Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Semmy & Drury To Return???

I''m led to beleive both are now fit and I would like to see them return in-place of Omuzusi and Bertrand.

Both have been very inconsistent this season and Omuzusi has been at fault for several goals and penalties, whilst Bertrand has been nowhere near the heights of last season.  But both of these guys are young and inexperienced and with these factors comes inconsistency so I think a prolonged ''rest'' would do them the world of good.

I think the greater physical presence and experience of Semmy and in-particular Drury would be a good thing at this point in time and should help shore-up a defence and give us a bit more stability.  We may then be able to grind-out some kind of result today rather than being such a ''soft'' touch away from home. 

They are also both our players and still will be next season but this is obviously all subjetc to Roy and Phil agreeing to it!   

[quote user="Clint"]

I''m led to beleive both are now fit and I would like to see them return in-place of Omuzusi and Bertrand.

Both have been very inconsistent this season and Omuzusi has been at fault for several goals and penalties, whilst Bertrand has been nowhere near the heights of last season.  But both of these guys are young and inexperienced and with these factors comes inconsistency so I think a prolonged ''rest'' would do them the world of good.

I think the greater physical presence and experience of Semmy and in-particular Drury would be a good thing at this point in time and should help shore-up a defence and give us a bit more stability.  We may then be able to grind-out some kind of result today rather than being such a ''soft'' touch away from home. 

They are also both our players and still will be next season but this is obviously all subjetc to Roy and Phil agreeing to it!   

[/quote]Drury has a physical presence?

i''ll agree that bertrand hasn''t been playing aswell as he did last season, but he''s still better than drury, i think otsemobor is much better than omozusi going forward, but omozusi is better defensivly imo

I don''t think there''s any denying that he has a greater physical presence than Bertrand, which is whom the comparison is with.  Can you imagine Bertrand putting doing a stint at centre-half? 

[quote user="Clint"]I don''t think there''s any denying that he has a greater physical presence than Bertrand, which is whom the comparison is with.  Can you imagine Bertrand putting doing a stint at centre-half? [/quote]No, but Drury is an old man with knackered knees who gets knocked off the ball and falls over like a girl.Although, I do agree that we could do with his experience in the team and thus, yes, I would have Drury in the team (which I wasnt disputing, I would give Bertrand a go on the left if Hoolohan doesnt pull his finger out of his ahole.

I''d like to see Semmy and Drury replace Bertrand and Omo who have both been poor last few games.

[quote user="Bring Back Nielson "]

[quote user="cityangel"]I''d like to see Semmy and Drury replace Bertrand and Omo who have both been poor last few games.[/quote]

theres no contest between bertrand and drury, bertrand has twice the ability of drury !!

[/quote]

Surely the point is that Bertrand hasn''t been on particularly good form recently (this season)?

I don''t think it''s a comment on his ability.

Agreed - Betrands confidence has been shot after his ludicrous stint in midfield - started the season as he finished last season,  looking a top class player;  but does not have the same verve now - drury is a good choice.

Omo is far far better defensively and showed against wolves that he can get forward as well as semmy (superb shot,  several good runs and better crossing than semmy).  However he does need to be more consistent - but dont they all.