Sign in to follow this  
Roger Hansbury

Is being Norwich Manager an impossible job?

Since promotion to the premier league the expectancy has become higher from fans.

Worthy, Grant and now Roeder dont seem to have any idea of even making us a top half team in this league.

We have no money.

We get 25,000 every home game who have had enough of 4 years of poor performances. As soon as we go a goal down or dont score for a long time the fans get restless - this seems to get to the players.

We have had 4 years of losing most away games, losing becomes a habit ..so with the curent situation we have, Is the Norwich managers job is becoming an impossible task.?

[quote user="Roger Hansbury"]

Since promotion to the premier league the expectancy has become higher from fans.

Worthy, Grant and now Roeder dont seem to have any idea of even making us a top half team in this league.

We have no money.

We get 25,000 every home game who have had enough of 4 years of poor performances. As soon as we go a goal down or dont score for a long time the fans get restless - this seems to get to the players.

We have had 4 years of losing most away games, losing becomes a habit ..so with the curent situation we have, Is the Norwich managers job is becoming an impossible task.?

[/quote]Its not easy for sure but I don''t think our expenctancy is that high. We expect to see out team compete at this level. I don''t think expecting su to be in the top half of the table and hopefully in with a shout of the playoffs is unreasonable and I think if we were in mid table most of our fans would not be giving Roeder any stick. I think even those that do give him stick blame others more than Roeder.

John Bond, Dave Stringer, Ken Brown and Mike Walker had very little money either. I feel it comes down to a string of average/very poor managers being appointed in recent times.I don''t actually blame the board for their lack of money but I do blame them for making cr@p appointments, oh and I also blame them for building a cr@p hotel

[quote user="Roger Hansbury"]

We have no money.

[/quote]

SPOT ON!!!!

Its not roeder, its something else that is really doing my head in!!! Its the lack of funds, (but we sell out each game?) its the can''t win away from Home (Can''t win much at home ethier!). I agree, we need a major invester FINAL!

I am sorry but I cannot buy into this idea that a financial windfall will help us. For one reason prices and wages will rise immediately, Roeder is not happy with big names so we wont be getting anyone like that. Lets take a step back to the Peter Grant regime he said that some of the loan deals required nearly as much finance as transfers and he wasnt prepared to pay that he also said that other managers would not dictate to him who would play in his team.

I still believe that a genuine manager can bring in some lower league players gel them together and take us forward look at Plymouth, Blackpool thet dont have our crowds they dont have our finance but still they outplay us.

Its about man management and tactics and understanding.  

[quote user="ridgeman"]

I am sorry but I cannot buy into this idea that a financial windfall will help us. For one reason prices and wages will rise immediately, Roeder is not happy with big names so we wont be getting anyone like that. Lets take a step back to the Peter Grant regime he said that some of the loan deals required nearly as much finance as transfers and he wasnt prepared to pay that he also said that other managers would not dictate to him who would play in his team.

I still believe that a genuine manager can bring in some lower league players gel them together and take us forward look at Plymouth, Blackpool thet dont have our crowds they dont have our finance but still they outplay us.

Its about man management and tactics and understanding.  

[/quote]

Totally, totally spot on. Worthy did well but stayed too long. Roeder doesn''t look like taking us anywhere but down. It''s his team with his players; teams like Burnley, Blackpool and Plymouth are doing OK despite no budget. 

I think Iwan and Malky would be better than Roeder and Clark. Just need some passion and knowledge of the league we are in! Could even Hucks as youth coach so we finally get some of OUR youngsters playing for us! The current management just aren''t good enough. If we were top 10 it''d be a vast improvement but we are no better off than last year!

Might as well give Tom Cruise a go - he seems to like his impossible missions.

In reality, I think it has become an impossible job. The expectations of Norwich fans has become so inflamed that no man can deliver the goods.

Money is a key issue in football now, back in the years players we never worth this much money with tens of millions being thrown around in order to get the premium talent.

The sad world is the Premiership is ruining football for the lower leagues because no premiership player really wants to leave and join a Championship club, purely because of the financial state the top flight is in. This league is more about tactics and man management than money though, but no manager could get this current squad promoted to be honest, we need money to buy our OWN players, these loan players don''t play for their badge, they play to impress their home club manager, it''s as simple as that.

We need money to get our own players, then we can look to sorting out tactics and man management required to get promoted from this league.