Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

What was the point of signing Troy and OJ and Hoolihan if......

.........they are not even going to get in the squad? Wasnt Hoolihan a replacement for Hucks? Wasnt OJ meant to solve our striker crisis? What is the point of Troy? With little money anyway it seems what we do have is being wasted. ive lost faith now completly. One decent result against Wolves, who had lost 3 on the trot before hand, and we got a bit carried away, I think this will bring everyone back down to earth and realise what a sorry state our club is in.

At the moment it would seem we''ve sacrificed one quality player in order to bring in several players who can''t contribute as much together as that one single player.

I''d be interested to know if people who said they thought it was the right idea or didn''t object to Hucks leaving still consider it the correct decision at this stage?

I''d find it hard to believe that anyone could honestly say that even if with Hucks not quite at his previous high standards would he wouldn''t be an asset to our team and wouldn''t be doing a better job than those who have come in since he left.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"].........they are not even going to get in the squad? Wasnt Hoolihan a replacement for Hucks? Wasnt OJ meant to solve our striker crisis? What is the point of Troy? With little money anyway it seems what we do have is being wasted. ive lost faith now completly. One decent result against Wolves, who had lost 3 on the trot before hand, and we got a bit carried away, I think this will bring everyone back down to earth and realise what a sorry state our club is in.[/quote]er......not exactly Arthur...

[quote user="GJP"]

At the moment it would seem we''ve sacrificed one quality player in order to bring in several players who can''t contribute as much together as that one single player.

I''d be interested to know if people who said they thought it was the right idea or didn''t object to Hucks leaving still consider it the correct decision at this stage?

I''d find it hard to believe that anyone could honestly say that even if with Hucks not quite at his previous high standards would he wouldn''t be an asset to our team and wouldn''t be doing a better job than those who have come in since he left.

[/quote]I cant see that anyone in there right mind could still say now that getting rid of Hucks was the right thing to do, its so obvious he''s missed its embarrassing. Roeder thinks he''s bloody Alex Ferguson getting rid of the big time charlies of Becks, Ince and co. He needs to wake up and pull his head out of his own backside, its clear that Roeder and Clark had a big problem with Hucks. I cant flippin wait for next saturday.

I have to say I find it strange that we loan players but then proceed to not play them, I fail to see the benefit to them or to us, particularly given the paucity of reserve games (it no like these guys can get fit/play decent opposition in the ressies). I just hope that it does not put off other players coming to us on loan/other clubs from loaning players to us.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"].........they are not even going to get in the squad? Wasnt Hoolihan a replacement for Hucks? Wasnt OJ meant to solve our striker crisis? What is the point of Troy? With little money anyway it seems what we do have is being wasted. ive lost faith now completly. One decent result against Wolves, who had lost 3 on the trot before hand, and we got a bit carried away, I think this will bring everyone back down to earth and realise what a sorry state our club is in.[/quote]

I have been told that Troy is back at Spurs (he apparently went the week that drury got picked to play centre back). Can anyone confirm this?

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"].........they are not even going to get in the squad? Wasnt Hoolihan a replacement for Hucks? Wasnt OJ meant to solve our striker crisis? What is the point of Troy? With little money anyway it seems what we do have is being wasted. ive lost faith now completly. One decent result against Wolves, who had lost 3 on the trot before hand, and we got a bit carried away, I think this will bring everyone back down to earth and realise what a sorry state our club is in.[/quote]

I have been told that Troy is back at Spurs (he apparently went the week that drury got picked to play centre back). Can anyone confirm this?

[/quote]

wouldnt suprise me... he probably thinks he has wasted his time...

jas :)

Part of the reason is to ensure we have a large enough squad to cope with injuries;  our squad was far too small last season.

However yest bench was woefully inadequate.  You need a defender and either 2 midfield and a striker or 2 strikers and a midfielder to anable you to change the game.  The one on there yest were never going to do that. 2 from Hoola, lupoli, OJ should have been on there.  Pattison and betrand were a waste.