Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Matchday Entertainment. a change in subject....

I wonder if anyone else who attends the home games has found that the Prematch and halftime entertainment sucks lately.  What was the point of the kids and the utterly pointless keepy uppy challenge?  It was won by a tie break question.  how seriously boring and unfair is that.  I take nothing away from those kids as they showed some good talent in keeping the ball up for 20 or 30 kicks.  Well done on that part. its certainly more than i can do.  lol.  Anyways my point is this.  it is boring and needs a rethink once again. Last year i raised this issue with great responses and suggestions.  Eventually the roll the ball thing was scrapped and the Crossbar Challenge brought back.  This would be better than nothing.  As for the Aviva Diva''s. holy crap they suck.  they aint in syc with each other and the routine is remoniscent of a night club brawl.  Its good for Norwich to have Cheerleaders etc but c''mon they can be better than that.   So heres the point.  What would you folks like to see going on around the actual match? lets hear your ideas once again. Do you want something more interesting or you just dont care? either way what do you think?I think that the Crossbar challenge would be welcomed back anyday. and the diva''s should have a 5 a side game or a custard wrestling match in the centre circle. ok im joking on that.  I thought the mascots race was a laugh. How about Mascot Boxing?? Splat the cat thinking hes John Thaxton would be funny. How about 2 Fans from each side start at the halfway line, dribble the ball around some cones and try to score against the opposing mascot in goal? (this has been done at White hart lane). theres tone more but lets get yours?

I think the best half time entertainment I have personally seen at Carrow Road was either at the Man City home game in the premiership season before Delias outburst a troop from the army abseiled down the city stand  and paraded on the pitch. The other, the game escapes me, was a hand to hand combat display by the Marines.

The cross bar challange was ok but I preffered the idea from the Richo Arena on the opening day. A number printed on a program was picked at random before half time and the winner had to go on to the pitch and (don''t quote me on this part as I was in the bar) had to score from different distances (6yrd, penalty spot, 18yrd, 35yrd and half way line) and you had to gambe the prize money up with each distance (£5, £10, £50, £1,000) .

[quote user="jacktungate"]

I think the best half time entertainment I have personally seen at Carrow Road was either at the Man City home game in the premiership season before Delias outburst a troop from the army abseiled down the city stand  and paraded on the pitch. The other, the game escapes me, was a hand to hand combat display by the Marines.

The cross bar challange was ok but I preffered the idea from the Richo Arena on the opening day. A number printed on a program was picked at random before half time and the winner had to go on to the pitch and (don''t quote me on this part as I was in the bar) had to score from different distances (6yrd, penalty spot, 18yrd, 35yrd and half way line) and you had to gambe the prize money up with each distance (£5, £10, £50, £1,000) .

[/quote]

You just know that someone from the City stand will win that prize and get their butler to take the shots.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="jacktungate"]

[/quote]

You just know that someone from the City stand will win that prize and get their butler to take the shots.

[/quote]Wonder if Huck''s buys a Programme?  [:D]

Local Schools 5-a-side on the pitch at half time? Sheff utd do it and it works well.Norwich fans vs. Away fans penalty shoot-out with an academy goalkeeper?No music, merely a self-generated atmosphere?

we could bring back the matchs of local teams that used to play before kickoff, these are now played before the ground is even open, i used to like watchin them play.

lol the lager is pretty poor...

the entertainment was pretty rubbish and had me feeling really nervous for the kids doing the kick ups... i would have got to 26 and started to get wobbly!

Can i also add that it''s slightly weird seeing all these jeering fans gorking at the 14/15 yr old cheerleaders... running without sports bras on... lol... one of the girls must have had black eyes that evening... too much? :)

What about everyone writes their name on a £20 note then makes it into a paper aeroplane and throws it onto the pitch? Whoever lands closest to the centre spot would win a meal for two or something.

[quote user="canarytom"]Mine would involve an attractive lady with some strong pelvic floor muscles and a bag of ping pong balls![/quote]

do you do pilates?

My idea, Monkey Tennis

Do we really have to be entertained at half-time?. 15 minutes without compulsory entertainment would be a something to look forward to.

[quote user="Jameswallis"]

lol the lager is pretty poor...

the entertainment was pretty rubbish and had me feeling really nervous for the kids doing the kick ups... i would have got to 26 and started to get wobbly!

Can i also add that it''s slightly weird seeing all these jeering fans gorking at the 14/15 yr old cheerleaders... running without sports bras on... lol... one of the girls must have had black eyes that evening... too much? :)

[/quote]The Aviva Divas are UEA students.  they are the UEA cheerleaders.  therefore they are over 16/17 and help the guys in the stands not to feel like perverts. wold you prefer 20+ Katie Prices on the pitch doing head high kicks????  lmao

I think if we had a screen in the ground then we would be able to show past goals and highlights from past games, that would be good!

personally, i think before you criticise the cheerleaders you should consider how difficult it is to stunt on a wet, slippy football pitch when usually they perform indoors on sprung mats.  obviously they''re not going to be able to perform to their best with such adverse conditions.  cheerleading is a difficult and dangerous sport so clearly they are going to be wary before performing complicated stunts.  and they do not suck, as you so eloquently put it...have you ever attempted to throw a girl 8 foot in the air successfully...i very much doubt it.  maybe you should remeber that cheerleading is a discipline that isn''t easily learnt and as the performances have so far come very early into the university semester they are using complete rookies and so what they are doing IS actually good.  also, at the last performance the music skipped part way through which might explain why they weren''t in sync, as the routine physically couldn''t go according to plan.  rant over.

oh and i can''t say i''ve ever witnessed a night club brawl featuring stunting!

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="canarytom"]Mine would involve an attractive lady with some strong pelvic floor muscles and a bag of ping pong balls![/quote]

do you do pilates?

My idea, Monkey Tennis

[/quote]

No why, do they do that there? If so sign me up!

I take it trying for 20 minutes to get served at the bar counts as matchday entertainment. Somehow the resulting liquid - none of them taste of what they are supposed to - disappoint.

I am left now discussing the first half with hardy souls around me. Or seeing how many chocolates I can eat, watching the pitchfork formation team......realising that only the same few people ever win the 101 club draw......count the away fans. Enquire whether CA is still awake in the City Stand. Look at Nutty sitting on his fence....

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I take it trying for 20 minutes to get served at the bar counts as matchday entertainment. Somehow the resulting liquid - none of them taste of what they are supposed to - disappoint.

I am left now discussing the first half with hardy souls around me. Or seeing how many chocolates I can eat, watching the pitchfork formation team......realising that only the same few people ever win the 101 club draw......count the away fans. Enquire whether CA is still awake in the City Stand. Look at Nutty sitting on his fence....[/quote]I was left utterly demoralized when having ordered and got my pint of cooking lager (waiting the full obligatory 20mins), they had run out of Haribo mix.  Does''nt get much worse.