Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

What are we gonna do about it then?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]If you all want someone to buy the club, then start getting in touch with billionaires. No amount of protesting or boycotting is going to make a lot of difference.
[/quote]

Errr, remind me of how Delia got on board in the first place will you........? [:|]

[/quote]

As I remember it Martin Armstrong invited her in return of a couple of miilion. What''s your recollection?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]If you all want someone to buy the club, then start getting in touch with billionaires. No amount of protesting or boycotting is going to make a lot of difference.
[/quote]

Errr, remind me of how Delia got on board in the first place will you........? [:|]

[/quote]

As I remember it Martin Armstrong invited her in return of a couple of miilion. What''s your recollection?[/quote]

That the Chase Out protests relieved us of our then-current Chairman, allowing Watling to buy us out and indirectly leading us to the rise of the Delia Empire.

To be honest if there is not a realistic buyer out there to champion then I can''t see what a protest would achieve. If it was the case (as many suspected previously) that there was someone out there who had publically said they want to buy us but was being blocked then maybe fans protesting might help open the door. As it is, if it is true that PC has said he is not interested any more then there is little the fans can do other than hope Keith Harris comes up with something. To be honest if we are being offered around the site of militant fans protesting and rampaging around Carrow Road would presumably not be halpful in terms of attracting new owners.

A more likely scenario is that more and more of us will continue to drift away as is already happening!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="T"]

1. What is your evidence that the Board has not contacted Keith Harris to find new investment? Making accusation without evidence could be considered libelous.

[/quote]

Its  not libellous if its done by a keyboard warrior hiding behind his anonymity.

[/quote]

Tell that to the Shef Wednesday fans who were sued by members of their board for posts on one of their messageboards recently!

[quote user="Beauseant"]Surely the obvious course of action is to petition Peter Cullum and beg him to buy the club?[/quote]

You could always shame Cullum into it by approaching lots of different TV chefs first.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Time to start protests and boycotts.[/quote]The only course left to fans now.[:(][/quote]

half the fans on here don`t go anyway, could try boycotting the message boards and radio narfalks commentary  [:D]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I remember it Martin Armstrong invited her in return of a couple of miilion. What''s your recollection?[/quote]

That the Chase Out protests relieved us of our then-current Chairman, allowing Watling to buy us out and indirectly leading us to the rise of the Delia Empire.

[/quote]

I thought Watling recruited Martin Armstrong onto the board who realised we had weathy (in those days) fans going to games and invited them onto the board in return for a couple of million. Much in the same way the Turners came in a couple years ago. But Delia and MWJ stuck around and kept putting in. It doesn''t make them saints, it doesn''t mean we have to be grateful. They chose to do it afterall.

But I don''t think it''s right to be ungrateful. Do you?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought Watling recruited Martin Armstrong onto the board who realised we had weathy (in those days) fans going to games and invited them onto the board in return for a couple of million. Much in the same way the Turners came in a couple years ago. But Delia and MWJ stuck around and kept putting in. It doesn''t make them saints, it doesn''t mean we have to be grateful. They chose to do it afterall.

[/quote]

Delia could not have got anywhere near the board if it wasn`t for the protests.  We both know what Chase said about knowing enough was enough when they started to affect his family.  If she could have got involved with Chase still there then why didn`t she do it BEFORE the clubs financial crisis?

So that is clearly a case of protesting making a difference isn`t it?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][

[/quote]

Delia could not have got anywhere near the board if it wasn`t for the protests.  We both know what Chase said about knowing enough was enough when they started to affect his family.  If she could have got involved with Chase still there then why didn`t she do it BEFORE the clubs financial crisis?

[/quote]

No. That''s how Watling got the Shares.

Smith&Jones  got on the board because Watling recruited Armstrong who then actively seeked out new investment.

Talk about spin from the board [*-)]

[quote user="T"]The club have put the club up for sale using the biggest name in selling football clubs so there is little more the club can do. Protests won''t change the economics of football..[/quote]

Can you see the pitch from where you''re typing this?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="T"]The club have put the club up for sale using the biggest name in selling football clubs so there is little more the club can do. Protests won''t change the economics of football..[/quote]

Can you see the pitch from where you''re typing this?

[/quote]

lol..Any way we have one petition up and running,any other good ideas people?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

No. That''s how Watling got the Shares.

Smith&Jones  got on the board because Watling recruited Armstrong who then actively seeked out new investment.

Talk about spin from the board [*-)]

[/quote]

Look up the word "pedantic" nutty, then go and have a lie down.

[quote]

Look up the word "pedantic" nutty, then go and have a lie down.[/quote]

Wow - there''s a picture of you Mr.C.  Admittedly it''s next to a pot and a kettle.

[quote user="T"]

1. What is your evidence that the Board has not contacted Keith Harris to find new investment? Making accusation without evidence could be considered libelous.

2. How will protests change the economics of football other than potentially reducing the revenue of the club?

[/quote]

What, just like we were culpable of slander when we accused her of lying about other things a year or two ago???

You really are clueless aren''t you???

[quote user="Smudger"]

So what do the different fan groups out there have to say about this?

What do the NCISA have to say?  Did you get the answers you were looking for? Would you say that it is time for a protest?  Time to canvas your members???

What about those involved with the Norwich City Kitty?

What about Capital Canaries, Northern Canaries, Yarmouth Yellas, Bury Canaries, Northern Canaries and the Midlands Supporters Branch, or are you lot just happy to continue going to matches win lose or draw and having a few jolly''s while NCFC get sold down the river???

[/quote]

I find myself asking the same question Smudger. I know Tilly tried to involve all the various groups before and didn''t get much response but the situation is critical now and we need all the various groups to come together now and join us fans in the fight to get this club back to one we can be proud of.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

What do the NCISA have to say?  Did you get the answers you were looking for? Would you say that it is time for a protest?  Time to canvas your members???

What about Capital Canaries, Northern Canaries, Yarmouth Yellas, Bury Canaries, Northern Canaries and the Midlands Supporters Branch, or are you lot just happy to continue going to matches win lose or draw and having a few jolly''s while NCFC get sold down the river???

[/quote]

I find myself asking the same question Smudger. I know Tilly tried to involve all the various groups before and didn''t get much response but the situation is critical now and we need all the various groups to come together now and join us fans in the fight to get this club back to one we can be proud of.

[/quote]

Each to their own CA... but I think the comment that was made at the meeting by Andy the other week sums up what most of these so called supporters clubs are all about...

Just a few guys out for some jolly''s on a Saturday afternoon (without being overly concerned over the football on display or the results for our City).

Yes I know that I am very outspoken about it... but it disgust me how nobody seems able to voice their concerns on a Saturday afternoon.

3-1 down just after half-time yeasterday woulod of been an ideal opportunity.

As I have said many times... I will not shout "DELIA OUT" or "Sack the Board" again at Carrow Road until I hear somebody else doing so.

If people are really so angry then why are we not hearing them vent this anger at our matches??? 

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Each to their own CA... but I think the comment that was made at the meeting by Andy the other week sums up what most of these so called supporters clubs are all about...

Just a few guys out for some jolly''s on a Saturday afternoon (without being overly concerned over the football on display or the results for our City).

Yes I know that I am very outspoken about it... but it disgust me how nobody seems able to voice their concerns on a Saturday afternoon.

As I have said many times... I will not shout "DELIA OUT" or "Sack the Board" again at Carrow Road until I hear somebody else doing so.

If people are really so angry then why are we not hearing them vent this anger at our matches??? 

[/quote]

At 3-1 down on Saturday i started to chart "board out" then just plain old "OUT OUT OUT" two people joined in for about 30 seconds then sat down because no one else helped out!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

At 3-1 down on Saturday i started to chart "board out" then just plain old "OUT OUT OUT" two people joined in for about 30 seconds then sat down because no one else helped out!!

[/quote]

Send me a PM then Phat...

I will meet you in a pub with a few others if needs be before a game and go and hurl some abuse at Delia & Co