Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

How can we not compete with Burnley (4th in the table)

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

Season after season, Burnley are up there competing near the top yet NCFC with double the gates don''t get anywhere near the top.

Now why do you think that is the case?

[/quote]

Don''t allow the facts to get in the way as you shoot your arrows Canary Nut. Why don''t you have a word with Crafty and seek guidance. 

Simple really Nut, they MUST have a muti millionaire who is throwing money at the club haven''t they?  NO

Then thay must have a good manager who can install confidence and get the best out of the TEAM  - yep that''s the difference IMO

Same as Swansea who have built a good solid team why can''t we do it.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

Season after season, Burnley are up there competing near the top yet NCFC with double the gates don''t get anywhere near the top.

[/quote]

Don''t allow the facts to get in the way as you shoot your arrows Canary Nut. Why don''t you have a word with Crafty and seek guidance. 

[/quote]

He doesn''t need to as for the last 3 and a third seasons on gates averaging around 12000 Burnley and City''s positions have been:

2005/6  City 9th  Burnley 17th

2006/7  City 16th  Burnley 15th

2007/8  City 17th  Burnley 13th

2008/9  City 19th  Burnley 4th

So as we continue our gradual decline into League One, Burnley continue their gradual climb towards the top 6. The basic reason of course is the complete mismanagement of our club by the belligerent trout and her cronies.

Now be a good chap and bugger back off to the MSL where football has no connection.

[/quote]Because they have faith in their players, dont fill the squad with loans and have Robbie Blake I think?..... a permanent striker that we could only dream about at the minute.

They have a team who have the believe and the faith that they can go to Chelsea, and win. And then, actually win!

Whereas on our last 3 visits to Chelsea we''ve been hammered 4-0. What is it with Norwich? Why do we never give it a go? Probably because they know that whatever happens, their fans and majority shareholder had ''a nice day out''

Maybe its because they know the fans are fickle enough to go and buy another 20,000 season tickets next season. They get their money, we get our football.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He doesn''t need to as for the last 3 and a third seasons on gates averaging around 12000 Burnley and City''s positions have been:

2005/6  City 9th  Burnley 17th

2006/7  City 16th  Burnley 15th

2007/8  City 17th  Burnley 13th

2008/9  City 19th  Burnley 4th

So as we continue our gradual decline into League One, Burnley continue their gradual climb towards the top 6. The basic reason of course is the complete mismanagement of our club by the belligerent trout and her cronies.

Now be a good chap and bugger back off to the MSL where football has no connection.

[/quote]

"Gradual climbs" are for rock climbers Crafty. Now why don''t you be a good chap and, if you want to compare the fortunes of a couple of football clubs, rather than being narrow-minded and just taking a look at the past couple of seasons take a look at the bigger picture.

Since our current owners have had control of the club, during the past twelve completed seasons, Norwich has finished above Burnley nine times and, in one of the three seasons that we will give credit to Burnley, the clubs were tied on points two seasons ago. In fact, if one looked at the average finish of the two clubs in English football during that dozen seasons, Norwich have clearly been well above Burnley, and so we should have been. It''s also worth point out that, during that period, Burnley fans had to endure four seasons of football in the third level, and came within a whisker of going down to the fourth level. Also, no winning of a championship for Burnley during that time or participation in the Premiership. Those Burnley fans have sure had much more to enjoy than Norwich fans Crafty, but let''s not let the facts get in the way.

Now, of course, we''re going through a tough old time right now but football is a funny old game. More than a few posters have pointed out the ambition of Hull and what they have performed like this season ( to date ). However, it''s worth pointing out that last season, despite our disastrous start, by the third week of October Hull were only 4 points ahead of Norwich. By mid February they were still only 4 points ahead of Norwich. Not many would have predicted the outcome for Hull at that point.   

Chin up old chap! That''s the spirit.

its been reported on here before, that burnley do have a rich owner who bankrolls the club - and it seems like every other rich owner he is looking to get other investors on board too - thats why burnley were able to reinvest all of the lafferty £3m sale and more back into the squad in the summer,,,yep - just like unfashionable hull and stoke before them, burnley (and even wolves. cardiff, swansea and even plymouth (who went over budget this summer)  - have rich owners prepared to have a punt with no certainty of return,,,meanwhile at carra - we''re trying to plug black holes - ouch...

I admire Burnley and think this could be their season..... Good luck to them if it is...

us on the other hand.... well... When Burnley are at Stamford Bridge we will be at Gresty road.....

jas :)

[/quote]Why is it that posters are once again comparing attendances to league position?  Attendances are only one part of a clubs revenue streams.The main reason any team is competitive is down to a settled side.  Look at any side in the top 6 (in any season) and you will see that these teams tend to use less players and regularly field the same side in successive games.  This is true for all leagues.Until Norwich are able to field a regular team (irrespective if these players are ''loan'' or ''owned'') then the team will always struggle.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I admire Burnley and think this could be their season..... Good luck to them if it is...

us on the other hand.... well... When Burnley are at Stamford Bridge we will be at Gresty road.....

jas :)

[/quote]agreed jas - so did adie boothroyd after watford played them earlier this season - he said they just son''t give up, and keep going until the final whistle,,,a spirit like that in the team is something money can''t buy - its makes then dangerous and likely to overperform as a team and individually,,,

[quote user="Rethinking the future"][quote user="Canary Nut"]

[/quote]

Until Norwich are able to field a regular team (irrespective if these players are ''loan'' or ''owned'') then the team will always struggle.

[/quote]

It would help if we had four good experienced strikers, including two target men in the squad.

Hey Cranky Yanky,

Just look at Swansea and Plymouth if you dont like Burnley.

BTW. How is your car industry doing?

Have a nice day!

[/quote]

Why don''t you look at them Canary Nut? I don''t mind helping give you a leg up in order for you to see the bigger picture but even a school teacher expects that students will do homework. Here''s a hint....I doubt that Swansea and Plymouth have enjoyed an average league position above Norwich over the past completed  twelve seasons. With respect to this season, as I pointed out to you in the Hull example, it''s early days.

The U.S. car industry has long been the architect of its own issues. It would get no bail-out from me if it was my decision.

We (Swansea) dont have rich owners at all. Just a group of local businessmen who are fans, and the supporters trust owns about 20%.We are doing as well as we are because they have kept the purse strings tight and havent yielded to big egos demanding too much money like Andy Robinson and Trundle. Roberto Martinez is the top young manager in the country and will take us to the premiership eventually. We are very lucky to have him.Hope you lot can sort yourselves out. Always had a soft spot. When I was a kid I liked the yellow and Jeremy Goss used to score some amazing goals if I remember rightly.

YankeeCanary - Can I thank you for pointing out the blindingly obvious? Such a shame that nobody else seems to have actually read your comments or is it that they are just too stupid to understand?

Football is about the here and now and the fact is we are in gradual decline and Burnley alonfg with many other less well supported clubs are on the up.

As for the past 12 seasons why stop there. Let''s look at the whole histories. Burnley have ben Champions of England twice, runners up twice, FA Cup winners once and beaten finalists twice. How do we compare? We don''t, we won''t and never will until the complacent lil'' o0l'' Naaarwich mentality is surgiacally removed from our club.    

[quote user="crafty canary"]

Football is about the here and now and the fact is we are in gradual decline and Burnley alonfg with many other less well supported clubs are on the up.

As for the past 12 seasons why stop there. Let''s look at the whole histories. Burnley have ben Champions of England twice, runners up twice, FA Cup winners once and beaten finalists twice. How do we compare? We don''t, we won''t and never will until the complacent lil'' o0l'' Naaarwich mentality is surgiacally removed from our club.    

[/quote]

Oh! So your complaining doesn''t stop with the present Norwich Board but those that have been associated with the whole history of the club. Thank you for clarifying that. Perhaps we''ll give you the "Moaner Of The Century" award, although you do have lots of competition. Burnley''s accomplishments were in a time when the football scene was very different in England. Obviously, their track record since that time has been, overall, a significant fall from those heady days. I appreciate that''s difficult for you to understand given your "here and now" mentality. I think you''re running out of steam. Time you turned things back over to Canary Nut.  

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]YankeeCanary - Can I thank you for pointing out the blindingly obvious? Such a shame that nobody else seems to have actually read your comments or is it that they are just too stupid to understand?[/quote]

I like the way you think Delia, but I couldn''t possibly comment.

crowd doesnt make a team, look at leeds!

shouldnt norwich be above wigan, fulham, portsmouth, stoke, hull etc.... in your opinion?

load of rubbish these clubs have earned their right to be where they are

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]

Oh! So your complaining doesn''t stop with the present Norwich Board but those that have been associated with the whole history of the club. Thank you for clarifying that. Perhaps we''ll give you the "Moaner Of The Century" award, although you do have lots of competition. Burnley''s accomplishments were in a time when the football scene was very different in England. Obviously, their track record since that time has been, overall, a significant fall from those heady days. I appreciate that''s difficult for you to understand given your "here and now" mentality. I think you''re running out of steam. Time you turned things back over to Canary Nut.  

[/quote]

Funny I can''t see where I have complained about everyone associated with NCFC throughout its history. That would be a bit silly as it would include my own father. I was merely pointing out the crassness of your selective comparison of the two clubs.

Whilst you may think that the trout and Co are p*sing 5 star brandy many of us believe they are doing their best to return us us to our status of 50 years ago.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Funny I can''t see where I have complained about everyone associated with NCFC throughout its history. That would be a bit silly as it would include my own father. I was merely pointing out the crassness of your selective comparison of the two clubs.

Whilst you may think that the trout and Co are p*sing 5 star brandy many of us believe they are doing their best to return us us to our status of 50 years ago.

[/quote]

You are Robert Chase Jr. and I claim my £5.

[quote user="crafty canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

....and you''re posting this kind of negative nonsense while a match is in progress....that we are leading in. What kind of supporter does that make you?

Part of the problem in this b!tchfest is that the original commenters message was taken out of context because it was misread.  He said Burnley spent a lot of time doing well, nothing about how they finished the seasons.  For that, he is likely right at leats over recent years.  Maybe in the end they finish mid table, but they do seem to spend a lot of time flirting with the top 6, and if we had been doing that instead of climbing from the depths, even if we finished midtable in the end, things would be a lot more positive here.