Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

BURNLEY v NORWICH CITY - official match thread

Here''s the link for live text:

And, following the final whistle, here''s the league table:

Burnley: Jensen, Alexander, Carlisle, Caldwell, Jordan, Elliott, Gudjonsson, McCann, Eagles, Thompson, Blake.
Subs: Penny, Duff, McDonald, Paterson, Rodriguez.

Norwich: Marshall, Omozusi, Kennedy, Doherty, Drury, Bell, Clingan, Fotheringham, Croft, Lita, Russell.
Subs: Otsemobor,Cureton, Bertrand, Pattison, Nelson.

Referee: Graham Laws (Tyne & Wear)

Good job that Fozzy recovered from his injury (that occured after he had been dropped) just as Sibierski picked up a knock.

[quote user="GJP"]

Good job that Fozzy recovered from his injury (that occured after he had been dropped) just as Sibierski picked up a knock.

[/quote]

lol convenient though don''t ya think?

GR''s fave player Fozzy is back in the side, lets hope he''s had a few lessons in passing the ball forward and not crabbing it like normal.

I have no idea why we don''t just play Russell and Clingan in midfield which has worked well so far, and just put Lupoli up front alongside Lita. Glenn I know wants strength up front but Russell had one wonder game there and has done nothing up front since.

Just do not understand these decisions at all...

For goodness sake Russell is not a striker!! He''s okay for a makeshift one but when we have Koroma, Lupoli and Cureton we don''t need to play him upfront!

Groan.  Unfair on Russell,  strikers and the fans.  Such a kick in the teeth.

No wes again - so bell on the wrong foot too,  and kennedy and doc in the middle does not feel great either - too similar and we all know doc cant do the left side of defence very well,  despite how well he plays the other side.

With fozzy the crabman in the middle its not looking good;  so a 1-0 away win then!!! 

Perhaps he''ll play a 5 man midfield to try and keep it tight; im clutching at straws to reason with russel looking like hes up top. I read in the paper today how Roeder was praising his loan stars again; where are Lupoli, OJ and troy then today? Not good enough? Sibi is injured, and with bertrand also dropped we only have 3 loan players in the starting X1! We''ll look more like NCFC today!

Glad to see Drury back in the side.

And where are the attacking options when we go a goal down??? 2 full backs and a battling but uncreative midfielder wont win us a game or a point if it goes wrong...  

Doc up front with Omo in the middle and semmy right back?  Coz I cant see curo coming on for russell (if so why is he not starting there) nor Lita. 

[quote user="Carrow Roeder"]I have no idea why we don''t just play Russell and Clingan in midfield which has worked well so far, and just put Lupoli up front alongside Lita. Glenn I know wants strength up front but Russell had one wonder game there and has done nothing up front since. Just do not understand these decisions at all...[/quote]

Maybe hes looking for that same feeling he got from when we beat Doncaster, after the... ''light criticism'' he received from the crowd on his substitutions.

Cant you see it now?

''Following City''s 7-1 thrashing of hapless Burnley, Glenn Roeder told interviewers how he had once again proved the doubters wrong- ''I know before the game, there was a lot of unrest amongst the fans following my team selection, but I suppose it shows that you can''t manage a team from the stands. I though Darel (Russel) was superb in his forward role today, especially as he set up several of Doc''s goals, and Mark (Fotheringham) did a great job for us as holding midfielder. True, he doesnt have the pace or power to competently move out of the that position but I dont know any other player that can play the ball parallel with the halfway line so consistantly in the course of a game. Its a wonder that he hasnt appeared on ''Britains Got Talent'' for it yet!''''
We did try to get an interview with 5-goal star Gary ''The Doh''ctor is In'' Doherty, but we were told he had turned the wrong way after heading down the tunnel and somehow got kidnapped by a bear.''

Or something like that [:^)]

[quote]Norwich: Marshall, Omozusi, Kennedy, Doherty, Drury, Bell, Clingan, Fotheringham, Croft, Lita, Russell. Subs: Otsemobor,Cureton, Bertrand, Pattison, Nelson.[/quote]

[:$] FFS!!

Like Huddy I wondered if he was playing a 5 man midfield but obviously not.

Just don''t understand why we''re playing a midfielder upfront and not giving Jamie a chance or why Omo is playing instead of Semmy but then I''m just a woman and I don''t pick the team.

Just a silly thought but I would have rather have seen Doc upfront instead of Rusty, he''s done the striker role before when we''ve been short of strikers.

[quote user="Lrrr"]Lupoli looked decent when he was in the team at the start of the season- what has he done wrong? He rescued us against Cardiff and the Birmingham defence couldn''t handle him.[/quote]

May be Lupoli isn''t putting enough effort into training, otherwise I''m completely miffed as to why he''s absent from the first sixteen.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Like Huddy I wondered if he was playing a 5 man midfield but obviously not.

Just don''t understand why we''re playing a midfielder upfront and not giving Jamie a chance or why Omo is playing instead of Semmy but then I''m just a woman and I don''t pick the team.

Just a silly thought but I would have rather have seen Doc upfront instead of Rusty, he''s done the striker role before when we''ve been short of strikers.

[/quote]

Roeder has practically played a midfielder (Sibierski) up front all season, cityangel.It''s going to take some inspired performances from individuals to get anything this afternoon.

In the words of Chris Kamara, we are fighting like Beavers at the minute. Burnley just had two glorious opportunities once again, Russell clearing off the line then another city defender clearing off the line. How on earth we haven''t conceded I have NO idea.