Sign in to follow this  
reg

RYAN TAYLOR ON LOAN

It is in the sun gossip today that wigan are going to send Ryan Taylor to Norwich to get him match fit. Nice to think thats all we are good for.

Is there a limit to the number of loans a team can have over the whole season? at the minute we have a few loans that are not allowed to get into the 16 because of the rules.

you going be left right in the sh!tter next summer if you dont start buying players and building on your squad

anyone actually realise that next summer you be in the exact same situation as you were this summer?

i think mr.roeder will be loaning another batch of people next summer as you have very small squad of permanent players

maybe all great but where will norwich city stand when eventually (as it always will happen in the end) roeder leaves or most likely sacked?

[quote user="Barclayend66"]Is there a limit to the number of loans a team can have over the whole season? at the minute we have a few loans that are not allowed to get into the 16 because of the rules.[/quote]

I''m fairly sure we can only have 9 over the course of the season. I think emergency loans don''t count and of course Lupoli and kennedy don''t count either.

Even so we must be up to 6 which would only allow us 3 more in Jan.

I may however be completely wrong about the overall number allowed!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Barclayend66"]Is there a limit to the number of loans a team can have over the whole season? at the minute we have a few loans that are not allowed to get into the 16 because of the rules.[/quote]

I''m fairly sure we can only have 9 over the course of the season. I think emergency loans don''t count and of course Lupoli and kennedy don''t count either.

[/quote]

football manager rules lol

anyways i dont get where your money gone, i know you dont have the answers and wondering the same but you had promotion money, 2x parchute payments, sold players ashton, green, earnshaw, etuhu, safri, shackell etc.....

then you not really paid alot for anyone bar marshall and earnshaw (who you sold)

something just doesnt add up 

I often wonder about this too we8, we got over £10m from Earnshaw and

Ashton alone, but where''s the money gone? Into Delia and MWJ''s pockets?

Who knows, I want answers [:@]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

He must be good. [:|]

Year : 2008::
Games : 1
Starting Line-up : 0
Substitutions : 1
Goals : 0
Penalties : 0
Yellow Cards : 0
Red Cards : 0
Minutes Played : 9

05-06Wigan Athletic 11 Games (-)
06-07Wigan Athletic 1 Goals, 16 Games (-)
07-08Wigan Athletic 3 Goals, 17 Games (-)
08-09Wigan Athletic 1 Games (-)

[/quote]

i stand corrected

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

On less you are one of the teams that the F A deems that its o k to field more than your quota of loan players for a match....arrdee.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

He must be good. [:|]

Year : 2008::
Games : 1
Starting Line-up : 0
Substitutions : 1
Goals : 0
Penalties : 0
Yellow Cards : 0
Red Cards : 0
Minutes Played : 9

05-06Wigan Athletic 11 Games (-)
06-07Wigan Athletic 1 Goals, 16 Games (-)
07-08Wigan Athletic 3 Goals, 17 Games (-)
08-09Wigan Athletic 1 Games (-)

[/quote]

i stand corrected

[/quote]

Now that is what we have always needed, A tried and tested player,

perhaps I should give Glenn a ring, bloody good Keeper in my day let me tell you  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Now that is what we have always needed, A tried and tested player,

perhaps I should give Glenn a ring, bloody good Keeper in my day let me tell you  

[/quote]The amount of people on this thread that have no basic knowledge of our division, and "lower league" (even though he''s a premiership player!) footballers is frightening."Oooh, no thanks, we don''t want no premiership player, particularly not an England U-21 international, cos I hant never heard of him".Come on, read up on football and give the pointless, negative barbs a rest for once.

[quote user="reg"]It is in the sun gossip today that wigan are going to send Ryan Taylor to Norwich to get him match fit. Nice to think thats all we are good for.[/quote]I would have Ryan Taylor any day, hes a class act and sh*ts all over Otsemober and Omnuzi.However, why The Sun thinks we need a third right back is beyond me.

[quote user="Elliot Osumuzio"]I often wonder about this too we8, we got over £10m from Earnshaw and

Who knows, I want answers [:@][/quote]Why dont you think about your posts? We paid £3.5m for Ashton.We sell Ashton for £7mWe buy Earnshaw for £3mWe sell Earnshaw for £3.5What you are actually asking is where has £3.5 million gone. The answer is a 350k sign on bonus, and £1million a year in wages for both.Thats where it has gone. I dislike DS and MWJ just like you,  but a bit of common sense doesnt half do wonders for your argument.

[quote user="Elliot Osumuzio"]I often wonder about this too we8, we got over £10m from Earnshaw and Ashton alone, but where''s the money gone? Into Delia and MWJ''s pockets? Who knows, I want answers [:@][/quote]

The club accounts show that Delia & MWJ take absolutely nothing out of the club.  It has also been well documented that Championship clubs lose on average about £2m a year.  Does that explain where the money has and hasnt gone simply enough for you...

But Carlos that simply is not true. I admit I''m no expert and i assume you are not either but from what i understand you''re statement is not accurate.

''Taking nothing out of the club'' is misleading but their share value has increased greatly up to year end 2007

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Elliot Osumuzio"]I often wonder about this too we8, we got over £10m from Earnshaw and

Who knows, I want answers [:@][/quote]Why dont you think about your posts? We paid £3.5m for Ashton.We sell Ashton for £7mWe buy Earnshaw for £3mWe sell Earnshaw for £3.5What you are actually asking is where has £3.5 million gone. The answer is a 350k sign on bonus, and £1million a year in wages for both.Thats where it has gone. I dislike DS and MWJ just like you,  but a bit of common sense doesnt half do wonders for your argument.[/quote]Now now don''t bring common sense to the board. The fact we used the money from selling Ashton to bring in Earnmore shouldn''t come in to things when it comes to bashing the board. I want the board gone too but asking where £10 million has gone is simply over the top. For years now we have been a selling club and the money we got from Earnmore was spent on Cureton. It''s been noted many times how the quality of the strikers we''ve had has gone gone down with our league position.Davo

Great to see that Roeder''s connections with the top flight such as Arsenal, Newcastle & West Ham are paying dividends here. [:P]

Taylor is the sort of player we should be looking to buy.  He had excellent potential and several prem clubs were interested in him when he signed for Wigan.  He was a player we should have bought during the prem season when we had 2 aging right backs.

However we dont need him now - it is unclear whether he has retained his ability and we have two capable players at right back for this season already - and its striking ability that we need,  not full back.  If he can do well elsewhere in getting fitness and form back I would be interested in signing him next summer though.  

So little football knowledge out there at times, a few stats and everyone slates him.  ignorance is bliss, or anger in this case,  it seems

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Makes you wonder why all those other Championship clubs dont have to rely on 8 or 9 loan players .
[/quote]

Because most other Championship clubs didnt have to release 10 or so sub standard footballers last year.  The squad was already small and we clearly couldnt afford to replace them all with quality permanent signings.  I would have thought this was blindingly obvious, or are you just too thick to realise this!!

So what would you have done then smart arse.  Kept the Ian Murray''s and Rossi Jarvis'' of this world instead of getting in players like Antoine Sibierski and John Kennedy.  OR would you too have asked where has the money gone and why ddnt we have a £10m transfer budget.