Sign in to follow this  
cuckoo in the nest

lee clark

Just seen on teletext page 338 Carlisle vacancy linked to him. thoughts ?

1 Save wage bill?

2 Is he vital or surplus to requirements 

3 Is he any good ?

4 Is he driving force behind this season''s success?

5 Without  him would Gloan Roeder crumble ?

6  Is he natural successot to Gloan if wheels come off and our form dips?

7 Do we have adequate cover with number 3 (some bloke we got from Hartlepool ) ?

8 Do we need him in case Gloan is permanently banned from technical  (or in Gloan''s case just area at side of pitch) area ?

I''m thinking that if Lee Clarke does take the Carlisle job-and he''ll be tempted, no doubt-then the club will announce that the vacancy for Assistant Manager"..won''t be filled..." explaining that Paul Stephenson will take on additional duties and someone who makes the tea and puts the shirts out for the youth team will "assist".

More money saved!

If he''s offered the job, he''ll take it if the T&C''s are right for him, no question.

[quote user="cuckoo in the nest"]

Just seen on teletext page 338 Carlisle vacancy linked to him. thoughts ?

1 Save wage bill?

2 Is he vital or surplus to requirements 

3 Is he any good ?

4 Is he driving force behind this season''s success?

5 Without  him would Gloan Roeder crumble ?

6  Is he natural successot to Gloan if wheels come off and our form dips?

7 Do we have adequate cover with number 3 (some bloke we got from Hartlepool ) ?

8 Do we need him in case Gloan is permanently banned from technical  (or in Gloan''s case just area at side of pitch) area ?

[/quote]

1. would be attractive to the board...note Doomcasters quote re Cullen.

2. vital? - nobody is bigger than the club. surplus to requirements? In Rodents eyes probably not. 

3. any good? - see league position.

4. determine sucess. see answer above.

5. If the Rodent would crumble then let the Rodent go to Carlise and put Clarke in charge.

6. I don''t think so.

7. to me an unknown quantity. the Board would probably promote from within and leave the no3 post vacant.

8. if he is only employed to shout the Rodents instructions from the sidelines then replace him with any drunken Sat night Riverside herbert at much less the cost.

A colleague has just pointed out that the club could reinvent Bryan Gunn  ? or thinking outside the envelope get a number two on loan  ? or get an unknown from Eventguard ? or use Matty Pattison''s driver ? or retire Jamie Cureton?

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

Perhaps he will take GR with him....(for his valuable loan contacts)..............please !

[/quote]Oi! stop getting my hopes up Jim.[;)]

brilliant! lets get rid of him, perhaps we could send glenn roeder out on loan to a lower league club to get experience and sign a younger premier league coach on loan to replace him mark bowen perhaps?

Several people on this board predicted lee clark would grab the first opportunity that came his way. One person went on to suggest he''d be gone by xmas as was laughed at. Looking to be the case now isn''t it.

[quote user="Michael Starr"]Several people on this board predicted lee clark would grab the first opportunity that came his way. One person went on to suggest he''d be gone by xmas as was laughed at. Looking to be the case now isn''t it.[/quote]

I think he may even prefere to hang on here, And see how things pan out with G R, he might fancy taking over here,

Bigger club and all that, Untill its made public we will have to, As usual wait and see    

[quote user="Michael Starr"]Several people on this board predicted lee clark would grab the first opportunity that came his way. One person went on to suggest he''d be gone by xmas as was laughed at. Looking to be the case now isn''t it.[/quote]

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle_united/latest/1.264505

Greg Abbott given until end of transfer window to prove he is Carlisle United''s man

Carlisle United supremo David Allen says Greg Abbott will be given at least until the end of the January transfer window to prove he deserves to be named John Ward’s permanent successor.

Greg Abbott photo

Greg Abbott

Chief executive Allen said the caretaker boss will be backed to strengthen the squad in the new year in an attempt to fend off a relegation fight at Brunton Park.

You can put him back on your Christmas card list, it looks like he''ll be here for at least another couple of months.

Steve Cotterill is favourite for the Carlisle job according to the press but I''m hoping that Roeder applies.

Off topic but I see that Malkay is going to be looking after Watford, good luck to him.

lee clarke said at the last ncisa meeting that his final game for fulham was the 6-0 defeat that sent us down, and that it was his easiest ever premier league game, he said norwich waved the white flag and just rolled over, he went on to say that the fans were badly let down that day and it would not happen while he was here........so what happened at burnley, oh, and derby, don''t forget southampton

[quote user="cityangel"]

Steve Cotterill is favourite for the Carlisle job according to the press but I''m hoping that Roeder applies.

Off topic but I see that Malkay is going to be looking after Watford, good luck to him.

[/quote]

Good on him, Malky would make a good manager!

Clarke is Roeders yes man im afraid... be interesting to see how Roeder copes without 1 of his people though....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Clarke is Roeders yes man im afraid... be interesting to see how Roeder copes without 1 of his people though....

jas :)

[/quote]

If the current situation is anything to go by disastrous.