Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Burnleys Crowd

Burnley 11000 - Norwich 25000 - Burnley got their own team we have a team of loanees which if we have to replace would mean going out and buying a full team basically - there has got to be something wrong there somewhere

its called prudence with ambition.

Or as someone else has said, they are being bankrolled by a multi millionaire (incidentally, if that is the case, who is it and why does he/she not publicise it?)

I wonder if their Kitchens/land/conference facilities and hotel make as much money as ours for team building as well?

as you imply, it is indeed a mystery

A new director by the name of Brendan Flood joined the Burnley board in 2006. He''s a successful businessman and Burnley fan operating out of the Manchester area. As far as I''m aware, he joined their board (as one of ten directors) without demanding full control of the club (unlike a certain Mr Cullum) and has since bankrolled all of Burnley acquisitions. He''s also helped to fill the £4M+ operating deficit that Burnley reported in their latest accounts.

Once again this is a case that illustrates that your gates/restaurants/merchandises etc. mean absolutely nothing compared to when you''ve got true money men involved who can support the finances of the club. Burnley could have gates of 2,000, but they’d still be successful with Flood’s money. In Delia and MWJ we''ve got two "poor" millionaires who do all they can for our club. Until someone wishes to join our board with the promise of cash, or offers a sensible price for total control, we need to back the current setup and support the team.

What is a "sensible price"?

Actually, don''t answer that, I think I will die of boredom.

D&M could walk onto the pitch and rip a ball boy''s head off and sh*t down his neck and people would still stick up for them. I guess our backward stereotype is not ill-deserved.

A sensible price is one that is close to what something is worth. A Mr Cullum offered £0 (via the media) for full control of the club, I don''t call that sensible at all.

Wonder how many times I will say this,

Burnley brought a young jug eared lad from Ireland, saw talent in him, looked after him, allowed him to play football, they developed him into a international player then sold him on for £3,5 million. With the £3,500,000 they brought 4-5 very good players in.

It is a circular argument. I value the club at just less than a Mars bar - but I understand others may not feel the same. Wolves were sold to D&M''s good friend Steve Morgan for a £10.

Is that a "sensible" price? Are Wolves now in a "sensible" position in the league?

I will make you a wager, it is that when D&M do eventually go their renumeration will be a lot closer to £0 to £56m because no-one will pay that lofty price.

And please stop with these Cullum "through the media" jibes. He was forced to as D&m would not even meet with him. He could have gone public when we were bottom of the league and really caused some sh*t.

Where as we have not sold a single player in the past three years have we...

Wonder how many times I will say this.....saucer of milk here please barman.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Wonder how many times I will say this,

Burnley brought a young jug eared lad from Ireland, saw talent in him, looked after him, allowed him to play football, they developed him into a international player then sold him on for £3,5 million. With the £3,500,000 they brought 4-5 very good players in.

[/quote]

[quote user="Matt Juler"]

A new director by the name of Brendan Flood joined the Burnley board in 2006. He''s a successful businessman and Burnley fan operating out of the Manchester area. As far as I''m aware, he joined their board (as one of ten directors) without demanding full control of the club (unlike a certain Mr Cullum) and has since bankrolled all of Burnley acquisitions. He''s also helped to fill the £4M+ operating deficit that Burnley reported in their latest accounts.

Once again this is a case that illustrates that your gates/restaurants/merchandises etc. mean absolutely nothing compared to when you''ve got true money men involved who can support the finances of the club. Burnley could have gates of 2,000, but they’d still be successful with Flood’s money. In Delia and MWJ we''ve got two "poor" millionaires who do all they can for our club. Until someone wishes to join our board with the promise of cash, or offers a sensible price for total control, we need to back the current setup and support the team.

[/quote]Spot on - hear hear.

Two big differences in the 2 clubs. Our player wage budget is at least £3million a year more than theirs and they don''t have to make up their £4 million a year operating deficit as they have a director bankrolling their annual operating loss.

Owen Columba Coyle , Burnley''s manager is the main difference.Whilst Gloan Roeder averages 1.24 points per game in his career Coyle the Burnley manager averages 1.67 points  and 1.58 points per game at Burley

FalkirkFlag of Scotland31 January 200320 May 200319123463.15
St. JohnstoneFlag of Scotland15 April 200522 November 20078942281947.19
BurnleyFlag of England22 November 2007Present5021131642
Career15875443947.47