Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Johansson

According to Yahoo we have rekindled our interest in him and Curbishly would be prepared to consider an offer. We allegedly had £300,000 turned down before the season.

Having seen the shambles at Bolton, I would have thought Curbishly needs all the help he can get!

He looks pretty good on paper (Soccerbase) but does anyone have a more experienced opinion of his style of play?

Would be good to add some height to our team. Sven just doesn''t really look cut out for it. He has always seemed like he has wanted everything gifted to him on a plate. JJ would fit worthys mould as he can play more than 1 position, ie, right wing or striker

He has got be a damned sight better than Scowcroft - he has missed a lot of games through injury though and I am not sure that he is really a target man - more a big striker with a preference to play on the floor...

Only 2 weeks left before the transfer window closes - times running out for those two missing pieces of the jigsaw...

He is NOT a target man. if you speak to Charlton fasn they all say he is very quick, is a decent finisher and has ability but that he is quite lightweight and gets knocked off the ball a lot.

Would eb a good signing but people should not say things like "he will add height to the team" as that is not the type of player he is!

Very heavily linked with him on Sky - we are quoted as favourites to sign him. Maybe Worthy is going for a quick and skilful as opposed to tradititional English - type front man to keep us in the Prem? Johansson always looked a very handy player to me, and with the amount of arse licking Worthy has done re; "Doing it the Charlton way" of late, we may get him for a snip.

I for one am excited about the prospect of signing him!

Could we really have Svensson, Jonson and Johansson in the same team? We''d certainly have most of Scandinavia covered then, with Helveg too! LOL

JJ would be a great signing.

Although i feel Svensson CAN do it.

JJ would be so much better!

DD: Steeno is from denmark, Johansson from finland. The difference between the two languages is probably greater than the difference between swedish and english. But, I do think that Johansson is born i stockholm but the family quickly moved to finland, so he probably speak swedish as well, wich means he might understand a bit of steenos danish.

Enough of that.

From what i´ve seen of him, he looks like a quite good signing. He´s goal record in the prem is higher than svensson´s and while he was at rangers he played very well.
Agree with some posting above, probably he isn´t the big striker we are looking for.

What about Malcolm Christie? Probably out of favour at middlesbrough

I read the report slightly differently - JJ not asking to move, quite happy at CAFC but he is looking to secure his long term future and will listen to any offers that come along, presumably including any that come after CAFC have agreed a fee?

Not dead but JJ hardly publically busting a gut to get here.

OTBC

i agree zipper.

This could mean..................

To be honest zipper, I think Johansson probably wants to leave but if you are sold without requesting a transfer I beleive you receive a fee.

Sorry calle. My knowledge of Scandanavian languages is, at best, severly limited!! Malcolm Christie is most definitely out of favour at Boro and way down the pecking order. You have to ask why though? He''s never really cut it there. Although he showed great promise at Derby he''s never really delivered on the Prem stage.

Keep the faith

Saint canary I think you have hit the nail on the head JJ has no real future at charlton but is quite happy to keep the club and fans happy by saying the rights words and not rock the boat but is probably still being pushed as available by his agent and maybe the club too.

The new striker search saga continues...

OTBC

JJ signing is on the fantasy signing board that is football rumours, along with training ground sightings of Christophe Dugarry and Jan Koller!!!

Clearly we wont be signing Jonaton then!

I heard NW to make a triple swoop for Zidane, Ronaldo and Christian Vieri to boost the squad. All of whom have been spotted at Waterstones buying Delia Smith cook books and Alan Partridges auto-biography to learn more about Norwich.

Seriously though I don''t know if JJ would be a good signing or not but if he signs and wants to play and work hard for the club i''m all for it!

I have seen the Jan Koller rumour and have to say I think it would be worth pursuing. If NW wants to continue to play with a big''un and a quick''un up front (there are other ways of playing but if Nw is happy then I am too...) then he would fit the bill as he has great experience and isn''t afraid to get stuck in.

The old chestnuts of wages and fees are clearly a hurdle but should they be overcome Koller would be a perfect target man to fit into NW''s current tactics.

Dirty Lyle I have to agree with you that Big Jan would be worth signing (his performance against Holland was a text book example of how to play big man up to international level) but last I heard Dortmund were looking for £7m for him. While I am all for splashing a bit of cash even I feel that is a bit OTT.

OTBC