Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

New manager - same problems

Roeder is a good widely respected manager - changing that again is not the answer to our problems, and is just a further waste of money we don''t have.

Thats all I have to say.

Spot on, we have a very poor squad, no new manager we can realistically get will make a huge impact on them IMO, not without being able to strengthen the squad with money as oppossed to these 8 loan signings that will never work out in the long run, priority number one has to be to get the board out!

Widely respected ? who by ? , he has failed miserably at every club he has been at , and is doing no better here than Peter Grant . Take a look down the road at Ipswich , Jim Magilton in his first managerial role and he looks class compared to Roeder .

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Roeder is a good widely respected manager - changing that again is not the answer to our problems, and is just a further waste of money we don''t have. Thats all I have to say.[/quote]

Really ? ? ? ? Please enlighten me.

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]Roeder is a good widely respected manager - changing that again is not the answer to our problems, and is just a further waste of money we don''t have. Thats all I have to say.[/quote]

[/quote]It could be Wenger or my Nan makes little difference. $hite player are just that. Once a month performers. There’s one or two in every team. We have 22 of them. Sorry but Roeder or no Roeder we have awful players and no money to replace them. What is a new manager going to do other than relieve the pressure on the board as a great swathe of fans fall in behind the new man asking for another season before he is judged.I see nothing special in Roeder but I don''t think if Mourinho managed our current squad I would be overly impressed in him either!

Roeder managed Newcastle and West Ham - two of the biggest clubs in the country!

Just before coming here was rumoured to have been offered a role at Arsenal.

You don''t get jobs like that if you''re not respected within football.

Were a club that has to rely on loan signings - FACT

Atleast Roeder has his contacts which is useful when you have no choice but to fish for short term loan signings... Could you imagine some like Peter Grant for example, haveing to fish for loans... we may not of even had a big enough squad to start the season had we of hired another unexperianced manager. 

Are these contacts either comedians or vidictive individuals. The loan players are generally a waste of time and no better than the players we have. Even Roeder realises how poor some of them are as he doesn''t even pick them. People take Roeder for a mug and unload their unwanted players on him at our expense.

The only person who thinks Roeder is well respected is Roeder himself and anyone who will listen to the arogant little man. Any club who have been unforunate enough to have been managed by him detest the man and all say how he had no respect from the players or fans.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

Atleast Roeder has his contacts which is useful when you have no choice but to fish for short term loan signings... Could you imagine some like Peter Grant for example, haveing to fish for loans... we may not of even had a big enough squad to start the season had we of hired another unexperianced manager. 

[/quote]

So we''ve had fielded the likes of Chadwick, Spillane, Lappin, Jarvis & Martin.I seriously don''t think they could''ve done any worse a job than most of the current crop.

Maybe an inexperienced manager would have bought players from the lower leagues with the money Roeder has tossed down the drain on his pathetic loanees , lets be honest these quality loanees would be hard pressed to compete in the lower leagues , in fact we are pretty lucky Roeder has not bought players because its as clear as crystal he has no idea whatsoever.

er, he signed Sammy Clingan from Forest and Bell from Luton - do these not count as ''lower league'' sides?

Clingan is a good signing. Stefanovic is a good signing. The jury is still out on Bell but Pattison on the other hand....

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="West_London_Canary"]

[/quote]

So we''ve had fielded the likes of Chadwick, Spillane, Lappin, Jarvis & Martin.

I seriously don''t think they could''ve done any worse a job than most of the current crop.

[/quote]

I doubt they would have done any better though, then of course people would be on his back for the same reasons but merely pointing out diferent mistakes, face it we have a very poor squad, the worst it has been for as long as I can remeber, any realistic manager we can get is going to strugle with the funds he has combined with the current waste of space players we currently have. If this club wants to move forward then it has to do so from the top... Time for Delia and Co to sell up and then maybe we can look at replaceing the manager.

All i''m saying is don''t put this all on Roeder, he is only part of the problem, come on Delia where are all these so called investors?

Don''t let Delia and Co off the hook by venting all your anger at Glen...

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]......You don''t get jobs like that if you''re not respected within football....[/quote]

Well he didn''t......  and therefore he''s not.....

The squad is good enough - we more than held our own against the league leaders.   For me the problem is two fold

Roeder is a stubborn mule who wants things his way or no way - to the detriment of the team,  as seen by yesterdays selection which had little flair or creativity with our 2nd top scorer not on the bench along with our most influential if inconsistent playmaker in Hoolahan.

Secondly the whole squad - loanees or otherwise - are not motivated by the manager which is evident from the derby/burnley games compared to the wolves one.  Passion and committment in one out of three of those game only tells me that costa del colney remains alive and kicking and that these players are all far too big for their boots. 

Roeder is respected within football. I don''t think he is neccesarily respected as a manager. At both West Sham and the Barcode Army he was promoted from within, originally appointed as a coach or youth development guy. Which is also the position Wenger wanted him for. I think Roeder is a better manager than Grant, but it could be that they are both suited to other jobs within football.

In my opinion Roeder will ultimately fail as a manager because he needs someone in charge to keep his ego in check, Grant needs someone to keep his emotions in check.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

[/quote]It could be Wenger or my Nan makes little difference. $hite player are just that. Once a month performers. There’s one or two in every team. We have 22 of them. Sorry but Roeder or no Roeder we have awful players and no money to replace them. What is a new manager going to do other than relieve the pressure on the board as a great swathe of fans fall in behind the new man asking for another season before he is judged.

I see nothing special in Roeder but I don''t think if Mourinho managed our current squad I would be overly impressed in him either!
[/quote]

Absolutely 100% spot on HH.

Glenn Roeder is not the best manager we''ve ever had.  But unless and until there is a change at the top even Fergie couldn''t turn this lot into promotion challengers.

The board would just love it if we started calling for Roeder''s head. 

We may have no power to "Sack the Board" but we could send them an unmistakeable message.

I''ve always tried to support roeder but yesterday confirmed to me he''s not right for norwich. He changes the team on a weekly basis which doesn''t allow players to gel although he goes on all the time about players don''t gel over night. He plays fozzy over another striker? Finally when we see Hoolahan working hard he drops him, he doesn''t even consider Lupoli good enough for the bench but curo is?

Our squad is better than most no matter what people say, but we won''t see the results as the team is never the same, sqaud rotation does not work. We need a solid 11 we can then build around changing the odd player is fine.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]Take a look down the road at Ipswich , Jim Magilton in his first managerial role and he looks class compared to Roeder .[/quote]Sorry, can''t let that one go. Magilton''s had money to spend, and a big majority of ITFC fans think he''s totally wasted it. Not a good example to use.