Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

The best jockey in the world couldn't ride a donkey to the National.

In other words whats the point in sacking Roeder when even the top five managers in the world coudn''t get our patched together team in the top ten of the championship,we should concentrate on Doomcaster and getting the board replaced, i know it''s not as easy as that to find someone with money to burn but at least get someone who tells the truth and who has a little bit of ambition!!! In my opinion sacking Roeder would be the wrong thing to do at the moment, not to say that he is the best man for the job long term but at the moment we need to start with getting new blood in the board room. Yes Roeder has made some strange signings but you have to look at the decisions the board have made over the last few years that are now affecting how the manager can spend, we are in such a poor financial state that we have to sell players just to bring in loan signings, HOW the hell has the club got into this mess not because of Roeder but the inept board and there idiotic and headstrong attitude. Peter Grants appointment as manager was the biggest mistake and one that has cost us dear,change the board and we will at least start to move forward.

good post...but imo i think a new face would bring new direction(we have none in the team right now)maybe the new man could get the best out of the players we have...surely they cant be that bad all of the time...we have some good players...they just need direction and a settled team wouldnt go a miss.

Yes you''re right there, but Roeder is not a ''top class manager''. How you can consider him a decent manager when he has made so many stupid tactical decisions (e.g. Russell upfront) and got rid of our most creative and influencial player, for free. (No, I won''t get over it before you ask).
I agree not many managers could pull us out of the trouble we are in now, but they could at least have gone about trying in the best possible way. Which Roeder has clearly not done.

I have to say that a friend of mine who is a West Ham supporter and was a supporter of GR when he first went to wet sham, said to me when we announced he was our new manager ''''he''s tactically naive, he''s a bully, and if he doesn''t get his own way god help you, and he WILL get you relegated''''.  I didn''t want to hear that so all I said was ''''we shall see''''.

Although Roeders team isn''t doing great sacking him would be akin to cutting a weed in the garden with a pair of scissors and expecting the problem to be solved (which has been done before). Ultimately you need to dig down and get to the root cause which appears to be a lack of money.

Agree with initial poster about donkey at national, although a lack of courage and effort from a team (as seen on Saturday) is different to a lack of quality, therefore Roeder is not 100% blameless as he motivates the team but I can''t see how getting rid would alter the dynamics of the situation.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I have to say that a friend of mine who is a West Ham supporter and was a supporter of GR when he first went to wet sham, said to me when we announced he was our new manager ''''he''s tactically naive, he''s a bully, and if he doesn''t get his own way god help you, and he WILL get you relegated''''.  I didn''t want to hear that so all I said was ''''we shall see''''.

[/quote]

DITO, they all laughed at me down at the Chelmsford office and said the same as your friend, he has made mistakes but the problem is more the board than Roeder, i think!! 

The Board needs to go first and the new owner then needs to get rid of Roeder asap .