Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Relegation

I don''t want City to go down but if we do I''ll be happy if at the end of the season we can say that the manager & players did their best. If we lose games to teams who out-play us then thats just the way it is. The only time I will be dissapointed is if we throw points away. People say we should have beat Palace but they scored a quality goal and that''s what it took for us to concede, a quality goal, if it had been a defensive mistake then thats different.

Lets be honest most clubs in this league have better players than we do. I am sure we have the cheapest squad and lowest wage bill. Clubs in massive debt (ie. Everton) can still afford to spend more than us. Lets stop worrying and start enjoying being in the PL!

"It''s Just A Ride"

Hear hear. We have much les money than every other club in the division, so basically let''s just enjoy the season. It''s been 9 years!!!!

I''m not a big fan of the, "we tried our best but, oh well, it wasn''t quite good enough", school of thinking and given NW, DS and MWJ at the vanguard of NCFC''s approach, I don''t think they are either. They made some calculated gambles that paid off last year and I think that those they have brought in and will bring in before August end and are of the right quality, given our current status, and that they will be even more adventurous in January if they believe it can be justified. Other teams have better quality players, but I believe few have better ''teams'' in terms of spirit, application and tactics both on and off the pitch. Yes, let''s enjoy it, but not yet at least, in the Wolves supporters'', "we''ve seen the best players in the world at Molineux this season and we''re grateful and happy to go back to where we belong". Go down maybe, but die trying I hope.

Absolutely spot on, Saint canary. I intend to enjoy every minute, and staying up would be a simply massive bonus. I''m sure that if league placings were allocated on effort alone then we would be challenging for Europe come May!! Sadly, they''re not, but surely no one can complain if everyone has done all they can to help us stay up?

Don''t agree.

Always remember where you came from, that''s what my mum always told me. So remember who we are, how much we''ve spent and how much fun we''ve had, and if we go down go down fighting and with dignity.

None of that "sack the manager" moaning West Ham nonsense.

I don''t agree James - sure, I would be disappointed if we were relegated, but not really upset. The club is more forward thinking now than I can ever remember it being, and as a result, relegation would not be the worst thing in the world. That said, I believe we are plenty good enough to survive, with some to spare, but we will need plenty of effort and some of those lovely smiles from Lady Luck to help us along the way!

Look at it this way, imagine what the current team could do in the Championship, given what last year''s did. And that''s the key. We take the money and go down stronger. We come up again, strengthen again and then have a better chance of staying up. All us committed fans know that you have to be in it for the long term, the board know that, the manager knows that. Let the bandwagoners moan and jump off again, that''s fine.

yeah it is quite a win win situation when i think about it. If we stay up, then great we can build the squad and progress up the league. If we go down then we can easily take the championship again then have a lot more money and experience to take on the premiership for the 2nd time

Saint Canary, you''ve hit the Nail on the Head there, and anyone who Quotes Bill Hicks is saying all the right things.