Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's Report v Swansea

I strolled up Bracondale this afternoon on a gey damp afternoon thinking that conditions would be perfect for a nice open game. Thats the way it panned out for the first 30 minutes as City knocked the ball around well and deservedly went in front. Swansea looked very average and at that point it looked like being a comfortable victory. Then Swansea came out of their shell and began to stretch us quite alarmingly. The offside goal was a warning we did not heed and it did not surprise me when they eventually scored. Bertand was cruelly exposed in a two on one and all the good work that went before was out of the window.

When Pattisons shot came back off the inside of the post on the stroke of half time a little voice in my head said "its not going to be our day". Three agonising minutes into the second half confirmed this feeling as Swansea seemed able to score at will. The third goal came about as Bertrand was again exposed by a two against one. People used to complain that Hucks never tackled back but today I thought Bell was very poor in that aspect of the game. In truth he did very little going forward either.

In my opinion only Doc and Clingan came out of this game with any credit. Hoolahan tried hard but the rest were very much below par and I am left with the feeling of "where do we go to from here". There was plenty of effort on display when we got back to 2-3 but surely nobody can deny that Swansea looked more like getting a fourth than we did an equaliser.

Today was the day when the nail was finally hammered into the coffin of those who still belive we can reach the playoffs. It must be clear to all that this is a fast receeding dream. I would like to think we will survive in this league but every game that goes by makes me less confident.

[quote user="ricardo"]

I strolled up Bracondale this afternoon on a gey damp afternoon thinking that conditions would be perfect for a nice open game. Thats the way it panned out for the first 30 minutes as City knocked the ball around well and deservedly went in front. Swansea looked very average and at that point it looked like being a comfortable victory. Then Swansea came out of their shell and began to stretch us quite alarmingly. The offside goal was a warning we did not heed and it did not surprise me when they eventually scored. Bertand was cruelly exposed in a two on one and all the good work that went before was out of the window.

When Pattisons shot came back off the inside of the post on the stroke of half time a little voice in my head said "its not going to be our day". Three agonising minutes into the second half confirmed this feeling as Swansea seemed able to score at will. The third goal came about as Bertrand was again exposed by a two against one. People used to complain that Hucks never tackled back but today I thought Bell was very poor in that aspect of the game. In truth he did very little going forward either.

In my opinion only Doc and Clingan came out of this game with any credit. Hoolahan tried hard but the rest were very much below par and I am left with the feeling of "where do we go to from here". There was plenty of effort on display when we got back to 2-3 but surely nobody can deny that Swansea looked more like getting a fourth than we did an equaliser.

Today was the day when the nail was finally hammered into the coffin of those who still belive we can reach the playoffs. It must be clear to all that this is a fast receeding dream. I would like to think we will survive in this league but every game that goes by makes me less confident.

[/quote]

I haven''t been confident for quite some time now, sadly.

Agreed, i thought that the highlight of the game was actually when Doc went on them marauding runs down the right side, made me laugh. But one of them was actually followed by a good cut back, and then a Jamie Cureton fluff.

Doc for right wing!! [:p]

The Doc pushing forward down the right wing was a great sight. He showed, as he often does, that he gives everything for Norwich City.

If everyone cared as much as he does then we might get somewhere.

> I would like to think we will survive in this league but every game that goes by makes me less confident.

We''re averaging one point per game so it could be quite tight.

Agreed that we played some nice football today with some neat passing but it was all undone by some poor, poor defending.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="ricardo"]

I strolled up Bracondale this afternoon on a gey damp afternoon....

[/quote]

snigger.

[/quote]

Sorry Delia, one of Rickys typo''s. I''ll have to get a proof reader.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="ricardo"]

I strolled up Bracondale this afternoon on a gey damp afternoon....

[/quote]

snigger.

[/quote]

I''ll have to get a proof reader.

[/quote]

Would have been funny if you "r" key had failed again

[quote user="GJP"]

The Doc pushing forward down the right wing was a great sight. He showed, as he often does, that he gives everything for Norwich City.

[/quote]

I think he''s really come on this season, he looks a lot more assured and is hoofing a lot less, I think he may turn out to be quite important for us this year given the injuries in central defence & the effort he showed when we were pressing near the end.

I was a long time critic of the Doc especially when he was partnered with Shackell, I never doubted his commitment just his abillity.

Thought he was the the best of a bad bunch today.

I was most impressed by Swansea today.... unfortunatly.

[quote user="Steve H"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

I think he''s really come on this season, he looks a lot more assured and is hoofing a lot less, I think he may turn out to be quite important for us this year given the injuries in central defence & the effort he showed when we were pressing near the end.

I was a long time critic of the Doc especially when he was partnered with Shackell, I never doubted his commitment just his abillity.

[/quote]

I think the Doc has been our best defender for a long time now. Much longer than just this season.

As for Swansea... they were a good side and the main reason for them being a good side is because they play a lot of games together.

[quote user="Steve H"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]yeah -  great to see the doc keen to make up for his mistake for the first goal,,,completely outpaced by jason scotland,,,mind you - the worst culprit was plastic - he was outone for first goal, and awol for the other 2 - he must be dropped next game for me,,,

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Steve H"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yeah -  great to see the doc keen to make up for his mistake for the first goal,,,completely outpaced by jason scotland,,,mind you - the worst culprit was plastic - he was outone for first goal, and awol for the other 2 - he must be dropped next game for me,,,
[/quote]

Personally thought that Bell was at fault for not tracking back, left Bertrand 2 on 1, but still he didn''t have a good game and Drury should probably be given a chance.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="Steve H"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yeah -  great to see the doc keen to make up for his mistake for the first goal,,,completely outpaced by jason scotland,,,mind you - the worst culprit was plastic - he was outone for first goal, and awol for the other 2 - he must be dropped next game for me,,,
[/quote]

He should never have been left in a two on one situation LGT. Bell couldn''t beat his back all afternoon but he allowed the back to get away twice for the first and third goal. If anyone is to blame it is Bell not Bertrand.

Rather harsh to blame Doc for the first goal. If either of our defenders had tried to touch the full backs low cross it would have been a O.G.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"],completely outpaced by jason scotland,,,mind you - [/quote]

Outpaced by Scotland??? Surely not.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

Maybe if Bell had played on the right and Pattison on the left this debacle wouldn''t have happened. Roeder had 90 minutes to change it and even when Hoolahan came on he didn''t. But Roeder knows best ..after all..the rest of us have never served as England manager.

Don''t agree with your comment Clingan coming out of the game with credit. He''s been one of Glen''s better acquisitions but that was probably his worst performance today.I thought he was even worse than Fotheringham and that''s not an easy achievement.

Doherty was the best player by miles and he wouldn''t even have been playing but for Dejan''s injury.

And how bad does Bertrand have to play for Drury to get in the side to replace him?

thanks for the report Ricardo.. wasnt at the game so was relying on you!

Really are Dark times ahead....

i managed to hear about 55 minutes in the car before losing the signal towards newmarket... I said at the last home game that Roeder talks us out of wins at half time... i now stand by that.... Swanse had 1 chance from what i heard in the first half and scored... we were piddling all over them...

low and behold half time gets here.. Roeder has his say and the team come out i the 2nd hlaf and completely tits it up.... From the 10 minutes i heard Swansea were all over us....

Was the 2nd half really as one sided as i think it might of been?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

thanks for the report Ricardo.. wasnt at the game so was relying on you!

Really are Dark times ahead....

i managed to hear about 55 minutes in the car before losing the signal towards newmarket... I said at the last home game that Roeder talks us out of wins at half time... i now stand by that.... Swanse had 1 chance from what i heard in the first half and scored... we were piddling all over them...

low and behold half time gets here.. Roeder has his say and the team come out i the 2nd hlaf and completely tits it up.... From the 10 minutes i heard Swansea were all over us....

Was the 2nd half really as one sided as i think it might of been?

jas :)

[/quote]

We were shell shocked for a bit JAS but we did come back into it without ever really looking like getting an equaliser. I was surprised that Swansea didn''t shut up shop but it seemed to me they kept it open because they were confident of being able to score again if needed.

I think the crowd are now starting to turn on the team, GR and the board. I had hoped that we would get some change before this happened but the AGM confirmed to me that there is no intention of doing anything except trying to ride out the storm. In this respect I think they have made the wrong call because I can see an awful bust up coming very soon.

Its a shame but some of us have lived through it before and I am a confident that one way or another there will be better days ahead, although I admit its hard to see when we will get there.