Sign in to follow this  
Sidney James

Tue Nov 25 Crystal Palace - we MUST Protest!!!

I urge you all to join me and others who are fed up to the back teeth of the way this club is run and protest at the palace match. How much more of this dross must we put up with?

Clueless manager, potless board, spin doctor Doncaster - we deserve better!

We are the best supported club home and away in this league and more so than a good few in the Premiership.

Time for a change, make a stand and be heard for once, rather than hiding behind a keyboard!

Action must be taken.

Im openm to ideas - a minutes silence? Protest outside the stand? Chants? Any ideas?

We must do something, we cant keep quiet anymore.

Actions speak louder than words, we must make them sit up and listen, rather than settling for this mess.

Lets arrange this officially and strongly.

This club has so much potential and its being ruined by a publicity hungry cook and a incompetent manager!

Its time for a change from top to bottom!!!

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]

I urge you all to join me and others who are fed up to the back teeth of the way this club is run and protest at the palace match. How much more of this dross must we put up with?

[/quote]Enough to get the Jarrold regulars up and angry. What that would take I don''t know. [:(]

I wish you luck, most fans in the Barclay did not even boo at the end today!

Forget it mate, its not worth trying to organise, most of our fans seem happy to put up with what ever cr*p is served up each week.

Roeder out!

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Marlingford Canary"]

[/quote]

Enough to get the Jarrold regulars up and angry. What that would take I don''t know. [:(]

[/quote]

A rise in the price of tea cosies? I don''t think anything could get the jarrold stand regulars out of their seats but a cold sharp winter might see a few off.

[quote user="The Lucky Nine"]

[/quote]The apathy of the majority is what keeps the powers that be from acting. S*it, isn''t it?

What exactly is the point of protesting? Delia is trying to sell up, there is nothing more she can do, what is a protest going to achieve? is it going to make a potential investor suddenly materialise out of thin air and buy us out? The only thing we can do is sit it out and be patient.

[quote user="ellis206"]What exactly is the point of protesting? Delia is trying to sell up, there is nothing more she can do, what is a protest going to achieve? is it going to make a potential investor suddenly materialise out of thin air and buy us out? The only thing we can do is sit it out and be patient. [/quote]Looking forward to your trip to Tranmere next season? [;)]

[quote user="ellis206"]What exactly is the point of protesting? Delia is trying to sell up, there is nothing more she can do, what is a protest going to achieve? is it going to make a potential investor suddenly materialise out of thin air and buy us out? The only thing we can do is sit it out and be patient.
[/quote]

Its bloody spineless fans like you ellis that will finish our club once and for all. Why not change your name to Nero!.

Delia claims she is trying to sell.  Seems to me she has put up a lot of barriers to stop any sale going through.

A protest might let her know that the fans have had enough of her and her clueless board.  At the AGM she was asked about the dire atmoshpere at Carrow Road (by Andy I think) and she said she had not even noticed!!!

At the AGM she was asked about the dire atmoshpere at Carrow Road (by Andy I think) and she said she had not even noticed!!!

[/quote]She does face the Jarrold.

[quote user="ellis206"]What exactly is the point of protesting? Delia is trying to sell up, there is nothing more she can do, what is a protest going to achieve? is it going to make a potential investor suddenly materialise out of thin air and buy us out? The only thing we can do is sit it out and be patient.
[/quote]

Thats exactly the sort of attitude and type of supporter who will be happy clappy when we are playing the likes of Yeovil.

No offence mate, but theres still a lot of people out there like you who are just happy to sit back and let this mess happen.

We need to take action before its too late. I know its going to be hard to organise but what can we do?

How about a boycott or a minutes silence when the players come out to on the ball city?

So, can one of you actually answer Ellis'' question? Because i''ve got to say i''m a bit confused by it all too.

As for Tranmere away, yeah, i''ll look forward to it, should relegation happen. Because i''ll still be supporting the club and going to the games, regardless of what divison we''re playing in, because supporting NCFC goes beyond the current owner, manager, board, players, etc.

Presumably, you''ll be sitting at home listening on the radio (at best) and thinking about what a good fan you are, yeah?

More and more people are slowly starting to see this club for what it is.

Ive been privelidged to see us win at Old trafford, Anfield, Highbury, Bayern Munich, win the Milk Cup and now I spend my saturdays seeing us getting hammered by the likes of Swansea and squeezing wins out against the likes of doncaster and Plymouth. Its not good enough! We have the best fans in this league and 1 of the best in the country - our support deserves more!

Hell no, I''ll be at the game because I agree with your sentiments. Being loyal, however, does not mean I should be submissive about the club''s current plight.As for what good protesting will do, with any luck it will force the board into actually giving Roeder an ultimatum, to show him that they''re on his back and will not tolerate bad results. If he walks or is sacked, I am sure there are plenty of potentially very good manager who know how to make the most of what the have after having managed success on smaller budgets with less prestigious clubs.

To ? and ellis, to answer your question....

One it will put pressure on the tactical failure, poor man manager, and damn right rude Glenn Roeder.

Two it will draw the attention that we are not happy to sit back and put up with this while Delia sits back and lets it happen in the unlikely event that an investor comes along and meets her 100 demands for being the "right person". How much criteria has a new invester got to have at the moment?

Billionare - check

Norfolk born - check

NCFC Fan - check

Close friend or relative of Delia and michael - NO! , oh we cant have him then can we!

Fair play then, Flashheart. But i do get worried by all these people who''d not renew or bother going just because we got relegated. Especially when they have the cheek to call themselves true supporters too. Lousy lot of Johnny-come-latelys.

As for the Roeder thing, i just can''t see it happening. Honestly, could we afford to sack him, even if the board wanted to? I very much doubt it.

I fear Ellis is right, we just need to be patient and hope someone comes in. Hopefully i''m wrong and something can be done, but i just can''t see it.

I very much doubt a man like Harris would be wasting his time on NCFC if Delia still had her little list of criteria for investment...

? : I was thinking something similar this afternoon, sir. I have a niggling feeling she just wants out and will hand it over to whoever offers her a fair price for it. I''m not sure if that''s a good thing or not to be honest, especially with all the dissent from the stands at Loftus Road. Do we really want our club in the hands of someone who doesn''t much care? Hm.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]? : I was thinking something similar this afternoon, sir. I have a niggling feeling she just wants out and will hand it over to whoever offers her a fair price for it. I''m not sure if that''s a good thing or not to be honest, especially with all the dissent from the stands at Loftus Road. Do we really want our club in the hands of someone who doesn''t much care? Hm.
[/quote]

I think you''re right here. I don''t believe she will be deliberately obstructive; I think she wants out.  

macdougall : the way I see it is that she thought she had a buyer in the Turners. They were life-long supporters, had cash, business know-how and dedication, not the sort of people that would abuse the loyalty of supporters by jacking up ticket prices or turning the club into their own little play thing. Indeed, because she thought she had a buyer in the Turners, she told Cullum to bugger off since the deal was more or less already done. Now it''s fallen through and she''s getting more criticism and out-right abuse than ever, she''s probably just looking for someone to take the reigns off her and make the nightmare end. The question which remains though is this : would we be content with a new owner who treats Norwich City like Abramovich treats Chelsea? I must say, I''m just not sure.

And that''s the ten thousand dollar question, isn''t it Flashheart?

''Tis a conundrum. But as a supporter, whatever happens, all i can be sure of is that i''ll still be there singin'' and enjoyin'' myself as best i can.

Kudos for the username, by the way!

If Norwich find a foreign buyer with billions to inject straight into the club to make us the next Chelsea then I''ll still be there singin'' and enjoyin'' myself as best I can... if I can afford it. What''s a ticket to Stamford Bridge worth nowadays? I hear prices have rocketed at Loftus Road as well. [:S]

Forget it mate, its not worth trying to organise, most of our fans seem happy to put up with what ever cr*p is served up each week.

Roeder out!

[/quote]

I believe you''re connected with Capital canaries so how about your group getting together with others to find a way forward ?

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]We all expect that, MC, but what is needed is a manager who can mastermind such a performance. He looked pretty clueless today.
[/quote]

He has done for a while mate.

Good username, one of my favourite comedy charecters, although from Blackadder you cant beat General melchadt.

[quote user="Marlingford Canary"]

Clueless manager, potless board, spin doctor Doncaster - we deserve better!

We are the best supported club home and away in this league and more so than a good few in the Premiership.

Time for a change, make a stand and be heard for once, rather than hiding behind a keyboard!

Action must be taken.

Im openm to ideas - a minutes silence? Protest outside the stand? Chants? Any ideas?

We must do something, we cant keep quiet anymore.

Actions speak louder than words, we must make them sit up and listen, rather than settling for this mess.

Lets arrange this officially and strongly.

This club has so much potential and its being ruined by a publicity hungry cook and a incompetent manager!

Its time for a change from top to bottom!!!

[/quote]

I agree MC, but cant see it happening. Too many people with either there heads in the sand, or think Norwich is one big happy family and we should just settle for what we get. Sad really but true. Good luck though, my sons chum Lee Oliver tried a simular thing a couple of years before moving away from Norwich, back to no success, but i think more people are seeing the problems stem further than just the manager. keep me up to date with this please. be intresting to see if it gets off the ground this time, I mean lets face it we cant be any worse off than we are. When Carl Moore pulls the plug we are stuffed.