Sign in to follow this  
SNAP

Is it time for the players to SHUT UP?

Is it just me or are other people becoming increasingly irritated by the constant stream of players lined up in front of the media to deliver rallying calls and promising all sorts of performances which seem to be completely outside the capabilities. Today we have Adam Drury, a past master of the art of rallying calls and big performance promises before he had months on the sidelines, telling us that thinks will get better. Thanks Adam, we have missed your incisive comments but we can all see what needs to be done, you Muppet! He even goes so far as to quote Glenn Roeder as saying – “….talk''s cheap with everyone coming out and saying this, that and the other, but at the end of the day it comes down to what we are doing on the pitch and at the minute we are not doing it right” – well here’s right there matey! So why then are they all at it? Who are they trying to convince? Themselves maybe? While the management team may have welcomed Gary Docherty back with open arms there will be many who will have sat with fingers in ears waiting for his first round of foot-in-mouth pre or post match comments. He didn’t keep us waiting long or disappoint.

Suggestion – Glenn Roeder talks for the team. The rest should keep it buttoned until they are able to put their money, rather than their feet, where their mouths are.

[quote user="SNAP"]

Is it just me or are other people becoming increasingly irritated by the constant stream of players lined up in front of the media to deliver rallying calls and promising all sorts of performances which seem to be completely outside the capabilities. Today we have Adam Drury, a past master of the art of rallying calls and big performance promises before he had months on the sidelines, telling us that thinks will get better. Thanks Adam, we have missed your incisive comments but we can all see what needs to be done, you Muppet! He even goes so far as to quote Glenn Roeder as saying – “….talk''s cheap with everyone coming out and saying this, that and the other, but at the end of the day it comes down to what we are doing on the pitch and at the minute we are not doing it right” – well here’s right there matey! So why then are they all at it? Who are they trying to convince? Themselves maybe? While the management team may have welcomed Gary Docherty back with open arms there will be many who will have sat with fingers in ears waiting for his first round of foot-in-mouth pre or post match comments. He didn’t keep us waiting long or disappoint.

Suggestion – Glenn Roeder talks for the team. The rest should keep it buttoned until they are able to put their money, rather than their feet, where their mouths are.

[/quote]

Irritating as it is, the fact is that players are club employees.If told to spout a particular line at press conferences they have to do it,so we shouldn''t blame them, but blame the puppet masters.

Actually SNAP I don''t want Glenn Roeder to talk on behalf of the team - I want him to talk TO the team, and work with them to remedy the awful mess they have got themselves into.

Meanwhile, Archant could fill the pages with perhaps some impartial reporting on the state of our club.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Actually SNAP I don''t want Glenn Roeder to talk on behalf of the team - I want him to talk TO the team, and work with them to remedy the awful mess they have got themselves into. Meanwhile, Archant could fill the pages with perhaps some impartial reporting on the state of our club.[/quote]

Impartial reporting, eh?........that''s easier said than done.

The local media needs to keep Carrow Road '' sweet '' if they want '' access all areas ''

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Actually SNAP I don''t want Glenn Roeder to talk on behalf of the team - I want him to talk TO the team, and work with them to remedy the awful mess they have got themselves into. Meanwhile, Archant could fill the pages with perhaps some impartial reporting on the state of our club.[/quote]

The local media needs to keep Carrow Road '' sweet '' if they want '' access all areas ''

[/quote]

Sad but true, and the obvious problem of having one ''big club'' in the county. If someone pisses Fergie off up north, they can still goto Man City or Liverpool for a scoop.

If one of Archant gets up Roeder/Smith''s nose and gets banned, they have to goto Kings Lynn for their exclusives.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[/quote]

Sad but true, and the obvious problem of having one ''big club'' in the county. If someone pisses Fergie off up north, they can still goto Man City or Liverpool for a scoop.

If one of Archant gets up Roeder/Smith''s nose and gets banned, they have to goto Kings Lynn for their exclusives.

[/quote]

No, that is not true.  It''s not true in Manchester either.  The BBC pissed Fergie off and he banned them from his after match press conferences.

Wow! Big deal.  So you simply hire the freelances who aren''t banned to do it for you instead of sending staff.

Not a prob and wouldn''t be at Norwich either.

But they won''t ban Archant because truthfully they are the only outfit (along with regional TV/radio) who have any interest at all in what is happening at Norwich City.

We can sell Delia if it''s good but if it''s just football no one wants to know.  Sorry. 

If it''s any help you can''t sell Lincoln or Colchester football either.[+o(]

[quote user="SNAP"]

[/quote]

I cancelled my Canaries World because of these interviews. They are a bunch of clowns who dont seem to give a s##t about anything. Remarks like "its unacceptable" really piss me off! Damn right it is matey, heres a thought - Do something about it then. These interviews need to stop and extra training introduced. Now.