the questions were directed at the manager and two, he''s made himself really unpopular. The focus of any unrest can remain on him. Wow, stupid supporters can have another Worthy Out campaign and focus their bile on the manager. Result!!

While Roeder''s true personality in itself may be abhorrent, we need him to find the key to unlocking the potential of this squad. If he can get his tactics right and deliver a finish away from the relegation zone, we might think (or hope) that his words and manner at the AGM, and elsewhere may be forgiven and eventually forgotten.

For some that may well be enough. For me personally, and I stress it''s only my personal opinion, Tuesday night was a very emotional night. Finally I saw just what sort of man was leading our escape plan, and in the future hopefully the man to help us climb out of our decline.

I didn''t like what I saw. Is this man totally responsible for not getting the best out of the players he inherited (those he considered good enough to work with); the mass of prop up loan players, plus our new heroes? If so it would take a very hardened professional to respond to Mr Roeder. And do we have players like that? Doesn''t look like it does it.

We have one or two excellent gifted players (Hoolahan, Bell) that he''s brought in, but has Hoolahan fitted in? No, and why not. I wonder.

I really wanted to love you Mr Roeder, I wanted a man who could inspire the players we had, someone to teach them how to play proper football. Someone who could call on his vast book of contacts. Someone who had done the job at a higher level. Someone who could make us proud of the team again. It hasn''t worked. And I can''t now believe that this man will get us playing consistently well again. The players are confused tactically, playing with fear and some of them not caring what pitch they are on or whose shirt they wear. What a mess.